American authoritarianism

My biggest fear of a Trump administration,

The dude is so cocky he's going to set himself for an assassition attempt, if someone does succeed at this (and as much as I dislike him, I hope it doesn't happen) if the assassin is a minority we will have some scary race tentions.

I wouldn't worry. He can just build a wall around Washington D.C. And never leave it. That way if anything bad happens it will be done by a White person.

The dude is so cocky he's going to set himself for an assassition attempt, if someone does succeed at this (and as much as I dislike him, I hope it doesn't happen) if the assassin is a minority we will have some scary race tentions.

I wouldn't worry. He can just build a wall around Washington D.C. And never leave it. That way if anything bad happens it will be done by a White person.

Whites only account for 38% of the actual population of Washington DC.

https://suburbanstats.org/population/how-many-people-live-in-washington-dc

• Fire 1

+1, he will probably have mexico pay for that wall too.

If you go to the "hope that helps" Facebook page they've been impersonating Trump, and have done some amazing trolling.

Kick the 62% out out.

• Fire 1

Kick the 62% out out.

"Either we've got a country [of white people] or we don't. Either we've got borders [for people of color] are we don't."

What I hear every time he talks about his wall.

• Fire 1

I am a firm believer that we have to have borders and enforce them. However, I don't agree with the racist tone towards a hatred for anyone who might possibly be illegal and the belief that they are the cause of all of our problems in the country.

There is a realistic medium to this issue just like all the rest.

But...of course....that view wouldn't garner any votes for anyone.

• Fire 2

"Either we've got a country [of white people] or we don't. Either we've got borders [for people of color] are we don't."

Well then, that's on you. Some people hear what they want to hear, rather than try to listen.

My big question: Why do both parties make it so easy for anyone to come here illegally, and so hard for them to come here legally? My guess is that both parties, for differing reasons, want these people in limbo.

Well then, that's on you. Some people hear what they want to hear, rather than try to listen.

My big question: Why do both parties make it so easy for anyone to come here illegally, and so hard for them to come here legally? My guess is that both parties, for differing reasons, want these people in limbo.

THAT is very true.

Both parties have absolutely no desire nor motivation to actually fix the problem so these people are not caught in limbo.

Hey, welcome to the party. I scoped out Mein Trumpf as a fascist months ago, with substantive pushback on the Board here, of course. "Corno, what are you smoking?!" and the like. If it makes y'all feel better to call him "authoritarian", well, I covered that too. The guy--and his Brown Shirts and minions--are already creating havoc on the Mur'can scene, and he hasn't even been nominated yet. I told ya so. The Pubs hate him, trying to stop him--yeah, I told ya so. At this point, like Hitler, or whoever, he's basically got his own party going on, The Trumpf Lion Party, it appears. Stole it from Mussolini("Il Duce"), the guy he often quotes. I still don't think he can beat Hillary, and I hope and pray he doesn't...

ilduce.jpg?w=620&h=335&crop=1

trump-lion_zpsyd7yrmjg.jpg

• Fire 1
I think it's a combination of the way you say things, corno, and the fact that few people in the country took seriously the idea that Trump had actually activated a serious force in the electorate that deserved attention.

On that, we've had to eat crow.