Valentine to the Patriots

Now it makes me wonder...if NU had two high draft picks at DT last season what will that mean for how the defense looks this year?

That depends. Is Banker still our DC?

tumblr_me166nfbzd1qih9gi.gif

Oh well. At least we still have ice cream.

LOL you're the most negative poster. All you do is bash the current staff, and go on trenchant rants about how great Bo was and how his roster was full of NFL talent.

There is a reason Coach Riley fired Hughes, and Valentine even stated he might have had pondered staying his senior year had Hughes been fired earlier. I got a newsflash for you since you did not get the memo, P E quadruple L N I is gone and is not coming back. The guy fell on some fortuitous coaching opportunities, and his entitled demeanor prevented him from reaching any meaningful level of success.

That being said, I am very happy for all the Huskers who were drafted. If it were not for a coaching change, Andy Janovich would have never sniffed the NFL. Until you have something meanigful to contribute to this board maybe you should go take your negative attitude and consider rooting for Youngstown.

LOL you might be the most misinformed/delusional poster. I seriously doubt I'm the most negative poster, but I'll own it if you want me to. Is 1989 your birthyear? You seem naive in your thinking/statements. I'm pretty sure I've never gone on a trenchant rant about how great Bo was, but if you say I did, could you please provide a link?. He definitely disappointed. I just don't think he was as horrible of a coach as others made him out to be. But he did have a scary face, so I'll give you that. I'm also pretty sure I never went on a trenchant rant about how his roster was "full of NFL talent", but if you say I did, then you should be able to provide a link?. I just objected to the numerous claims of others that the "cupboard was bare". His recruiting was lacking, but there was enough talent to win the games that were lost, so blaming the losses on the talent level of the players is asinine. I did get the memo that PE quadruple L N I is gone, and I've also seen the ever-changing memos as to the reasons why he is gone. I know he's not coming back, and I don't want him back, that would be silly, childish and wrong for many reasons, just like describing him as PE quadruple L N I.

Your statement about Andy is just speculation. How cute that somebody with 52 posts in 2 years criticizes the meaningfulness of my contributions and suggests who I should root for, and in conjunction with your obvious lack of perspective and perception as well. It's adorab

1989 is the year I graduated, but it's okay to make preemptive assumptions of my age as if that would omit me from having any foot to stand on during a contentious dialogue.

How do you figure Jano would have been drafted by not playing? It was Riley's incipient assessment of Jano last spring that gave him the idea that Jano had NFL talent, thus resulting in the decision to allow Jano to play meaningful snaps.

The cupboard was not bare, however to assume that the talent level of the entire team was ubiquitous to the likes of Collins and Big Vince is simply conflating and misleading. For one, the LB depth was egregiously mismanaged by the prior staff. I am just trying to figure out how D line with two 3 rounders, and a 2nd rounder were unable to prevent Melvin Gordon from running for 400 yards in a single game??? Hmmm I guess that is what NFL talent will bring to the table... Or i'll go another route and say that Pelini was awful at adjusting and putting his team in positions to play quality football against quality opponents.

But hey, Riley sucks, his staff sucks, and Nebraska football sucks...

and your usage of the quote function sucks...

I must say, your rebuttal was exemplary!

Thank you. I knew it was simple enough to keep you entertained/busy while I trudged through your garbled code to compose my actual response.

Now it makes me wonder...if NU had two high draft picks at DT last season what will that mean for how the defense looks this year?

LOL you're the most negative poster. All you do is bash the current staff, and go on trenchant rants about how great Bo was and how his roster was full of NFL talent.

There is a reason Coach Riley fired Hughes, and Valentine even stated he might have had pondered staying his senior year had Hughes been fired earlier. I got a newsflash for you since you did not get the memo, P E quadruple L N I is gone and is not coming back. The guy fell on some fortuitous coaching opportunities, and his entitled demeanor prevented him from reaching any meaningful level of success.

That being said, I am very happy for all the Huskers who were drafted. If it were not for a coaching change, Andy Janovich would have never sniffed the NFL. Until you have something meanigful to contribute to this board maybe you should go take your negative attitude and consider rooting for Youngstown.

A) thought you bestowed that title on me.

