Kevin WIlliams interview

I just finished listening to the interview. I didn't think there was anything that was too inflammatory. I don't think it's a huge issue when there are older guys who don't gel with a new staff. It happens. Transitions are tough at any level or job. It sounds like KW was accustomed and preferred a certain coaching style under Bo and his staff.

The big thing is that KW doesn't have any body left from his recruiting class and barely anybody left on defense from the class after him. He probably doesn't have strong relationships with the younger guys and the new coaching staff. He is making the decision to move on. It's not a negative on anyone, it just happens.

• Fire 2

The part that will be interesting is that in the interview, he implies that there were big time programs in the SEC looking at him. So far, all I've seen is that he's looking at Kentucky.

I'm interested in seeing what other big time programs in the SEC are recruiting him to come.

I'm guessing Vanderbilt and Missouri. You know, places known for developing big time DTs. They're as big time as Kentucky.

I wonder if he confused basketball success with football when choosing Kentucky.

It's one thing graduating then not seeing a future with the program because you've been a back up (excuse me - starting blackshirt, star of the defense) for 5 years. It's another thing thinking up silly reasons you're leaving that don't exist. Such as Kentucky giving him a better shot at the NFL than Nebraska.

It's not a surprise that a guy who doesn't know the definitionn of back up doesn't understand how unlikely it is that transitioning to a new program (which happens to be one of the worst teams in its conference) is not going to help him.

I just finished listening to the interview. I didn't think there was anything that was too inflammatory. I don't think it's a huge issue when there are older guys who don't gel with a new staff. It happens. Transitions are tough at any level or job. It sounds like KW was accustomed and preferred a certain coaching style under Bo and his staff.

The big thing is that KW doesn't have any body left from his recruiting class and barely anybody left on defense from the class after him. He probably doesn't have strong relationships with the younger guys and the new coaching staff. He is making the decision to move on. It's not a negative on anyone, it just happens.

Your sound reasoning and rational viewpoint has no place in this thread.

Please instead join everyone else with petulant and derogatory snipes at KW, BP, and any other staff/players of his.

• Fire 2

Your sound reasoning and rational viewpoint has no place in this thread.

Please instead join everyone else with petulant and derogatory snipes at KW, BP, and any other staff/players of his.

My fault!!! Where can I get myself a burning pitchfork to wave around?

• Fire 1

What was his actual quote about marketing? I listen to the interview but missed that.

I'm not sure if it's conjecture or truth, but I haven't see his quote about marketing himself for the NFL, either. I'd be interested to read if that's actually a concern of is.

And if it is, A&M and Kentucky don't exactly ring 'path to the NFL,' though. A&M more-so than Kentucky, but still.

What was his actual quote about marketing? I listen to the interview but missed that.

I'm not sure if it's conjecture or truth, but I haven't see his quote about marketing himself for the NFL, either. I'd be interested to read if that's actually a concern of is.

And if it is, A&M and Kentucky don't exactly ring 'path to the NFL,' though. A&M more-so than Kentucky, but still.

2:30 mark

I listened again. Sounds like he's bought into a lot of he hype that goes with the SEC. When he talks about "marketing" and "exposure" it seemed more like he was referring to the perception that if you can hold your own as a DL in the SEC, you have a better perception among NFL scouts. The same can't be said about guys playing in the B10 week in and week out.

I don't agree with that perception, but I get where he's coming from. Unfortunately too many recruits (and that's what he is at this point) buy into that line.

He wasn't saying that NU itself didn't do a good enough job of marketing him individually.

• Fire 1

Could it be as simple as: be face 5 years of his college years to Nebraska and wants to play at a university that's a 4 hour drive from his hometown?

he could have said that if it was the reason. he didn't even hint at that though.

He did say he felt he was ready for something new after earning his double major.

I think that geography among the SEC teams could be how he chooses among the teams he's considering, though.

• Fire 1