Kevin WIlliams interview

how anyone is still defending kevin williams after his tweets is just crazy to me. you can say jp deserved it, but that's being hypocritical. there should be no place for that kind of talk.

everyone needs to just move on. let it go. if you don't think he was taking parting shots at the school and the current staff in his interview, that's fine. at the very least, those tweets should show you the kind of person he is. and that has nothing to do with what JP has ever said or done.

Bottomline, he's gone, thankfully. goodbye. surely there are better things about nebraska football to discuss than this.

It comes from a lack of respect of your elders, and the ones who came before you.

How could a kid every think it was appropriate to speak to any person the way KW did to Jason.

The Bo players were cultivated to be very weak minded, and have no filter to asses their feelings in a constructive manner. Kenny calling out Epley's testing methods,,, Ok guess what KB Boyd built the body's of 5 national championship teams, The only damn record that anyone should care about. Hey KW, Peter like all humans has tribulations... Ok great glad to know you don't strive to succumb to drug addiction. But guess what JP gave his heart and soul to something bigger than himself. JP's strenuous efforts for his teams led him to injuries which led him to prescription drugs.

People really need to stop the incipient insults of Mike Riley's coaching ability... Far too early to judge how Riley's tenure will end up. I can say this, those Bo teams were weak after the Callahan recruits had been exhausted. It was embarrassing to see one RB run for 400+ yards on a defense. It was embarrassing getting stomped on by Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Those loses derived from a weak minded mentality. Those players could not handle any sort of adversity in a constructive manner. Just like Bo couldn't handle adversity.

I got a hint for all the former Bo players. Real men to cry, real men don't blame other people, real men don't play for themselves, real men don't call others names.

Bo was the complete opposite of what my father taught me about being a man. A man doesn't insult other people.

• Fire 1

JP makes an indirect but obvious dig at the DL (not just KW), attacking their manhood, heart and calling them pretenders.

I don't think that warranted a respectful response, regardless of whether he's an elder.

The better course would have been for all of them to stay off of Twitter.

• Fire 1

how anyone is still defending kevin williams after his tweets is just crazy to me. you can say jp deserved it, but that's being hypocritical. there should be no place for that kind of talk.

everyone needs to just move on. let it go. if you don't think he was taking parting shots at the school and the current staff in his interview, that's fine. at the very least, those tweets should show you the kind of person he is. and that has nothing to do with what JP has ever said or done.

Bottomline, he's gone, thankfully. goodbye. surely there are better things about nebraska football to discuss than this.

It comes from a lack of respect of your elders, and the ones who came before you.

How could a kid every think it was appropriate to speak to any person the way KW did to Jason.

The Bo players were cultivated to be very weak minded, and have no filter to asses their feelings in a constructive manner. Kenny calling out Epley's testing methods,,, Ok guess what KB Boyd built the body's of 5 national championship teams, The only damn record that anyone should care about. Hey KW, Peter like all humans has tribulations... Ok great glad to know you don't strive to succumb to drug addiction. But guess what JP gave his heart and soul to something bigger than himself. JP's strenuous efforts for his teams led him to injuries which led him to prescription drugs.

People really need to stop the incipient insults of Mike Riley's coaching ability... Far too early to judge how Riley's tenure will end up. I can say this, those Bo teams were weak after the Callahan recruits had been exhausted. It was embarrassing to see one RB run for 400+ yards on a defense. It was embarrassing getting stomped on by Wisconsin, and Ohio State. Those loses derived from a weak minded mentality. Those players could not handle any sort of adversity in a constructive manner. Just like Bo couldn't handle adversity.

I got a hint for all the former Bo players. Real men to cry, real men don't blame other people, real men don't play for themselves, real men don't call others names.

Bo was the complete opposite of what my father taught me about being a man. A man doesn't insult other people.

Wait...didn't you just insult Bo and all his players? You said "all the former Bo players" and you said all of them cried, blamed others, played for themselves and called other names...

Anyone who is personally embarrassed by a football team they aren't on needs their heads examined.

What does that even mean? little ambiguous.

why do you always try to draw parallels to situations that don't necessarily coincide? If you are out there rubbing in peoples faces that you are so great, than you are obviously trying to prove to yourself that you are better than what you think. JP had a right to defend his Alma mater. I have every right to be embarrassed about those Bo teams. It was awful seeing Voldermort running down the sideline screaming and cussing, and watching his players give up. Yea that's embarrassing to call myself a supporter of that.

Wait...didn't you just insult Bo and all his players? You said "all the former Bo players" and you said all of them cried, blamed others, played for themselves and called other names...

That was not an insult, that was the the consensus among the majority of people of how Bo and his team carried itself.

You have every right to be embarrassed. It's just super odd.

If 1989 is your birth year, I think you'll grow out of it, though.

One thing, and then I won't reply to the greater Bo debate, you can say a lot about Bo and his players, but there wasn't much, if any, give up in them.

I wish people would just defer to Coach Riley and his opinion of Bo and what Bo and his players did here.

• Fire 1

That was not an insult, that was the the consensus among the majority of people of how Bo and his team carried itself.
It's consensus that JP was a drug addled NFL bust.

Doesn't mean that calling him out like that on Twitter isn't insulting (not to mention an unfairly shallow assessment of him and the situation).

• Fire 1

One thing, and then I won't reply, you can say a lot about Bo and his players, but there wasn't much, if any, give up in them.

I wish people would just defer to Coach Riley and his opinion of Bo and what Bo and his players did here.

HAHHAHA no giving up really? How in the world did Melvin Gordon run for 400 yards on a team that did not give up?

How did Wisconsin score 70 points in a championship team on a team that did not give up?

how about the stomping in Madison, and Ohio State?

How would you know what coach Riley thinks of Bo?

Fair enough! I thought that Rex and AA and Baker and David carried themselves pretty well but thanks for the clarification. And I appreciate the clarification on what an insult is...if majority of people think it is true...it is not an insult.

• Fire 1

I think it's funny how people think it's great when Jason Peter slams a former Husker player(s) because they were recruited by Bo and everything Bo did was "bad". Yet, when Benning questions what Langsdorf is doing on offense, Benning is slammed and say that he doesn't know anything and there are posts like "what has Benning done in coaching".

Double-standard?

• Fire 2

One thing, and then I won't reply, you can say a lot about Bo and his players, but there wasn't much, if any, give up in them.

HAHHAHA no giving up really? How in the world did Melvin Gordon run for 400 yards on a team that did not give up?

How did Wisconsin score 70 points in a championship team on a team that did not give up?

how about the stomping in Madison, and Ohio State?

How would you know what coach Riley thinks of Bo?

Way too many people equate results with effort.

They gave up 400 yards because they were put in bad positions by their coaches, failed to make plays when they had a chance and coaches failed to adjust.

I watched the game. It wasn't a lack of effort. It was a lack of execution, which was mainly the coaches fault.

There are dozens of articles quoting what Riley thought of Bo, what Bo's team accomplished and what he inherited in terms of talent.

• Fire 1