B) untrue re: AJ, who would have likely gotten a FA contract at the least - also, I recall Bo stating he had thoughts that AJ could have an NFL chance after awarding AJ a scholarship (the youngest walkon to receive one to that point)

C) to name a few things, he was part of at least one NC staff, a SB winning staff (iirc) and until last year, never part of a staff that failed to win at least 9 games in a season - you should consider your standard for "meaningful success"

• Fire 1

LOL you might be the most misinformed/delusional poster. I seriously doubt I'm the most negative poster, but I'll own it if you want me to. Is 1989 your birthyear? You seem naive in your thinking/statements. I'm pretty sure I've never gone on a trenchant rant about how great Bo was, but if you say I did, could you please provide a link?. He definitely disappointed. I just don't think he was as horrible of a coach as others made him out to be. But he did have a scary face, so I'll give you that. I'm also pretty sure I never went on a trenchant rant about how his roster was "full of NFL talent", but if you say I did, then you should be able to provide a link?. I just objected to the numerous claims of others that the "cupboard was bare". His recruiting was lacking, but there was enough talent to win the games that were lost, so blaming the losses on the talent level of the players is asinine. I did get the memo that PE quadruple L N I is gone, and I've also seen the ever-changing memos as to the reasons why he is gone. I know he's not coming back, and I don't want him back, that would be silly, childish and wrong for many reasons, just like describing him as PE quadruple L N I.

Your statement about Andy is just speculation. How cute that somebody with 52 posts in 2 years criticizes the meaningfulness of my contributions and suggests who I should root for, and in conjunction with your obvious lack of perspective and perception as well. It's adorab

1989 is the year I graduated, but it's okay to make preemptive assumptions of my age as if that would omit me from having any foot to stand on during a contentious dialogue.

How do you figure Jano would have been drafted by not playing? It was Riley's incipient assessment of Jano last spring that gave him the idea that Jano had NFL talent, thus resulting in the decision to allow Jano to play meaningful snaps.

The cupboard was not bare, however to assume that the talent level of the entire team was ubiquitous to the likes of Collins and Big Vince is simply conflating and misleading. For one, the LB depth was egregiously mismanaged by the prior staff. I am just trying to figure out how D line with two 3 rounders, and a 2nd rounder were unable to prevent Melvin Gordon from running for 400 yards in a single game??? Hmmm I guess that is what NFL talent will bring to the table... Or i'll go another route and say that Pelini was awful at adjusting and putting his team in positions to play quality football against quality opponents.

But hey, Riley sucks, his staff sucks, and Nebraska football sucks...

So you graduated in 1989? Congratulations! It must have quite the achievement for you to proudly display it. I don't know why you want a contentious dialogue, are you upset about something? but you can stand on any feet you want, but you may have to occasionally take yours out of your mouth to do so.

How do you figure Jano would have been drafted by not playing?

I don't recall saying Jano would get drafted without playing.

The cupboard was not bare, however to assume that the talent level of the entire team was ubiquitous to the likes of Collins and Big Vince is simply conflating and misleading.

I don't recall making this assumption either.

Are you sure you are addressing the correct person? Have you found those links yet to the other claims you made about me?

I think I'm beginning to understand why you only average 1 post every 2 weeks. Perhaps you should slow down and check your facts first.

I mostly come here for news, and updates. I don't find it necessary to spend time contributing on a frequent basis. I have just noticed that many people on here are still torn about accepting the changes within the football program.

I mostly found wrong with your alluding to this team being full of NFL talent. Any team that is D1 is full of talent. The issue is not talent at NU, the issue is far more complex to understand.

Perhaps it was the administration, or perhaps it was coaching. All I know is, Nebraska has too much tradition and history to not be contending for championships.

Look at the way Kevin Williams left Nebraska. Somewhere along the way current players began to think that playing for Nebraska was not a privilege. I believe that mentality came from coaches like BC, and BO. Both of those men did not embrace the tradition that was here, and always felt that there was something better for them.

It is refreshing to see Coach Riley embrace tradition, and represent this program with class.

A) thought you bestowed that tjrle on me.

B) untrue re: AJ, who would have likely gotten a FA contract at the least - also, I recall Bo, when awarding AJ a scholarship (the youngest walkon to receive one to that point)

C) to name a few things, he was part of at least one NC staff, a SB winning staff (iirc) and until last year, never part of a staff that failed to win at least 9 games in a season - you should consider your standard for "meaningful success"

you consider success by winning nine games?

