The General Election

Donald Trump doesn’t need to know what’s happening in the world to respond to it, according to his own campaign chair.

The comment, made by Trump’s newly promoted campaign chair Paul Manafort in passing during an interview on Meet the Press Saturday, was meant to speak to Trump’s strengths: The presumptive Republican nominee has ability to speak off the cuff, even when seemingly uninformed on the topic.

"And the good thing is we have a candidate who doesn’t need to figure out what’s going on in order to say what he wants to do," Manafort said, responding to Chuck Todd’s question on the Trump team’s preparedness for the general election campaign season.

Soooo....let me get this straight. You don't need to have actual knowledge of something understand how to react to it.
I'm beginning to realize why he loves the uneducated.
:facepalm::facepalm:

Yet another example off people flying off the cuff every time they hear something outside the usual realm of politics when it comes to Trump and/or trying to twist the words from the campaign. What Paul Manafort means is that he is very quick on his feet and is able to analyze things quickly and even very well. Even some of his harshest contractors agree that he is very strong at diagnosing problems, but his knowledge of issues needs to improve in order to properly solve the problem. That I'd agree with as well. But he will get there.

People need to get used to the fact that Trump is not a politician. And that's a good thing.

Yet another example off people flying off the cuff every time they hear something outside the usual realm of politics when it comes to Trump and/or trying to twist the words from the campaign. What Paul Manafort means is that he is very quick on his feet and is able to analyze things quickly and even very well. Even some of his harshest contractors agree that he is very strong at diagnosing problems, but his knowledge of issues needs to improve in order to properly solve the problem. That I'd agree with as well. But he will get there.

People need to get used to the fact that Trump is not a politician. And that's a good thing.

Or people need to actually look at what Trump's campaign is and realize he isn't fit for any type of public office whatsoever.

People are really quick to jump on every thing that comes out Trump's camp and try to paint in the worst possible way. But there's some truth in this criticism even if too much is being made of it.

Trump needs to realize that the POTUS can't just wing it anytime he is asked something he might not be well informed about.

Soooo...in post #881 you said:

I will say this, Trump has a few key issues in his platform that he's very firm and passionate about, but there are a lot of surrounding issues that he is not extremely knowledgeable at this point in time. I believe he's got the ability and lack of quality competition set out for him to win the general election in a landslide, but he's going to have to really dig in and learn a lot, develop stances and strategies on issues, and not waiver back and forth anymore. I think a lot of the waivering on some of the issues are because he doesn't have a strong opinion on a lot of them and therefore hasn't established his viewpoint yet.

He has a lot of work to do, and a lot of damage control as well with putting his foot in his mouth way too much. We will see what happens.

so....now, are you saying he really doesn't have to dig in and learn a lot because he is just so above and beyond greatness that he doesn't need to know anything? What....he just has this mystical 6th sense of being able to have an epiphany every time he needs to make a statement about world events????
Or......is this statement by his campaign chair part of your last sentence about trying to damage control?

People are really quick to jump on every thing that comes out Trump's camp and try to paint in the worst possible way. But there's some truth in this criticism even if too much is being made of it.

Trump needs to realize that the POTUS can't just wing it anytime he is asked something he might not be well informed about.

I would agree with that.

Soooo...in post #881 you said:

I will say this, Trump has a few key issues in his platform that he's very firm and passionate about, but there are a lot of surrounding issues that he is not extremely knowledgeable at this point in time. I believe he's got the ability and lack of quality competition set out for him to win the general election in a landslide, but he's going to have to really dig in and learn a lot, develop stances and strategies on issues, and not waiver back and forth anymore. I think a lot of the waivering on some of the issues are because he doesn't have a strong opinion on a lot of them and therefore hasn't established his viewpoint yet.

He has a lot of work to do, and a lot of damage control as well with putting his foot in his mouth way too much. We will see what happens.

so....now, are you saying he really doesn't have to dig in and learn a lot because he is just so above and beyond greatness that he doesn't need to know anything? What....he just has this mystical 6th sense of being able to have an epiphany every time he needs to make a statement about world events????
Or......is this statement by his campaign chair part of your last sentence about trying to damage control?

And how do you interpret the 2 things I said as conflicting?

OK.....that is somewhat of a logical view.

However, then the statements by this guy are absolutely off the charts dumb.

The issue is that Trump himself has made so many stupid comments (and keeps doing it) that the criticism is just going to build unless he all of a sudden realizes how idiotic he looks making the statements and stops. Now he has a campaign chair making just as dumb of statements.

Look.....the issue with me is, what I see Trump not understanding is that what he says really means something in the world. Being the leader of the free world and just flying off the handle and making stupid comments doesn't mix well at all. As a leader, every single word you say (or tweet) means something and needs to be thought out very carefully.

The problem is this guy's ego is so huge he thinks he can just flip out any comment he so chooses no matter how ill informed or stupid it is.