Doc Sadler, Barry Collier, Tim Miles?

...... lol. I'm not trying to be a dick, but did you just try to make a statistical argument that 1) proved Miles has the best conference record of the 3 coaches you are comparing and then 2) say that if you throw out TWENTY FIVE PERCENT (25%) of his time here at Nebraska (obviously, the best 25%) that he's actually the worst? Hmm, you don't say.

Statistical was meant more for overall record. And the conference records are similar between all of them. If we lose that last two games he won't be "1st" for conference percentage. And is winning less than 40% of conference games what we should expect or put as a benchmark. I wasn't throwing out the 25%, I just didn't want to say it was a fluke. I think we played great basketball at the end and got hott, but his overall record is worse regardless.

That's fair. I guess it's not fair to judge him on 3 out of his 4 years. There's also the law of averages - I have confidence that if Miles is given 6 years, his records will be better than Doc/Collier.

Go check out for yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Miles

He is a .500 career coach, period, with one or two decent years mixed in per school.

Actually .545

Oh, my bad.. he is a .545 coach. That does sound much better!

NEWS FLASH: Nebraska has never won an NCAA Tournament basketball game. What expectations did you really have?

Miles brought us to the tournament for the first time in 16 years. Who cares about the CIB and NIT

4 out of our 8 players are TRUE freshmen. Again, I don't see what people thought would happen this year. We are more than okay going forward. Gill will need to make a solid impact if this team wants to move up next season though. Not having a true big man is our biggest problem --No in and out movement

• Fire 1

NEWS FLASH: Nebraska has never won an NCAA Tournament basketball game. What expectations did you really have?

Miles brought us to the tournament for the first time in 16 years. Who cares about the CIB and NIT

4 out of our 8 players are TRUE freshmen. Again, I don't see what people thought would happen this year. We are more than okay going forward. Gill will need to make a solid impact if this team wants to move up next season though. Not having a true big man is our biggest problem --No in and out movement

My expectations? To get that first win, of course we have to get back to the NCAA tourney.. and being 11 place out of 12 teams in the Big 10 won't get it done.

Why are we relying on so many freshman again? And why do we not have a legit big man?

You don't/can't build a program that way!

My expectations? To get that first win, of course we have to get back to the NCAA tourney.. and being 11 place out of 12 teams in the Big 10 won't get it done.

Why are we relying on so many freshman again? And why do we not have a legit big man?

14 teams....

He is getting better recruits...they are True Freshmen at this point. I still believe Tim is building us the right way. 2 more diaper dandies coming next season with Gill being able to play. We will be MUCH improved next season.

Not unless they get a big guy.

Issue witht his team wasnt youth, it was size.

Go add a Grad-transfer with some size and lets see what happens.

Miles had to hit the reset button this year, so i dont think expectations were that high.... But at the end of the day that falls on Miles.

Miles took over a team that wasnt going to get top recruits over night. He had to get JUCO/Grad transfer stop gaps to fix it and wait for guys like Watson/Morrow to come in.

I think next year should be leaps and bounds better. I still believe in Miles overrall but he needs to prove he can actually improve talent not just recruit it. He hasnt proven to be a very good in game coach yet. Losing key assistant coaches has really hurt this team

14 teams....

I didn't even realize I did that, must be pining for our Big 12 days.. consequently that doesn't make any difference. Being at the bottom is still being at the bottom.

He is getting better recruits...they are True Freshmen at this point. I still believe Tim is building us the right way. 2 more diaper dandies coming next season with Gill being able to play. We will be MUCH improved next season.

Not unless they get a big guy.

Issue witht his team wasnt youth, it was size.

Go add a Grad-transfer with some size and lets see what happens.

Miles had to hit the reset button this year, so i dont think expectations were that high.... But at the end of the day that falls on Miles.

Miles took over a team that wasnt going to get top recruits over night. He had to get JUCO/Grad transfer stop gaps to fix it and wait for guys like Watson/Morrow to come in.

I think next year should be leaps and bounds better. I still believe in Miles overrall but he needs to prove he can actually improve talent not just recruit it. He hasnt proven to be a very good in game coach yet. Losing key assistant coaches has really hurt this team

It's not easy to find a good big man, but I agree this was something Miles had to do. A JUCO was needed two years ago and he didn't capitalize.

I think there are a couple factors to take into consideration when comparing the last several coaches (frankly you can go back to the 1960s or forever if you want to as it is almost all the same). The Big Ten is much tougher conference in basketball than the Big 8 and Big 12 were in my view. Therefore, I believe it is arguable that the Husker mens' BB team is better overall than those of the past years under Tim's reign. However, the competition is tougher so the results are about the same in terms of wins and losses, etc. I think most of the discussion on making the move to the Big Ten was that it would be better for the football program and help the baseball and likely be tougher in the women's sports particularly VB. Men's BB would suffer the most and arguably it has but Miles has kept it from being too embarrassing.

