WR Joseph Lewis [USC - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Didn't realize Johnson was going too

Sounds like we are coming up just short on both. We already did our last in homes right? Never heard much about those or even a tweet out by the players that they happened
Think we were in home last week.

The toughest part of his recruitment is the amount of time Nebraska put into getting him here. His heart is at Nebraska just like Calvin's is. USC did not recruit him anywhere near as hard as Nebraska did and he knows that. USC slow played him considering his talent and proximity. If he stays, its because someone else convinced him too. He settled to make others around him happy. It is a shame.

The toughest part of his recruitment is the amount of time Nebraska put into getting him here. His heart is at Nebraska just like Calvin's is. USC did not recruit him anywhere near as hard as Nebraska did and he knows that. USC slow played him considering his talent and proximity. If he stays, its because someone else convinced him too. He settled to make others around him happy. It is a shame.

This seems unfair.

It's a credit to NU that they could challenge for a prospect like this.

If he goes to USC it's because he wants to. And it's a great opportunity for him.

Some good points in there, but a couple I don't necessarily agree with.

USC has let him know for quite some time they wanted him. They just don't have to recruit as hard until the end and they know that.

Ok so let me clarify, this is not my opinion. I am privy to a ton of information on SoCal recruits (not just nebraska's targets). I know what you have read and I know what I have been told. Not everything always adds up.

Fair enough. My main flag is on the "someone else convinced him." So maybe it was a misinterpretation.

Are you saying like his mom? I'd agree with that and believe it. Or are you trying to say a good recruiting pitch by a coach? Or are you trying to say some sort of recruiting violation?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

Ok so let me clarify, this is not my opinion. I am privy to a ton of information on SoCal recruits (not just nebraska's targets). I know what you have read and I know what I have been told. Not everything always adds up.

Fair enough. My main flag is on the "someone else convinced him." So maybe it was a misinterpretation.

Are you saying like his mom? I'd agree with that and believe it. Or are you trying to say a good recruiting pitch by a coach? Or are you trying to say some sort of recruiting violation?

The USC coaches had to have done or said something that got his mother pushing him to USC.

Or he loves his mom and chooses to stay closer to her.

Does anyone know, did she come here w/him for his OV? I know hs coaches accompanied him for something.

I don't think she came here on the OV. I am basing this off the top of my head but I am pretty sure he came here alone. Again I could be wrong but if I remember correctly his mom did not come for whatever reason.

That was my memory as well Mike - hope that our in homes have blown her away then. It would be hard not to be partial to the college down the street when you've never seen the one across the country.

I am pretty sure if mom came, she would not mind him going to Nebraska, this is why he will go to USC. I am getting the feeling that we are losing ground here and if he committed at the AAAG he would have been N and ours to lose. Greg J probably still comes here but I could see him following suit as well, if we get demo I doubt we get Johnson and that is because USC is going to raid Salesian like crazy so they do not lose out on those high quality prospects.

The USC coaches had to have done or said something that got his mother pushing him to USC.

A new house, new job, and an expense account is a hard thing to tell mom she cant have.