Don't take away Les Miles accolades at bestow that success on BO. That was not BO's team.

Getting railed out by Wisconsin showed a huge lack of coaching in BO. The writing was all over the wall. Those teams played for themselves, and supposedly for BO.

When the team begins to view playing for Nebraska as a privileged, then success will come. You cannot achieve team success unless everyone understands that they are playing for something bigger than themselves.

When is the last time you saw a Husker team own up like this for letting down teammates, coaches, fans, and their school?

Tebow embodied a great tenacity and pride for playing for a great fan base. It has been a long time since I have seen a Husker team collectively play for the N.

When is the last time you saw a Husker team own up like this for letting down teammates, coaches, fans, and their school?

Tebow embodied a great tenacity and pride for playing for a great fan base. It has been a long time since I have seen a Husker team collectively play for the N.

Tebow appears to have done OK following that short speech.

August 30 Hawaii* v. #5 • Gainesville, FLW 56–10

September 6 Miami (FL)* v. #5 • Gainesville, FL W 26–3

September 20 Tennessee v. #4 • Knoxville, TN W 30–6

September 27 Ole Miss v. #4 Gainesville, FL L 30–31

October 4 Arkansas v. #12 Fayetteville, AR Raycom W 38–7

October 11 #4 LSU v. #11 • Gainesville, FL W 51–21

October 25 Kentucky v. #5 • Gainesville, FL W 63–5

November 1 #8 Georgia v. #5 Jacksonville, FL W 49–10

November 8 Vanderbilt v. #4 Nashville, TN W 42–14

November 15 #24 South Carolinav. #3 • Gainesville, FL W 56–6

November 22 The Citadel* v. #3 • Gainesville, FL W 70–19

November 29 #23 Florida State* v. #2 Tallahassee, FL(Rivalry) W 45–15

December 6 #1 Alabama v. #2 Atlanta, GA (SEC Championship) W 31–20

January 8 #2 Oklahoma v. #1 Miami Gardens, FL (BCS Championship) W 24–14

You just quoted Tim Tebow and referred to UF fans as a great fan base.

Credibility gone.

Well considering that Teboner won 2 natty championships I think he is a repeatable person to use as an example of what a team player looks like.

I want everyone on this board to understand one thing, there has not been a husker team since 2001 that played for a greater pride than them selves. Great teams are not defined by great players, great teams are defined by a cohesive group of team players who understand that they are playing for something greater than themselves.

A head coach who says F*ck the fans, and tells them to kiss his ass cultivates a disdain in the locker room against the fan base. Thus disassociating the pride for playing for the fan base, and school.

Kenny Bell saying 9 wins is commendable and uses CU Boulder as an example of how Nebraska should be content.

Josh Mitchell going off on the fan base after Pelini's termination.

Former players crying about records being taken down by Boyd Epley. The same man who essentially created weight training in football.

Kevin Williams calling Jason Peter a drug addict, thus showing the lack of respect for what has come before him.

I am not saying that every player was selfish... But Bo Pelini did not cultivate an environment where his teams embraced the tradition of Nebraska, and led them to believe that they played for HIM, and no one else.

• Fire 4

Too many people equate success with effort.

Effort is a necessary but not sufficient component of success.

The question is, have teams met or exceeded their "expected" potential. I think the majority of teams since 2001 have.

p.s. Im tired of fans pretending they know anything about the level of effort or motivations of these players. As though these players owe the fans something. They don't.

• Fire 2

The question is, have teams met or exceeded their "expected" potential. I think the majority of teams since 2001 have.

p.s. Im tired of fans pretending they know anything about the level of effort or motivations of these players. As though these players owe the fans something. They don't.

did you play for BO? or Calli?

This players absolutely owe the fans. Without the fans there is no program. The fans are everlasting, a players career is not. It is the passion of fans that enable these students to be able to get a free education, and play a sport they love.

What is wrong with you? Who in the world do schools get money for athletics to even exist from? Nebraska fans have flocked to games, and supported their beloved huskers for generations. It is the student athletes have come to believe that the fans owe them something. Actually in return these student athletes are indebted to the fans who pay the taxes, and buy the tickets to the games which allows them to go to school for free.