Hail Varsity: Attention to Detail - "We had probably the best winter since I've been here."

Not ragging on anything here but the part that stood out to me was the fact that TA got 6 out of 10 questions right? :blink:

I find this quiz statistic slightly misleading without the full context of the test and exactly what was being asked. I understand the general idea of what he was being questioned about, but without knowing the format, the time he's given to answer each question, and other variables, I don't really know how to take this result without immediately jumping to the conclusion of 'man, that's not good.'

Maybe that's the proper conclusion, though. 6/10 obviously isn't great.

Exactly....

Without knowing what was being tested, it's pretty worthless to get worked up about.

The obvious example would be...Is this over stuff they worked on all year last year? OR, is it over new stuff they are installing this year?

If it's new stuff, I'm not surprised or alarmed that on the first week of Spring camp he scored a 6 out of 10. In fact, it may be pretty good.

Not ragging on anything here but the part that stood out to me was the fact that TA got 6 out of 10 questions right? :blink:

I find this quiz statistic slightly misleading without the full context of the test and exactly what was being asked. I understand the general idea of what he was being questioned about, but without knowing the format, the time he's given to answer each question, and other variables, I don't really know how to take this result without immediately jumping to the conclusion of 'man, that's not good.'

Exactly....

Without knowing what was being tested, it's pretty worthless to get worked up about.

The obvious example would be...Is this over stuff they worked on all year last year? OR, is it over new stuff they are installing this year?

If it's new stuff, I'm not surprised or alarmed that on the first week of Spring camp he scored a 6 out of 10. In fact, it may be pretty good.

Probably different now, but? I suspect it is a situation test where he was given specifics and he needed to describe what he sees, who or what he is basing his reads on and options in the proper progression? Who knows what they use now days, could be "Play Station or X-box simulation" :dunno

or;

It could be like others are thinking, knowing the calls from the sidelines?

Not trying to read too much into it, just the fact that 60% is normally a number that conjures up less than favorable results.

Exactly....

Probably different now, but? I suspect it is a situation test where he was given specifics and he needed to describe what he sees, who or what he is basing his reads on and options in the proper progression? Who knows what they use now days, could be "Play Station or X-box simulation" :dunno

or;

Not trying to read too much into it, just the fact that 60% is normally a number that conjures up less than favorable results.

On basically the first day of Spring camp.

The bolded word above is very important in your post. Nobody knows what the test was. So...no real way of judging the results.

What if it's something totally new and it's pretty dang impressive that he has picked it up enough in a short time to get a 60%?

• Fire 1

Exactly....

or;

On basically the first day of Spring camp.

The bolded word above is very important in your post. Nobody knows what the test was. So...no real way of judging the results.

What if it's something totally new and it's pretty dang impressive that he has picked it up enough in a short time to get a 60%?

I think it looks like this:

1. Your 1st read is covered on this play what should you do?

Throw the ball to whoever is running the deep route! TD Baby!

2. Your 2nd read is also covered and you are getting pressure what should you do?

Throw the ball as far as I can off my back foot.

3. All routes seem to be covered but there is a RB in the flat. What should you do?

Throw the ball to whoever is running the deep route! TD Baby!

• Fire 1

I guess I don't understand what everyone wants them to say. They have a press conference and have to say something and have to be all glitter and unicorns. What do you expect? I am always amazed at how many read so much into what is being said by a coach and player for this football team.

Wow. Tons of sarcasm in this thread. It's the offseason. The time when all fan bases refill the ole Kool-Aid pitcher.

Exactly. Nebraska will be undefeated going into the Spring game, and all Huskers are well above average and brimming with potential...and those kids can run!