OU to B1G? Media Friend Says There Are Talks

I would honestly have no problem with that had we not completely sh#t the bed against ISU in 09.

Though said bed s******g was better than what Texass did versus 'Bama that year.

It's our fault Colt basically hobbled into that game to get finished off.

#MoralVictory

But do we go back and add all of the divisional titles we have won then?

This is only allowed if our name starts with Texas, and ends with A&M.

I don't want to claim titles that never existed

Divisional titles were real and even had trophies--hell, wasn't there a kerfuffle about Beebe not coming to Lincoln to hand us our last Divisional trophy in person like he did for the other Big XII schools at the time?

Beebe was "afraid for his safety", may have been a legit concern.

A&M claims at least one or two conference titles that are totally bogus, one from like a season or two ago.

Like their 97 conference championship lololololol

image.jpeg

• Fire 3

Maybe it's a good thing that we didn't go to the B1G with A&M then...

Well when you are that hard up for a new title you can claim division titles as conference championships!

I just congratulated my A&M alum co-worker on their 1997 and 2010 Football Conference Championships.

I got a lot of embarrassment and apologies in response.

• Fire 2

• 1 month later...

I know I don't post much, and rarely contribute to rumors, BUT:

As some of you may recall, or notice from searching my post history, I work in media, specifically geared toward broadcast radio and television. I worked in the Omaha market for most of the 90's and still have many friends in Omaha and scattered in media around the country. I am currently in the Tampa Bay area.

One of those old media friends is a fellow in Chicago. I'll be short on details, as I was warned to keep him anonymous, but here's what little I got:

The B1G and OU are in fact talking about OU moving to our conference. I know that isn't much of a surprise. I don't have any actually surprising info. But this was a confirmation of something we all suspected and I thought it was worthwhile to verify it, inasmuch as I can. My friend is also a longtime media veteran in the sports broadcast world. He's not a guy anyone would know, more of a behind the scenes person in the executive area of broadcast.

He does not know anything more, really. No dates, no prophecies, no legal crap. Just that they are talking about moving to the B1G.

Take it for what it's worth.

The odds of this happening are about the same as... well... the odds that I'd have thought Nebraska would join the Big 10 had you asked me in 2009.

There is no doubt if the B1G chooses to expand that it will look East. Especially at UConn. Hartford is the 30th largest TV market in the country. That's bigger than K.C., I believe.

And nobody in Hartford watches UCONN football. Nebraska probably has about the same number of football fans in Hartford as UCONN does.

There is no doubt if the B1G chooses to expand that it will look East. Especially at UConn. Hartford is the 30th largest TV market in the country. That's bigger than K.C., I believe.

And nobody in Hartford watches UCONN football. Nebraska probably has about the same number of football fans in Hartford as UCONN does.

UCONN may not have a large football following, but basketball is huge there. They have more BB fans than Maryland and Rutgers football fans combined.