Seems ok. Apparently you can access this without a PS4? I would hope so because when your cable box goes bad you can swap it out. Obviously you can't ask Sony to swap out your bad PS4.

It works via amazon fire, playstation 4, and there's a ios/android app I believe.

That's good news. I've never used amazon fire before but as a Comcast customer here in Chicago I do know that I'm really tired of paying what I do. Their customer service is a whole other really bad story. At the same time...I need my sport channels, my Big 10 channel and I do like my HD channels.

Still knowing that I don't have to use my PS4 to watch these channels makes this more intriguing for someone like me.

In case anyone is interested, I tested out the service today. Works great, even has the FS Regional channels. Buh-bye U-Verse.

Where are you located? More than one regional channel or just your region?

Located in Dallas, so I only get FSSW. They also have the Fox Sports College channels, which I didn't know existed. I will say, i wish I still had FSSW+ as the Stars broadcast tend to end up there whenever the Mavs are playing.

• 5 months later...

Necrobump. Bringing it back from the dead!

Seriously thinking of trying out Vue now instead of signing up with Charter. They want $71 a month for the channels we want and two DVRs, to be jacked up to whatever they want after the first year. Vue is only $45 for essentially the same channels and DVR functionality.

My dilemma though: What to do during football season? BTN is included with Vue, but I already had access to that. I'm more concerned about broadcast networks, since here in central Nebraska they only have NBC, ABC, and Fox On Demand instead of live. Missing out on those live (and CBS) will put a major dent in both the college and NFL schedule.

What does anybody else using Vue planning to do during football season? I'm thinking my best bet if they games aren't accessible at all anywhere on view is to try an OTA antenna to pick up DTV broadcast channels and get the games that way.

Ideas?

Well in Dallas, we unfortunately don't get ABC on vue. However, I'll just use the WatchESPN app on my Amazon FIre TV for those games. One thing I will note is that, with this being an internet based cable provider just remember that the games will lag real time. What I mean by that is that if you have ESPN updates through your phone, or are in a group chat with buddies, you'll get notified of a scoring play about 20 seconds earlier than when you see it on Vue. Annoying, but can live with it.

Yeah, I agree HF. That is not a deal breaker for me either.

I'm moreso concerned with picking up the local NFL games (and I suppose the rest of the NCAA games in the afternoon/evening) on the broadcast channels. I know for sure the local NFL games will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket for me.

Do you think supplementing with an antenna is a good solution? That way we could get the games more or less in real time and not have to worry about not getting them through Vue...

Seriously thinking of trying out Vue now instead of signing up with Charter. They want $71 a month for the channels we want and two DVRs, to be jacked up to whatever they want after the first year. Vue is only $45 for essentially the same channels and DVR functionality.

My dilemma though: What to do during football season? BTN is included with Vue, but I already had access to that. I'm more concerned about broadcast networks, since here in central Nebraska they only have NBC, ABC, and Fox On Demand instead of live. Missing out on those live (and CBS) will put a major dent in both the college and NFL schedule.

What does anybody else using Vue planning to do during football season? I'm thinking my best bet if they games aren't accessible at all anywhere on view is to try an OTA antenna to pick up DTV broadcast channels and get the games that way.

Ideas?

This is what most people do. You'll be surprised at the range of the OTA signals for HD. It's quite good.

Ideas?

I did the antenna for the local channels. I like Vue so far.

I hope it doesn't test my sanity on Saturday. It will be the first time I've watched a Huskers game on it.

Interested to see as well, as the live events (hockey) this spring were of pretty good quality but did have random spurts of lagging. I made sure I have plenty of capability with regards to my U-Verse internet, but still halfway expecting some lag issues.

I hope it doesn't test my sanity on Saturday. It will be the first time I've watched a Huskers game on it.

Interested to see as well, as the live events (hockey) this spring were of pretty good quality but did have random spurts of lagging. I made sure I have plenty of capability with regards to my U-Verse internet, but still halfway expecting some lag issues.

I know I've used BTN2Go before to watch Husker games and it is hit and miss. I occasionally hit some rough patches with the video getting awful and choppy, but it was generally good and a refresh usually fixed that problem altogether.

It was weird, it wasn't a buffering problem, the video just got really pixelated and horrible It was probably just a bandwidth problem.

Hoping it works well.