Yori Resigns Amid Investigation

Natalie Romeo denies Yori allegations, gets permission to transfer; another Husker looking at schools

“None of the allegations are true,” Romeo said. “Coach Yori is one of the best coaches I ever played for.” Romeo said she never witnessed players being treated poorly by Yori or her staff. Practices this season, Romeo said, were “extremely, ridiculously easy” — far easier than they had been in a previous year. Frustrations over small, inconsequential things — such as being disciplined for not hustling in practice — bloomed into full-blown complaints. “It just started as small talk, and it grew and grew from there,” Romeo said. “It was an issue of immaturity on the team. It wasn’t an issue with the coaches.”
  • Fire 1

Natalie Romeo denies Yori allegations, gets permission to transfer; another Husker looking at schools

“None of the allegations are true,” Romeo said. “Coach Yori is one of the best coaches I ever played for.” [/size]Romeo said she never witnessed players being treated poorly by Yori or her staff. [/size]Practices this season, Romeo said, were “extremely, ridiculously easy” — far easier than they had been in a previous year. Frustrations over small, inconsequential things — such as being disciplined for not hustling in practice — bloomed into full-blown complaints. [/size]“It just started as small talk, and it grew and grew from there,” Romeo said. “It was an issue of immaturity on the team. It wasn’t an issue with the coaches.”[/size]

Yep...and like I posted before that a practice player that I know said the same exact thing...looks like SE was on a hunt...

“None of the allegations are true,” Romeo said. “Coach Yori is one of the best coaches I ever played for.” [/size]Romeo said she never witnessed players being treated poorly by Yori or her staff. [/size]Practices this season, Romeo said, were “extremely, ridiculously easy” — far easier than they had been in a previous year. Frustrations over small, inconsequential things — such as being disciplined for not hustling in practice — bloomed into full-blown complaints. [/size]“It just started as small talk, and it grew and grew from there,” Romeo said. “It was an issue of immaturity on the team. It wasn’t an issue with the coaches.”[/size]

Yep...and like I posted before that a practice player that I know said the same exact thing...looks like SE was on a hunt...

Doesn't he know that if 10 players and a couple assistant coaches bring those allegations up he is suppose to sweep it under the rug! hide and deny those allegations so it can come up later in the papers and really cast a bad light on the husker program.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, as with most things. Some entitlement and some poorly handled treatment. Too much smoke for no fire. SE did what he had to. Grownups have to make unpopular decisions sometimes.

They should also try making the right ones.

I'm going to assume SE had just a tad more information on what was happening than you or I in trying to make the right decision for NU

• Fire 1

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, as with most things. Some entitlement and some poorly handled treatment. Too much smoke for no fire. SE did what he had to. Grownups have to make unpopular decisions sometimes.

I'm going to assume SE had just a tad more information on what was happening than you or I in trying to make the right decision for NU

And probably more misinformation too.

Literally every person that has come out publicly in defense of Yori has only done so in regards to her being too tough or a bully and dispelling those as incorrect.

Nobody, damningly so, has come out denying the claims of her asking people to falsely testify on her behalf in her custody battle through her divorce. She could be the sweetest, most chill coach on the planet - if she even hinted towards a single person to lie on her behalf in a legal battle, she had to be gone, and she is. It's Eichorst's job to protect the university against stuff like this blowing up in our faces - having good people make the right decisions in situations like these is what has left our program free of any major scandals or corruptions, because this stuff festers if it's not dealt with.

• Fire 1