Transfers

from the link..

Gilmore started 18 games and appeared in 55 total for the Rams, but never carved out more than a marginal role, averaging 11.5 minutes per game as a sophomore after 6.3 his freshman season. He averaged 3.2 points and 2.8 rebounds per game this past year as he saw his role dwindle down the stretch for the Rams.

he is 6' 10" 210 lbs, and is a forward.. sound familiar?

• Fire 1

That is a decent pick up.. but once again, he picks up a player that isn't a BIG man.

Recruit: "Hey, coach Miles I am a 5 star basketball player and am interested in Nebraska"

Miles: "How tall are you"

Recruit: "Excuse me, coach?"

Miles: "HOW TALL ARE YOU!?!?!"

Recruit: "Coach, I am 6'2"

Miles: "Do you have any teammates who are taller"

Recruit: "Ummm... well Sergj is 7'0, but he is our towel boy"

Miles: "Give me his number and dont ever call me again short stack... I am not allowed to recruit anyone who isnt a big man"

This is the silly post.. The most important get for us is a big man, and it should be the TOP priority. I think most understand that!

I think you are missing my point.

Miles is still recruiting big men, but he isnt going to stop recruiting other top talent that is interested in Nebraska.

He will save at least 1-2 spots for a big, hence the reason we have had an extra Schollie the last few years. If he only recruited bigs we wouldnt have White or Gill..

• Fire 1

That is a decent pick up.. but once again, he picks up a player that isn't a BIG man.

Recruit: "Hey, coach Miles I am a 5 star basketball player and am interested in Nebraska"

Miles: "How tall are you"

Recruit: "Excuse me, coach?"

Miles: "HOW TALL ARE YOU!?!?!"

Recruit: "Coach, I am 6'2"

Miles: "Do you have any teammates who are taller"

Recruit: "Ummm... well Sergj is 7'0, but he is our towel boy"

Miles: "Give me his number and dont ever call me again short stack... I am not allowed to recruit anyone who isnt a big man"

This is the silly post.. The most important get for us is a big man, and it should be the TOP priority. I think most understand that!

I think you are missing my point.

Miles is still recruiting big men, but he isnt going to stop recruiting other top talent that is interested in Nebraska.

He will save at least 1-2 spots for a big, hence the reason we have had an extra Schollie the last few years. If he only recruited bigs we wouldnt have White or Gill..

No, I didn't miss the point, and we hashed this out above! See post #43!

You are the one who misunderstood my original post!

• Fire 1

Since some of us aren't at your level - can you tell us your point?

lol, someone is a bit touchy when others don't agree with him. You didn't quote anyone with this post, but I assume you are talking to me.

If you can't handle viewpoints that are not 100% glowing of Tim Miles maybe you shouldn't post... just a thought. I have not gone after anyone elses viewpoint with the same attitude others on here are doing. I disagree and explain why, instead of snarky crap.

Anyway, I clearly explained what I meant in post 43. I'm sorry you would rather continue this silliness instead of just reading what has been said so far.

I have make no excuses for how Tim has performed up to this point.. it hasn't been good and has been on-par with how he has done at other schools (over his coaching career at each school, not just cheery picking a year here and there).

• Fire 1

lol, someone is a bit touchy when others don't agree with him. You didn't quote anyone with this post, but I assume you are talking to me.

If you can't handle viewpoints that are not 100% glowing of Tim Miles maybe you shouldn't post... just a thought. I have not gone after anyone elses viewpoint with the same attitude others on here are doing. I disagree and explain why, instead of snarky crap.

Anyway, I clearly explained what I meant in post 43. I'm sorry you would rather continue this silliness instead of just reading what has been said so far.

I have make no excuses for how Tim has performed up to this point.. it hasn't been good and has been on-par with how he has done at other schools (over his coaching career at each school, not just cheery picking a year here and there).

My post was in regards to the bold portion of that post: "You are the one who misunderstood my original post!"

I took the conversation as there being a misunderstanding and I was simply asking what the "original post" was - if it came across as ​snarky that wasn't the intentions (just a simple recap in different words so all could understand and relief the confusion between the two of you.

