Kevin WIlliams interview

6-7 is a decline in production over previous years.

Why do you post this way? Your argumentative/negative post percentage is way above the norm, probably actually the highest of all posters.

And you often try to seemingly win an argument with one line comments that clearly do not win the arguments that you pick.

Why do you do these things here? Often.

• Fire 6

Marketing?? Lol. Teams arent gonna market you when you're just average. Who does he think he is?

But he is probably right about Parella not knowing what to teach him to get to the next level and be able to have a career there. Oh wait.......smfh.

Mcmullen and williams leaving are just two more steps towards purging the Bopityparty and Nebraskans getting our program back.

I just said this to my cousin when he asked what I thought.

I'm convinced NU is a better team without them. There are others I will be happy to see go on. Some that others would shake their head at

It could be one of those "The Road Not Taken" things. Play it safe, stay put, and regret what might have been for the rest of your life. Even if his experiences don't match up with his expectations, at least Williams will know what happened.

Williams has been here this long in Nebraska so it might be getting to be a grind. Why not go somewhere else, learn something different, see something new, meet someone else? He's at the time in his life he can and should do it. It always struck me as odd that so many kids in Columbus say that they can't wait to get out of this town to see something new and then go to...UNL...70 miles away...and hang around with the same kids that they knew in Columbus. That really broadens one's horizons, doesn't it?

One last thing: This Hughes firing / mass exodus of the defensive line was one of the bigger stories last year that leaves a lot of questions unanswered as to what happened. I think it tainted relations up past Hughes because Riley didn't fix it fast enough. Not unlike getting mad at the boss of your boss because your boss is an a-hole and his boss doesn't do anything about it. Can't prove it, but have seen it a thousand times, sure looks the same thing here. Some guy looks at where he is and says "I'm not doing more of the same, I've got to get out of here." Then everybody says, Well, why is he leaving, he's been here 20 years, what does he think he'll find somewhere else?" Sometimes it is what one WON'T find at another place that prompts the move.

• Fire 1

The 7 minute mark basically gets into his feelings on the staff and the changes.

Unfortunately, he felt the transition in staff's was very difficult. Earlier in the interview he talks about that he thought about leaving earlier but decided to stay and give the new staff a chance. Now, he has decided that he can go to the SEC and get developed better and marketed more.

Yeah......pretty much sums up that it's based on he's still not happy with the coaching change.

I truly hope he finds all the happiness he is looking for. I have my doubts that he is going to be all of a sudden a highly sought after DT in the draft no matter what marketing he thinks other programs do better.

Seems like a "grass is greener" type situation. And....many times when that gets in people's heads, you can't change it and there is no way to convince them otherwise. So....this is what he feels he needs to do.

I have the feeling the Husker program will be just fine. We lose some depth. But.....we will be as good of D line next year as we would be with him here.

• Fire 2

Resume for Jimmy Brumbaugh, DL coach at KU

Year Team Position

2014 Kentucky Defensive Line

2013 Kentucky Defensive Line

2012 East Mississippi CC Defensive Line/Strength and Conditioning Coordinator

2011 Syracuse Defensive Tackles

2010 Syracuse Defensive Line

2009 Louisiana Tech Defensive Line

2008 Louisiana Tech Defensive Line

2007 LSU Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coordinator

2006 LSU Asst. Strength and Conditioning Coordinator

2005 Tennessee-Chattanooga Defensive Line

2004 Jacksonville State Student Assistant/Defensive Line

http://www.ukathletics.com/sport/m-footbl/2015/roster/559d9548e4b01c7eefd61f96​

The 7 minute mark basically gets into his feelings on the staff and the changes.

Unfortunately, he felt the transition in staff's was very difficult. Earlier in the interview he talks about that he thought about leaving earlier but decided to stay and give the new staff a chance. Now, he has decided that he can go to the SEC and get developed better and marketed more.

Yeah......pretty much sums up that it's based on he's still not happy with the coaching change.

I truly hope he finds all the happiness he is looking for. I have my doubts that he is going to be all of a sudden a highly sought after DT in the draft no matter what marketing he thinks other programs do better.

Seems like a "grass is greener" type situation. And....many times when that gets in people's heads, you can't change it and there is no way to convince them otherwise. So....this is what he feels he needs to do.

I have the feeling the Husker program will be just fine. We lose some depth. But.....we will be as good of D line next year as we would be with him here.

This is a pretty solid post about the topic.

Also, I know that JP was a stud at NU but his coaching resume is average at best...not that he won't be great but I could see where KW might think it could be better for him at another spot.

He has two degrees from NU...none of his "boys" are at the school anymore and maybe he just really thinks that a change would be good for him.

• Fire 1