WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so let me clarify, this is not my opinion. I am privy to a ton of information on SoCal recruits (not just nebraska's targets). I know what you have read and I know what I have been told. Not everything always adds up.

Fair enough. My main flag is on the "someone else convinced him." So maybe it was a misinterpretation.

Are you saying like his mom? I'd agree with that and believe it. Or are you trying to say a good recruiting pitch by a coach? Or are you trying to say some sort of recruiting violation?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

The USC coaches had to have done or said something that got his mother pushing him to USC.
A new house, new job, and an expense account is a hard thing to tell mom she cant have.

That reminds me of a story. One of the assistant coaches at my old Juco told me that USC would start up business accounts at local grocery stores and would have groceries delivered to struggling parents. The parents just so happened to have a 5 star recruit living with them.

Ok so let me clarify, this is not my opinion. I am privy to a ton of information on SoCal recruits (not just nebraska's targets). I know what you have read and I know what I have been told. Not everything always adds up.

Fair enough. My main flag is on the "someone else convinced him." So maybe it was a misinterpretation.

Are you saying like his mom? I'd agree with that and believe it. Or are you trying to say a good recruiting pitch by a coach? Or are you trying to say some sort of recruiting violation?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

The USC coaches had to have done or said something that got his mother pushing him to USC.
A new house, new job, and an expense account is a hard thing to tell mom she cant have.

That reminds me of a story. One of the assistant coaches at my old Juco told me that USC would start up business accounts at local grocery stores and would have groceries delivered to struggling parents. The parents just so happened to have a 5 star recruit living with them.

mshckd.gif

Schaefer basically said it's a waste of time to talk about Lewis coming to Nebraska. Which made me think a little broader.

First of all, I don't usually buy into package deals working out.

But, some might consider Lewis & Johnson going to USC a package deal. It sounds like there are 6 spots remaining. It also sounds like if Falo signs with USC, it possibly leaves Johnson without a spot.

Now if this were to happen, I truly believe there would be major ramifications. First, it'll leave Johnson to choose between N and Oregon. I think we win that battle. Then it makes Lewis possibly reconsider. Then finally, it might make Johnson's brother decide to get out of USC (2018).

Sure, Lewis could just look out for himself and say adios, but I believe they consider one another family. So keep an eye on this and hope Falo chooses USC over Oregon.

This is probably all for nothing, because I don't actually believe USC runs out of room for Johnson or Lewis if they want in, but hell it could provide some fun drama on Wednesday so keep an eye out!

Schaefer basically said it's a waste of time to talk about Lewis coming to Nebraska. Which made me think a little broader.

But, some might consider Lewis & Johnson going to USC a package deal. It sounds like there are 6 spots remaining. It also sounds like if Falo signs with USC, it possibly leaves Johnson without a spot.

Now if this were to happen, I truly believe there would be major ramifications. First, it'll leave Johnson to choose between N and Oregon. I think we win that battle. Then it makes Lewis possibly reconsider. Then finally, it might make Johnson's brother decide to get out of USC (2018).

Sure, Lewis could just look out for himself and say adios, but I believe they consider one another family. So keep an eye on this and hope Falo chooses USC over Oregon.

This is probably all for nothing, because I don't actually believe USC runs out of room for Johnson or Lewis if they want in, but hell it could provide some fun drama on Wednesday so keep an eye out!

Just makes you wonder who Tyjon would've been talking about if Lewis and Johnson are basically sold on USC. I'm kind of on board with Schaefer on this one. I just don't see Lenoir coming. Seems like we are running out of drama outside of maybe Verdell? Drama may just be making sure we get the people say we should in Daniels, Blades, and Onyemaobi. Maybe hanging on to Guy.

I think you're overthinking it....

• Fire 1

I think you're overthinking it....

Oh I definitely am. I just hope we land our guys and then chaos occurs and perhaps we land one surprise. USC filling up is possible, I suppose.

Johnson has said they aren't necessarily a package deal and have to do what's best for each of them.

Where did Schaefer say this?? Not that I don't believe you but I've been gone all day and don't see any podcast with recruiting news.

Where did Schaefer say this?? Not that I don't believe you but I've been gone all day and don't see any podcast with recruiting news.

Think on one of the local shows last Friday he talked about talking with Lewis at the AAA game and he was very open talking about USC and monosyllabic talking about NU. Not 100% out of it but wouldnt hold my breathe.

http://247sports.com/Player/Joseph-Lewis-75937

Scroll down a bit and read that quote on the middle of the page. It does not mean he is N but just remember it, a qb he knows could be getting him the ball in Lincoln. We are needing a signing day surprise and he could be the one!

I'm all for that but don't forget the guy USC has running the show.

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/sam_darnold_971855.html

I betcha this guy already has a high draft stock even though he's a bit a way from being eligible. Having an NFL caliber guy throwing to you is probably pretty comparable to having the two guys you know. That is a good point to consider though!