There was nothing in my post that said I disagree - on this topic, I have stated the point several times that it is odd that Miles hasn't done better at the big man position. I have also listed some reasons why I think this may be happening, but again on more than one occasion I have mentioned that it is odd that he has failed there.

Didn't think I needed to hit the quote button since I was replying to the most recent post - most times I save the quote button for when i'm catching up and replying to something that is further up the line.

Not sure how you can say that Miles track record at other schools hasn't been good. He has taken each program from the dumpster to making them respectable. He is now at a team that has 0 victories in the NCAA tournament and seems to be putting BETTER pieces together then any coach before him (minus the big man). Pretty sure everybody on this board agrees that he isn't going to have much success in the Big Ten if his best big player is under 6 9 or 225 pounds.

My post was in regards to the bold portion of that post: "You are the one who misunderstood my original post!"

I took the conversation as there being a misunderstanding and I was simply asking what the "original post" was - if it came across as ​snarky that wasn't the intentions (just a simple recap in different words so all could understand and relief the confusion between the two of you.

There was nothing in my post that said I disagree - on this topic, I have stated the point several times that it is odd that Miles hasn't done better at the big man position. I have also listed some reasons why I think this may be happening, but again on more than one occasion I have mentioned that it is odd that he has failed there.

Didn't think I needed to hit the quote button since I was replying to the most recent post - most times I save the quote button for when i'm catching up and replying to something that is further up the line.

Not sure how you can say that Miles track record at other schools hasn't been good. He has taken each program from the dumpster to making them respectable. He is now at a team that has 0 victories in the NCAA tournament and seems to be putting BETTER pieces together then any coach before him (minus the big man). Pretty sure everybody on this board agrees that he isn't going to have much success in the Big Ten if his best big player is under 6 9 or 225 pounds.

Hey, if you won't stand behind what you posted then that is on you. Also, if you don't disagree then why are you wanting to argue about it?

Since some of us aren't at your level

you can claim that isn't snarky all you want, but it is.

Lets discuss this part of your post..

He has taken each program from the dumpster to making them respectable.

Trust me, I have gone over every team he coached and I have also checked out what they have done since he left. There is a reason why Miles is < .600 as a coach at every school.

So, which school would you like to talk about? I believe it was his first school, but one of them I can't go back to check out because records don't go back far enough.

EDIT: CSU - his first year he was 7-25, the year before he got there they were 17-13 the year before that they were 18-15, the year before that 11-17 and the year before that.. 13-16, not a dumpster fire but not great. Tim had 1 year that was considerable better that their previous records.

he left after that one good year, and the very next year they were right back to the same. One good year

North Dakota State - I can't go back far enough on this one.. The very next year after he left they were 15-30, that could be because of Tim leaving or it could be because he had a senior laden team, I believe that latter! year two after he left 16-28, year three after Tim left 22-30.

If he made them respectable then why did they return back to their previous records the very first year after he left, that tends to mean a senior laden team.

This already ruins your "made every school respectable" statement.

EDIT # 2 - SW Minnesota State - This team was not good for a number of years BUT two years before Tim got there they were 18-9 then next year 13-14. Tim put up back to back 16-11 years, then 18-10 and after his very good year they put up another good year, then started back down. What would have happen if he had stayed.. not sure and can't be debated. This was a decent job, but we don't know if it was because of Tim's coaching or just a good job of recruiting.

• Fire 1

Hey, if you won't stand behind what you posted then that is on you. Also, if you don't disagree then why are you wanting to argue about it?

Trust me, I have gone over every team he coached and I have also checked out what they have done since he left. There is a reason why Miles is < .600 as a coach at every school.

So, which school would you like to talk about? I believe it was his first school, but one of them I can't go back to check out because records don't go back far enough.

EDIT: CSU - his first year he was 7-25, the year before he got there they were 17-13 the year before that they were 18-15, the year before that 11-17 and the year before that.. 13-16, not a dumpster fire but not great. Tim had 1 year that was considerable better that their previous records.

he left after that one good year, and the very next year they were right back to the same. One good year

North Dakota State - I can't go back far enough on this one.. The very next year after he left they were 15-30, that could be because of Tim leaving or it could be because he had a senior laden team, I believe that latter! year two after he left 16-28, year three after Tim left 22-30.

