Valentine to the Patriots

Kevin Williams calling Jason Peter a drug addict, thus showing the lack of respect for what has come before him.

Jason Peter has my sympathy and understanding. Respect??? Not just for playing a game, whether it be Peter, Burkhead, or anybody else.

From NFL.com

Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

Hey everybody. It's common courtesy when having a discussion (whether on football or otherwise) to post an actual quote when you call it an actual quote. It's not a quote if you edit the "quote" to make it say something different. For example, here is the real quote that darkhorse edited:

He had his most prolific season as a senior, running the ball 42 times for 265 yards and three scores and catching two passes for 58 yards. Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, possibly due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

One could argue that the fact it's on NFL.com makes it a good enough argument that it was due to ST. You maybe didn't even need to delete the "possibly" from it. It's still a lame move though.

Also, teacher you're once again stretching things way beyond what anyone said. I don't think I said Bo getting fired is why Jano got into the NFL. W/o looking I believe I said Jano got drafted because of the change in offensive style. I don't see why this comment is so controversial or hard to believe.

Yeah but everybody knows that the most important part of any group of text is the last thing said.....

From NFL.com

Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

Hey everybody. It's common courtesy when having a discussion (whether on football or otherwise) to post an actual quote when you call it an actual quote. It's not a quote if you edit the "quote" to make it say something different. For example, here is the real quote that darkhorse edited:

He had his most prolific season as a senior, running the ball 42 times for 265 yards and three scores and catching two passes for 58 yards. Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, possibly due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

One could argue that the fact it's on NFL.com makes it a good enough argument that it was due to ST. You maybe didn't even need to delete the "possibly" from it. It's still a lame move though.

Also, teacher you're once again stretching things way beyond what anyone said. I don't think I said Bo getting fired is why Jano got into the NFL. W/o looking I believe I said Jano got drafted because of the change in offensive style. I don't see why this comment is so controversial or hard to believe.

Yeah but everybody knows that the most important part of any group of text is the last thing said.....

The problem wasn't that he deleted the first sentence. It was that he deleted the word "possibly" from the last sentence.

Just got this from NFL.com:

"Andy Janovich (known as Jano by fans and reports say that is what the back of his jersey will read) was largely responsible for the Huskers resurgence as a national power. Once head coach Bo Pelini was fired the first important move that Coach Riley made was to make Jano the main feature of the offense and defense. As the season went on opposing teams were so focused on Jano that Riley, very smartly, basically stopped using him which totally confused opposing defenses. Jano had two receptions but both of those receptions were season changing catches.

Each one of his 42 carries seemed like a cross of Barry Sanders and Shaun Alexander. Riley was quoted as saying "We only gave Jano 42 carries because it simply wasn't fair to the other teams if we gave him the ball more than that." Player that Jano most likely resembles in the NFL, Joe Montana, Bo Jackson, Todd Saurbraun and Walter Payton, with some Jerry Rice like attributes."

They did not mention his special teams tackles...I am guessing that those were so violent that I needed to sign a waiver to read about them.

• Fire 4

It was not a response to a post. It was just a post...

Sorry you didn't find it funny. Maybe someone else did.

You were clearly mocking anyone who thinks a running back's carries are a factor in their being drafted, and mocking anyone who thinks quotes shouldn't be altered to help someone make their point.

Not at all. I was just mocking anyone.

But you were wearing a mock turtleneck while making these posts.

You misunderstood...I didn't say he was wearing a dickie, I said he was being a dick, eh?

From NFL.com

Cool, did the Broncos write that or some draft "expert"?

I agree with Moraine, without his big running plays, he doesn't get quite as much exposure and probably goes undrafted. Hell, I'm positive.