DT Rutger Reitmaier [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From Husker Journal:

MAY 25 2016. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

RUTGER REITMAIER , DL, 6-3, 280, NASHVILLE (LIPSCOMB ACADEMY), TENNESSEE

Limpscomb Academy football coach Scott Tillman runs down Reitmaier’s recruitment.

“He’s still getting offers almost every day.” Said Tillman. “I know there are schools he likes, but really hasn’t decided where he is going this summer. He’s been to a lot of places. He’s going to make many more visits this summer.”

Might visit Nebraska.

“I’m not all sure where he’s all going. I know he might visit Nebraska sometime this summer. I know he’s going to Oregon in early June. He’s been to Penn State, Notre Dame, Duke, Tennessee and Navy.” Tillman said

Nebraska showing the love.

“Oh yea, I know he loves Nebraska. Definitely in the top 5 or 6. He likes the tradition and coaching staff. Their DL-Line coach (John Parrella) has been to our house a lot. Spent some time with us at the school several times. He’s just a great guy.” Tillman said

“Penn State is the same thing as Nebraska. It’s unbelievable history of college football. So I really think he enjoyed back east.” Tillman said

“He loves Tennessee,” Tillman said. “Coach (Bob) Shoop the D-Coordinator is a good guy. Coach (Steve) Stripling the D-Line coach is phenomenal. Tennessee sure is in the top 3 or schools we are looking at.”

“He’s unbelievable explosive. He’s got great athletic ability for a defensive tackle, he’s got a great motor.”

Summer decision.

“We’re planning on making a choice before the senior year. So he can just concentrate on playing for the Mustang. I would imagine somewhere end of July first of August with a verbal commitment.” Tillman said

Coach Tillman said Notre Dame is out of the picture. Oregon is a great program that Reitmaier likes; the NIKE thing.

cornhead.gif

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 months later...

With our bowl game in Nashville, assume he would come if he wants to move away from Oregon as Nebraska and Tennessee are on his offer list. What is the rule on recruits at bowl games...go on their own dime if they want? Can there be coach contact, etc.?

Players came to our practices all the time when we played in Florida. I believe they can't speak to the coach in person, but they can watch and text/call the coaches before/after.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...