Listening to Bennings Description of His Interview with Langs

No offense but college and pro football have very little in common. Norv Turner is no doubt a great OC and has been very successful but a lot of the concepts that they have to use in the NFL are because the defenses they face every week are so good that they can't line up and run the ball and be successful. They also have the luxury of finding and keeping a QB for his entire carreer if they choose which is not the case in college. If a school is lucky they get a QB for 3 years and have to start over. Part of the reason I feel Riley hasn't been able to maintain consistent success anywhere he has coached. I also believe this is why Osborne had the consistent success he had. He took the ball out of the QB hands and put the pressure on RB's. If there is one thing the NFL has proved is that almost any back can contribute if givin the right system. The success rate for QB's however is very low. So when CM says he is concerned with Langsdorf I would tend to agree with him. Not saying he isn't a good OC but if last year proved anything is that Langs is a NFL OC. Gives up on the run way to early and thinks he has Eli Manning at QB which isn't the case.

No offense but college and pro football have very little in common. Norv Turner is no doubt a great OC and has been very successful but a lot of the concepts that they have to use in the NFL are because the defenses they face every week are so good that they can't line up and run the ball and be successful. They also have the luxury of finding and keeping a QB for his entire carreer if they choose which is not the case in college. If a school is lucky they get a QB for 3 years and have to start over. Part of the reason I feel Riley hasn't been able to maintain consistent success anywhere he has coached. I also believe this is why Osborne had the consistent success he had. He took the ball out of the QB hands and put the pressure on RB's. If there is one thing the NFL has proved is that almost any back can contribute if givin the right system. The success rate for QB's however is very low. So when CM says he is concerned with Langsdorf I would tend to agree with him. Not saying he isn't a good OC but if last year proved anything is that Langs is a NFL OC. Gives up on the run way to early and thinks he has Eli Manning at QB which isn't the case.

This is laughable considering Langs has never been a NFL OC. He has only been a QB coach, assistant WR coach and Quality control guy.

Enhance, have you listened to the discussion?

And no, installing new packages to defeat certain opponents is fundamentally different than what TO would do or briles now. You may tweak your system for your players, but not for the opponent.

Installing a specific package of plays to beat a specific opponent reminds me of what Watson did when trying to beat NU in the early 00s.

Yeah, it may work for that opponent but it's not a smart approach overall, because college players don't have the time or experience to perfect the multiple packages required to attack the different teams on a schedule.

• Fire 2

And no, installing new packages to defeat certain opponents is fundamentally different than what TO would do or briles now. You may tweak your system for your players, but not for the opponent.

So if a team with a west coast offense faced a team that had the #1 pass defense in the country, but the #127 rush defense in the country, you would not run the ball any more than you usually would?

They may try to do that but it's likely why so few teams do well employing a west coast offense at the college level.

So if a team with a run-centric offense faced a team that had the #1 rush defense in the country, but the #127 pass defense in the country, you would not pass the ball any more than you usually would?

They may try to do that but it's likely why so few teams do well employing a west coast offense at the college level.

So if a team with a run-centric offense faced a team that had the #1 rush defense in the country, but the #127 pass defense in the country, you would not pass the ball any more than you usually would?

Let me know if and when you identify a defense like that.

• Fire 2