Kevin WIlliams interview

As begrudging as it is to admit it, he does have a point. The SEC has had more players drafted the last 8 years than any of the Power 5 Conferences. The SEC label does carry weight at the next level.

The SEC led the nation's conferences in draft picks for the ninth consecutive year in 2015. The last time that the SEC did not top the conference draft list was in 2006, when the ACC had 52, the Big Ten had 41 and the SEC had 37. http://www.secsports.com/collection/12794214/sec-2015-nfl-draft

Disagree. The NFL does not care what conference you played in. They care about your skill, talent, etc. Carson Wentz didn't even play at an FBS program and he's projected to be a first rounder, perhaps even first overall pick.

The SEC has had more NFL draft picks in recent years because they've had more talent. End of story.

What would be more interesting is to see the distribution across rounds.

If the perception when grading tape is that playing in the SEC is tougher and demonstrated competence in that conference is perceived as more meaningful than in other conferences, then having tape from the SEC may be the difference between being a late rounder versus a FA.

We can have a separate debate about whether it's better to be a 6th round pick or have the flexibility of free agency, but that's for another thread.

Another topic is that we need to find ways to counter that perception of the SEC is the best "pro breeding grounds," whether it's true or not, because it hurts in the HS recruiting too.

The "good" thing is that Harbaugh and Urban will probably help the B10 as a whole just as Saban and his "we've had 835 guys drafted from Alabama since I've been here, so come be #836" recruiting pitch has bolstered the perception that the entire SEC is a better place to go if you want to be an NFLer.

• Fire 1

As begrudging as it is to admit it, he does have a point. The SEC has had more players drafted the last 8 years than any of the Power 5 Conferences. The SEC label does carry weight at the next level.

The SEC led the nation's conferences in draft picks for the ninth consecutive year in 2015. The last time that the SEC did not top the conference draft list was in 2006, when the ACC had 52, the Big Ten had 41 and the SEC had 37. http://www.secsports.com/collection/12794214/sec-2015-nfl-draft

SEC has had some very talented kids and there's a variety of reasons for that. One quick question, does that control for conference size? I feel like they had more teams up until recently, but I may be wrong about that.

No, I think that was just raw number based on number of drafted players by conference.

I don't think there is much mystery here. The DL didn't take well to Hughes. Almost all of the DL has left and Hughes was fired. The experience with Hughes soured them, and having a former coach from UK whispering in their ear isn't good either.

I am sad to see them go, and think it will effect our production significantly, but it is what it is. And FYI, he's not getting drafted irrespective of what team he ends up at.

Did McMullen and Williams also promise to take any of you to the prom and then back out at the last minute? Because that's the kind of vibe coming from some of these posts.

You have to understand the personal debt that these guys owe to nameless/faceless fans.

5 years, injuries and such simply isn't enough to repay the fans for everything they do.

I PAY FOR THOSE PLAYERS' SALARIES!!

• Fire 2

Could it be as simple as: be face 5 years of his college years to Nebraska and wants to play at a university that's a 4 hour drive from his hometown?

No. Obviously he isn't happy here and wanted out. He (at least in his head) had guaranteed PT here. That won't be the case anywhere else. Why wouldn't you just say that was the reason or not say anything at all if that was the reason? Instead he feels the need to go and flame the coaches and program. Clearly this was about more than playing time or location.

You obviously didn't listen to the interview.

No, I did.

Could it be as simple as: be face 5 years of his college years to Nebraska and wants to play at a university that's a 4 hour drive from his hometown?

No. Obviously he isn't happy here and wanted out. He (at least in his head) had guaranteed PT here. That won't be the case anywhere else. Why wouldn't you just say that was the reason or not say anything at all if that was the reason? Instead he feels the need to go and flame the coaches and program. Clearly this was about more than playing time or location.

No, I did.

I don't know how you could have listened to that and come away thinking he "flamed the coaches and program."

• Fire 1

No, I did.

I don't know how you could have listened to that and come away thinking he "flamed the coaches and program."

That's fine. I don't know how you could listen to that and seriously ask "Could it be as simple as: be face 5 years of his college years to Nebraska and wants to play at a university that's a 4 hour drive from his hometown?"

There was no point to doing that interview other than to stir sh#t up.

There was no point to doing that interview other than to stir sh#t up.

Maybe someone asked Williams if they could interview him and he just said okay, same as almost any other Husker player would do if they were asked. It's not like William called a press conference or read a statement. The interviewers asked questions, Williams answered them.

• Fire 4

Fans bitch when a player won't "face the fire" and explain himself. Then they bitch when a player does unless said player gives the answers they want to hear.

Starting to think maybe this isn't a player issue, but a fan issue.

I can see what Eichorst is adopting an "us against them" mentality based on his recent comments about the media and fans.

• Fire 3

Fans bitch when a player won't "face the fire" and explain himself. Then they bitch when a player does unless said player gives the answers they want to hear.

I can see what Eichorst is adopting an "us against them" mentality based on his recent comments about the media and fans.

keep building your molehills

keep building your molehills

So you think those of defending a guy's right to move on with his own life are downplaying a mountain into a molehill?

Interesting perspective "commando"

• Fire 1