If he made them respectable then why did they return back to their previous records the very first year after he left, that tends to mean a senior laden team.

EDIT # 2 - SW Minnesota State - This team was not good for a number of years BUT two years before Tim got there they were 18-9 then next year 13-14. Tim put up back to back 16-11 years, then 18-10 and after his very good year they put up another good year, then started back down. What would have happen if he had stayed.. not sure and can't be debated. This was a decent job, but we don't know if it was because of Tim's coaching or just a good job of recruiting.

Back to my point no where in that post of 8-10 words did I disagree. I asked for clarification, obviously not in the best manner - according to you (which is fine).

You follow with about 150 words going in 6 directions. When a coach leaves there are many factors about why a record can go down or stay the same or improve. Not going to get into that because the discussion wasn't directed there and I can see that we don't see this similarly.

seems to be putting BETTER pieces together then any coach before him (minus the big man).

I'm not sure how old you are so maybe you don't remember but Danny Nee did a better job. It's no contest..............yet.

I sat in the Devaney many times and watched Danny Nee coach.

By pieces I meant players. Since most of Miles players are young I can only go on rankings because most players show their true colors as upperclassmen (which Miles highly rated players are not yet sniffing their junior year.

Danny coached many good players however never many at the same time. so based on this you are right it is no contest Miles > Nee. Now if you were thinking "pieces" lead to records - Danny has had better success there.

I know we are missing a big man - however I believe Miles had 4/5 top 150 players on this roster and will have 5/6 next year. Please give me an example were Danny was even close to this. He also had the luxury of having some in state talent during those years that helped out.

Hope you had fun playing with the font and bold there!!! - not sure what that was about.

Back to my point no where in that post of 8-10 words did I disagree. I asked for clarification, obviously not in the best manner - according to you (which is fine).

You follow with about 150 words going in 6 directions. When a coach leaves there are many factors about why a record can go down or stay the same or improve. Not going to get into that because the discussion wasn't directed there and I can see that we don't see this similarly.

6 directions? Just the direction you took it with your last post and it was a direct response to your post about how great Tim has done. I understand if you didn't really intend to debate how good/bad he has done, but don't try to down play it now. if you actually read what I said, I said it could be because of Tim or another reason, I said I believe the latter.

Why would you complain about how many words I used when in this quote of yours it was longer one, too? just trying to find something to fling crap at, hoping it sticks?

see bold.. one direction! You brought it up, not me.. You continued with this nonsense about my original post, and it has backfired.

Can we be done now?

• Fire 1

seems to be putting BETTER pieces together then any coach before him (minus the big man).

I'm not sure how old you are so maybe you don't remember but Danny Nee did a better job. It's no contest..............yet.

I sat in the Devaney many times and watched Danny Nee coach.

By pieces I meant players. Since most of Miles players are young I can only go on rankings because most players show their true colors as upperclassmen (which Miles highly rated players are not yet sniffing their junior year.

Danny coached many good players however never many at the same time. so based on this you are right it is no contest Miles > Nee. Now if you were thinking "pieces" lead to records - Danny has had better success there.

I know we are missing a big man - however I believe Miles had 4/5 top 150 players on this roster and will have 5/6 next year. Please give me an example were Danny was even close to this. He also had the luxury of having some in state talent during those years that helped out.

Hope you had fun playing with the font and bold there!!! - not sure what that was about.

Danny Nee has recruited and coached better players than Miles ever has. Period.

And it doesn't matter if Miles has 12/12 top 150 players if they all are the same size and basically play the same position. Miles basically has a PG and 11 or so small forwards. Not going to get much done with that.

I like Miles. He seems to be a guy that people like. But that isn't translating into wins.

Edit: Current roster not including the latest transfer:

6 players between 6'-7" and 6'-8"

2 players between 6'-3" and 6'-4"

2 players between 6'-0" and 6'-1"

This is laughable if you think because 4-6 of them are 150 players he can win enough games to even sniff the NIT.

• Fire 3