I was one who felt we didn't need to change coaches the last time because I didn't believe it would matter. Absent hiring a big name big time coach, Nebraska will NEVER have a top twenty or ten BB program. Nebraska has NEVER won a championship in BB in its history. Sadly, I don't believe it will and Tim Miles is not going to change that.

If you are BB fans, then you should simply get on board with Tim Miles and cheer for the team, win or lose. If I were the AD and it came time to let Tim go, I would recommend that mens BB be discontinued altogether in favor of additing some other sport or simply adding the budget to the football program. I am a Husker fan die hard and BB is interesting enough. But it is futile to continue changing coaches when it won't matter in the big picture. The results will be the same. Nebraska produces practically no top notch BB talent and until we have a couple local guys come along with NBA all star talent and give the team a major boost, we are destined to remain losers.

Wheres the -1 button?

I think there are a couple factors to take into consideration when comparing the last several coaches (frankly you can go back to the 1960s or forever if you want to as it is almost all the same). The Big Ten is much tougher conference in basketball than the Big 8 and Big 12 were in my view. Therefore, I believe it is arguable that the Husker mens' BB team is better overall than those of the past years under Tim's reign. However, the competition is tougher so the results are about the same in terms of wins and losses, etc. I think most of the discussion on making the move to the Big Ten was that it would be better for the football program and help the baseball and likely be tougher in the women's sports particularly VB. Men's BB would suffer the most and arguably it has but Miles has kept it from being too embarrassing.

I was one who felt we didn't need to change coaches the last time because I didn't believe it would matter. Absent hiring a big name big time coach, Nebraska will NEVER have a top twenty or ten BB program. Nebraska has NEVER won a championship in BB in its history. Sadly, I don't believe it will and Tim Miles is not going to change that.

If you are BB fans, then you should simply get on board with Tim Miles and cheer for the team, win or lose. If I were the AD and it came time to let Tim go, I would recommend that mens BB be discontinued altogether in favor of additing some other sport or simply adding the budget to the football program. I am a Husker fan die hard and BB is interesting enough. But it is futile to continue changing coaches when it won't matter in the big picture. The results will be the same. Nebraska produces practically no top notch BB talent and until we have a couple local guys come along with NBA all star talent and give the team a major boost, we are destined to remain losers.

Your post would make some sense (ok, no it wouldn't, but I would give you a C+ for trying) if Tim was beating teams outside of the big 10. Tim is .488 against teams outside the Big 10. That stat alone blows your theory out of the water!

The stat is in the first post.. This isn't rocket science!

and to the rest of your post.. All I can say is that it is probably the silliest post I have read!

Tim miles is 61-64. About to be 61-65/66. Take away his 9-1 run from two years ago he will end up 52-65 after 4 years, one might say we have regressed. He has done nothing that doc, Barry or any other coach that has come here and failed. I'm not impressed by this year team. The team has showed no improvement. We have a poorly built team, no meat, muscle or inside presence, no outside shooters that will spread the court.

Maybe these freshman will mature over the off season and we will right the ship and we will sail of into better days.

if we don't win at least 18 games next year, he's needs to go.

Your post would make some sense (ok, no it wouldn't, but I would give you a C+ for trying) if Tim was beating teams outside of the big 10. Tim is .488 against teams outside the Big 10. That stat alone blows your theory out of the water!

and to the rest of your post.. All I can say is that it is probably the silliest post I have read!

The 1994 hoops team would like to show you there conference championship trophy when you have the time.

The 1994 hoops team would like to show you there conference championship trophy when you have the time.

Not to mention that they were 27-5 and an #3 seed in the tournament in 1992 to go with a top 10-15 ranking. It can work here, it just takes time to get the talent here. Good thing that in Basketball it shouldn't take as long as it does to fix a football team. The problem in basketball is getting them to stay more than two years once you get that kind of talent here.

Ask yourself this...if Miles was a jerk/dick/rough with the media...would he be on the super hot seat?

No, he wouldn't because to two factors.:

1) It's a football school

2) The program was in total disarray when he arrived. It is being built pretty much from scratch and that doesn't happen overnight.

Ask yourself this...if Miles was a jerk/dick/rough with the media...would he be on the super hot seat?

No, he wouldn't because to two factors.:

1) It's a football school

2) The program was in total disarray when he arrived. It is being built pretty much from scratch and that doesn't happen overnight.

The program was in disarray every year Doc was here and he managed to muster enough kids to play and even finished out with a better overall record. We had multiple new guys every single year under Doc, no chemistry ever. Who goes from NCAA tourney to bottom of B1G with the same exact team? Nebraska that's who, or else the only guy we lost (Leslee Smith) must have been superman. And the whole they are Freshman talk is irrelevant in basketball, it's a strong point in football. We got better recruits than we have ever had and they have not been playing like freshman. Every team in NCAA basketball plays freshman, hell half the time the top schools are playing practically ALL freshman. Yes there is a difference in top 10 talent, but two top 150 kids that have produced this year along with a few others do not make our problems due to "freshman."