Scalia has passed away

You're welcome to that opinion.

If no one wrongly used the word bigot here then your comments about it were misplaced.

I was one of the people who used it and I don't throw the word around willy nilly.

I neither said it was used correctly, nor incorrectly in this thread. From experiences in other forums, I have seen how the whole "bigot" thing plays out. So, I merely offered an observation, which, based on the subject matter and discussion, I felt was appropraiate.

I am curious to see who gets nominated. It would be foolish for the Republicans to attempt to drag it out, but I do think the best chance that the President has of getting the position filled is a more moderate candidate. Either way, I'm hoping whoever is the choice, is first beholden to the people, and not the corporations and state.

Apparently dems blocked George Bush from electing a supreme court justice in 2007. Repubs will probably do the same because they can. Saw this in a tweet so not sure if true but brought it up for discussion

Schumer said they should if the situation arose, but no Justices retired or died that year.

Also, Schumer was and is an idiot.

• Fire 1

I am curious to see who gets nominated. It would be foolish for the Republicans to attempt to drag it out, but I do think the best chance that the President has of getting the position filled is a more moderate candidate. Either way, I'm hoping whoever is the choice, is first beholden to the people, and not the corporations and state.

Agreed, and I'll throw in either political party. This country needs to be ruled by the Moderates. We've had far too much polarization in politics the last couple of decades.

• Fire 1

Agreed, and I'll throw in either political party. This country needs to be ruled by the Moderates. We've had far too much polarization in politics the last couple of decades.

It's because politics has become a game of "winning" and getting elected so that you can serve your corporate/special interest puppet masters.

Apparently dems blocked George Bush from electing a supreme court justice in 2007. Repubs will probably do the same because they can. Saw this in a tweet so not sure if true but brought it up for discussion

Yes, in the middle of 2007, 18 months before GW Bush was going to be out of the office, Chuck Schumer gave a press conference stating that the Dems should block any remaining Bush appointees....for 18 months. Now Schumer is complaining because the GOP is saying they will do it for 11 months. Hypocrisy at its finest.

• Fire 1