Listening to Bennings Description of His Interview with Langs

Point to a game or season where TO fundamentally changed his pass to run ratio based on the opponent, please. Or even installed an entirely new package of plays for a specific opponent.

You're moving the goal posts. I never said fundamental changes. I said tweaking.

I also am not sure you're talking about "packages" in the context in which they are typically used. That can mean anything from plays designed to go to certain players, plays designed to exploit a specific weakness, plays designed to utilize a certain type of attack (i.e. slant passes), etc. Many of these are plays that you have already in the playbook, or plays you make small changes to or adjustments. Then, they can be grouped or reshuffled depending on the opponent or gameplan. Or, they can be created pre-season and then left alone until needed.

We did these things from pop warner to high school. I don't see the misunderstanding.

• Fire 2

I know a lot of coaches try that approach (and it goes beyond "tweaks"), and a lot of them aren't very successful.

A lot of coaches that do anything aren't very successful. The majority of coaches aren't very successful. Tell us about this clueless, imaginary correlation.

It doesn't matter. Coaches can do whatever they want. But if the goal is to win championships, maybe you should copy the winning blueprint.

And coppying the Alabama blue print wouldn't be a winning formula?

Um, lol

No it wouldn't.

Copying the NDSU blueprint would be, as they are the most successful program of the past decade.

I thought we had established that earlier?

It doesn't matter. Coaches can do whatever they want. But if the goal is to win championships, maybe you should copy the winning blueprint.

And coppying the Alabama blue print wouldn't be a winning formula?

Um, lol

Not for a program in Lincoln Nebraska. No.

So you are seriously sticking with the whole "only specific systems work in Lincoln" theory?

This is why people don't take you seriously.

• Fire 2

Enhance, have you listened to the discussion?

And no, installing new packages to defeat certain opponents is fundamentally different than what TO would do or briles now. You may tweak your system for your players, but not for the opponent.

Installing a specific package of plays to beat a specific opponent reminds me of what Watson did when trying to beat NU in the early 00s.

Yeah, it may work for that opponent but it's not a smart approach overall, because college players don't have the time or experience to perfect the multiple packages required to attack the different teams on a schedule.

CM, I've enjoyed somewhat your points of view over the last several weeks, but I gott say man...you are dead wrong on this one.

I'm not even going to try to explain my perspective on why. I'll just say, I coach little league football and WE CHANGE our offense around for the opponents we face. And our defense too. And sometimes we change it DURING the games. Adjustments to exploit weaknesses or counter adjustments to their adjustments.

I have a quick question tho (and I am serious when I ask, not being condescending): have you ever sat in on a film breakdown of an opponent on a Sunday or Monday during game week at the college level?

Ultimately, I'll guess we'll see how it plays out.

I'll just say, there are a lot of average ways to approach a challenge. My opinion is that NU can't go along with the average if we hope to achieve above average success.

Changing things up and having no real identity other than an "all you can eat buffet" doesn't strike me as a winning formula.

But again, we'll see what happens.

• Fire 1