WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The toughest part of his recruitment is the amount of time Nebraska put into getting him here. His heart is at Nebraska just like Calvin's is. USC did not recruit him anywhere near as hard as Nebraska did and he knows that. USC slow played him considering his talent and proximity. If he stays, its because someone else convinced him too. He settled to make others around him happy. It is a shame.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/highschool/varsity-times/la-sp-vi-hawkins-football-20170214-story.html

Hmm, makes me think Vincent knows some stuff like he says...

Not saying there weren't outside influences. But I don't think that article says anything about Lewis and Johnson other than they signed with USC.

If you're trying to use that article as proof you're WAAAAY over-stressing one sentence to fit what you want it to say.

Oh hey Mav! How has your Sunday been so far bud!? I wasn't using it as proof. More like using it as proof that there is some fishy stuff going on up there. 13-1 and the loss came without 2 superstars playing and you are firing the staff? Definitely something isn't right and it very well could have nothing or something to do with USC.

Yea I read the article it seems like this coach is transferring in the best players from around the region into Hawkins. LA area schools probably got upset and rightfully so that kids were just transferring into Hawkins willy nilly and the school district did something about it. I don't think it has anything to do with USC

• Fire 1

Yea I read the article it seems like this coach is transferring in the best players from around the region into Hawkins. LA area schools probably got upset and rightfully so that kids were just transferring into Hawkins willy nilly and the school district did something about it. I don't think it has anything to do with USC

That is laughable.

You think the district fired a guy for getting kids to come play for him without incentives, etc?

You realized you completed dismissed anything I said and used "probably" in your explanation for a reason why you are correct?

Uhm it is completely against the rules for kids to just transfer into a high school for football if they live in a different area and are supposed to be going to another high school. That wouldn't and isn't being allowed here. If it's a private school that's different but it's a public high school.

You are trying to tell me he is being fired for something other than what was stated in the article? Sorry if I'm not into conspiracy theories.

Edit: 40 athletes have transferred to the school in the last 3 years, you don't think that is the real reason he is being fired? Stockpiling talent via transfers at a public high school isn't going to fly, obviously.

Uhm it is completely against the rules for kids to just transfer into a high school for football if they live in a different area and are supposed to be going to another high school. That wouldn't and isn't being allowed here. If it's a private school that's different but it's a public high school.

You are trying to tell me he is being fired for something other than what was stated in the article? Sorry if I'm not into conspiracy theories.

Edit: 40 athletes have transferred to the school in the last 3 years, you don't think that is the real reason he is being fired?

He is not the dean of admissions or whatever that's called in a HS. It also says something in that article about, circumstances not being released I believe...

Seriously, just read it again and the school said all personnel issues are confidential and they said no more.

Dude you are way off if you think nothing fishy is going on lol. Lol. Lol.

I read it and I read the rest of the article and I put 2 and 2 together. Please tell me what you think is going on that got this man fired that is so much fishier than what I and the article are proposing?

Ok Matty, that doesn't change the fact it takes a stretch of the imagination to link that article to Joseph Lewis not coming to Nebraska

OH you...with your condescension maxed out and tiny ween in full effect.

Yes this is me stroking my ego and has nothing to do with Matty making a mountain out of a molehill. Coach getting fired is irrelevant to Lewis and Johnson going to USC. If he wants to think it's relevant that's on him but that doesn't mean we all have to accept that as fact.

Aren't disagreements what message boards are for or should I be validating every post as not to get anyone's panties in a bunch?

• Fire 2

Ok Matty, that doesn't change the fact it takes a stretch of the imagination to link that article to Joseph Lewis not coming to Nebraska

Yes this is me stroking my ego and has nothing to do with Matty making a mountain out of a molehill. Coach getting fired is irrelevant to Lewis and Johnson going to USC. If he wants to think it's relevant that's on him but that doesn't mean we all have to accept that as fact.

Aren't disagreements what message boards are for or should I be validating every post as not to get anyone's panties in a bunch?

I'm not saying his coach getting fired is why he went to USC lol. I'm saying, shady business = shady business.

Is it that far fetched to say, JL's HS coach gave him some money to come to his HS? Which made taking money seem okay to JL... Then USC comes knocking and HS coach says, hey, here is what I did to get him to come play ball for me. Bet it works again....

Not saying that happened, but hell it sure could've.

All I'm saying is, monkey see, monkey do. Seems like there definitely was some monkey business going on in that area.

I'm not saying his coach getting fired is why he went to USC lol. I'm saying, shady business = shady business.

Is it that far fetched to say, JL's HS coach gave him some money to come to his HS? Which made taking money seem okay to JL... Then USC comes knocking and HS coach says, hey, here is what I did to get him to come play ball for me. Bet it works again....

Not saying that happened, but hell it sure could've.

All I'm saying is, monkey see, monkey do. Seems like there definitely was some monkey business going on in that area.

I never said you said that. I'm just saying the article seems irrelevant to Joe Lewis going to SC. You made it seem like it had relevance in your original post with the article and then defended that idea with the only supporting evidence being the details of the decision were not disclosed.

That idea is that far fetched when there is zero evidence supporting it. It's a fabricated idea using one piece of the information. It's like you took a shed and built a house onto it.