Valentine to the Patriots

From NFL.com

Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

Hey everybody. It's common courtesy when having a discussion (whether on football or otherwise) to post an actual quote when you call it an actual quote. It's not a quote if you edit the "quote" to make it say something different. For example, here is the real quote that darkhorse edited:

He had his most prolific season as a senior, running the ball 42 times for 265 yards and three scores and catching two passes for 58 yards. Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, possibly due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

One could argue that the fact it's on NFL.com makes it a good enough argument that it was due to ST. You maybe didn't even need to delete the "possibly" from it. It's still a lame move though.

Also, teacher you're once again stretching things way beyond what anyone said. I don't think I said Bo getting fired is why Jano got into the NFL. W/o looking I believe I said Jano got drafted because of the change in offensive style. I don't see why this comment is so controversial or hard to believe.

• Fire 3

From NFL.com

Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

Hey everybody. It's common courtesy when having a discussion (whether on football or otherwise) to post an actual quote when you call it an actual quote. It's not a quote if you edit the "quote" to make it say something different. For example, here is the real quote that darkhorse edited:

He had his most prolific season as a senior, running the ball 42 times for 265 yards and three scores and catching two passes for 58 yards. Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, possibly due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

One could argue that the fact it's on NFL.com makes it a good enough argument that it was due to ST. You maybe didn't even need to delete the "possibly" from it. It's still a lame move though.

Also, teacher you're once again stretching things way beyond what anyone said. I don't think I said Bo getting fired is why Jano got into the NFL. W/o looking I believe I said Jano got drafted because of the change in offensive style. I don't see why this comment is so controversial or hard to believe.

Bo getting fired didn't result in Janovich getting drafted, directly. It was the hire of Riley that did it. No one can argue that.

From NFL.com

Bo getting fired didn't result in Janovich getting drafted, directly. It was the hire of Riley that did it. No one can argue that.

It's basically being argued right here that it had nothing to do with his rushing, which implies to me that they think it has nothing to do with Riley. Or are people arguing Bo wouldn't have used him in ST?

Jano would have made the NFL regardless...people seem to be acting like he had 150 carries and 50 receptions this year.

He may have made the NFL but I doubt he would have been drafted. It's important to have game film. For a FB he got a lot of carries. Usually only 1 or 2 FB get drafted before the 6th round so to imply his getting a lot of carries was unimportant or that he didn't get many for a fullback seems like a stretch.
Jano got drafted for ST ability and run blocking much more than his ability as a runner. And his awesome level of tenacity and effort. Dude is a "football player."
That may be true but I don't think it would have been noticed if not for the attention he received because of the rushing he had, and in particular a couple of the runs he had. Just like most back ups don't get noticed and drafted unless they do some kind of production on the field. Jano didn't get invited to the combine for his ST ability or his run blocking. Maybe those got noticed after they saw the runs, but they didn't say "whooooaaa that dude made some great tackles on the kickoff team. We need him at the combine!" His ST play is important but it's not why he was noticed by NFL scouts.

They drafted a dude from Germany...that learned about football on Youtube...I am guessing that Jano's 25 carries on the season didn't really impact much when it came to him getting noticed or not.
Wooo anecdotal evidence over tendency! Let's ignore years of FB draft picking and find a cinderella story about a non football guy. Maybe once every other year this happens. Also, I just looked the guy up and you're leaving sh#t out. He's still an unlikely pick but he's been playing football 4 years.

But clearly as a fullback Jano's rushing had nothing to do with him getting drafted. Btw, he blocked a hell of a lot more in 2015 than in 2014 due to the offense as well.

From NFL.com

It's basically being argued right here that it had nothing to do with his rushing, which implies to me that they think it has nothing to do with Riley. Or are people arguing Bo wouldn't have used him in ST?

Bo DID use him on ST. Almost exclusively. As in not at all in the regular offense. I am sure the carries he got showed some athleticism that would have not been showcased without Riley being the HC.

From NFL.com

Bo DID use him on ST. Almost exclusively. As in not at all in the regular offense. I am sure the carries he got showed some athleticism that would have not been showcased without Riley being the HC.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Jano would have made the NFL regardless...people seem to be acting like he had 150 carries and 50 receptions this year.

He may have made the NFL but I doubt he would have been drafted. It's important to have game film. For a FB he got a lot of carries. Usually only 1 or 2 FB get drafted before the 6th round so to imply his getting a lot of carries was unimportant or that he didn't get many for a fullback seems like a stretch.
Jano got drafted for ST ability and run blocking much more than his ability as a runner. And his awesome level of tenacity and effort. Dude is a "football player."
That may be true but I don't think it would have been noticed if not for the attention he received because of the rushing he had, and in particular a couple of the runs he had. Just like most back ups don't get noticed and drafted unless they do some kind of production on the field. Jano didn't get invited to the combine for his ST ability or his run blocking. Maybe those got noticed after they saw the runs, but they didn't say "whooooaaa that dude made some great tackles on the kickoff team. We need him at the combine!" His ST play is important but it's not why he was noticed by NFL scouts.

They drafted a dude from Germany...that learned about football on Youtube...I am guessing that Jano's 25 carries on the season didn't really impact much when it came to him getting noticed or not.
Wooo anecdotal evidence over tendency! Let's ignore years of FB draft picking and find a cinderella story about a non football guy. Maybe once every other year this happens. Also, I just looked the guy up and you're leaving sh#t out. He's still an unlikely pick but he's been playing football 4 years.

But clearly as a fullback Jano's rushing had nothing to do with him getting drafted. Btw, he blocked a hell of a lot more in 2015 than in 2014 due to the offense as well.

I did not leave anything out...he learned about football on YouTube. I did not say he learned to play the game from YouTube...He actually learned the game existed from YouTube.

Getting railed out by Wisconsin showed a huge lack of coaching in BO. The writing was all over the wall.

What did the writing on the wall have to say about last year's Purdue game? What it says to me is that either coach would like to have that particular one back to do over. Nothing more.

Getting railed out by Wisconsin showed a huge lack of coaching in BO. The writing was all over the wall.

What did the writing on the wall have to say about last year's Purdue game? What it says to me is that either coach would like to have that particular one back to do over. Nothing more.

I get where you are going but it's not the same thing.