ESPN: Nebraska's recruiting success in California is only getting started

I don't have a rivals account but it appears to me that we have one, maybe two recruiting targets in 16/17. It kinda of figures with coaching staff the emphasis is in California. I hate to not keep a moderate presence in Texas due to the amount of talent per capita there. Maybe I'm wrong and please correct me.

You recruit where there is interest, and because of KJJ and TG in every California recruit's ear, a lot of them express interest. I'm not sure how many Texas recruits have shown interest this year, and if we have a gravy train in Cali this year, might as well ride it for all it's worth.

I don't have a rivals account but it appears to me that we have one, maybe two recruiting targets in 16/17. It kinda of figures with coaching staff the emphasis is in California. I hate to not keep a moderate presence in Texas due to the amount of talent per capita there. Maybe I'm wrong and please correct me.

No rivals account required, a simple recruit search using Sport: Football; Year: 2017; Show only: offered; Interest: Nebraska; State: Texas, lists 24 offers.

You recruit where there is interest, and because of KJJ and TG in every California recruit's ear, a lot of them express interest. I'm not sure how many Texas recruits have shown interest this year, and if we have a gravy train in Cali this year, might as well ride it for all it's worth.

it seems like Florida is still an active recruiting bed so that's good. But as we all know, things change dramatically in a a few years and I would like to see some genuine ties in Texas maintained. Eggs ina basket theory.

it seems like Florida is still an active recruiting bed so that's good. But as we all know, things change dramatically in a a few years and I would like to see some genuine ties in Texas maintained. Eggs ina basket theory.
I believe Bray has connections in Texas, so we do have some in-roads already there. Sometimes, the fish just don't bite.

someone posted earlier in this thread that we have 24 offers to texas players. isn't that enough to avoid the all the eggs in 1 basket theory?

someone posted earlier in this thread that we have 24 offers to texas players. isn't that enough to avoid the all the eggs in 1 basket theory?

Some people just need stuff to complain about, take Harvey Perlman for instance. According to some that man can't do anything right. :)

I couldn't confirm the 24 offers out. For 2017 according to 247 sports 4/7 of our top targets are from Ca. And 10/34 high choice recruits are from Ca. 7/34 high interest are from Texas. I forgot that Bray has maintained some Texas ties but it appears to me to be a significant regional shift.