Valentine to the Patriots

Jano would have made the NFL regardless...people seem to be acting like he had 150 carries and 50 receptions this year.

He may have made the NFL but I doubt he would have been drafted. It's important to have game film. For a FB he got a lot of carries. Usually only 1 or 2 FB get drafted before the 6th round so to imply his getting a lot of carries was unimportant or that he didn't get many for a fullback seems like a stretch.

This players absolutely owe the fans. Without the fans there is no program. The fans are everlasting, a players career is not. It is the passion of fans that enable these students to be able to get a free education, and play a sport they love.

Too many people equate success with effort.

Effort is a necessary but not sufficient component of success.

The question is, have teams met or exceeded their "expected" potential. I think the majority of teams since 2001 have.

p.s. Im tired of fans pretending they know anything about the level of effort or motivations of these players. As though these players owe the fans something. They don't.

What is wrong with you? Who in the world do schools get money for athletics to even exist from? Nebraska fans have flocked to games, and supported their beloved huskers for generations. It is the student athletes have come to believe that the fans owe them something. Actually in return these student athletes are indebted to the fans who pay the taxes, and buy the tickets to the games which allows them to go to school for free.

Holy sh#t.

THAT. JUST. HAPPENED.

"Entitled Fan Alert!!!!"

Redalert.gif

• Fire 1

The question is, have teams met or exceeded their "expected" potential. I think the majority of teams since 2001 have.

p.s. Im tired of fans pretending they know anything about the level of effort or motivations of these players. As though these players owe the fans something. They don't.

What is wrong with you? Who in the world do schools get money for athletics to even exist from? Nebraska fans have flocked to games, and supported their beloved huskers for generations. It is the student athletes have come to believe that the fans owe them something. Actually in return these student athletes are indebted to the fans who pay the taxes, and buy the tickets to the games which allows them to go to school for free.

Holy sh#t.

THAT. JUST. HAPPENED.

"Entitled Fan Alert!!!!"

Redalert.gif

Dude you're a total LLLLoser

Holy sh#t.

THAT. JUST. HAPPENED.

"Entitled Fan Alert!!!!"

Redalert.gif

Dude you're a total LLLLoser

Since you seem to regularly lie when you make claims about me, I'll take this as a compliment.

Jano would have made the NFL regardless...people seem to be acting like he had 150 carries and 50 receptions this year.

He may have made the NFL but I doubt he would have been drafted. It's important to have game film. For a FB he got a lot of carries. Usually only 1 or 2 FB get drafted before the 6th round so to imply his getting a lot of carries was unimportant or that he didn't get many for a fullback seems like a stretch.

Jano got drafted for ST ability and run blocking much more than his ability as a runner. And his awesome level of tenacity and effort. Dude is a "football player."

• Fire 1

Jano got drafted for ST ability and run blocking much more than his ability as a runner. And his awesome level of tenacity and effort. Dude is a "football player."
That may be true but I don't think it would have been noticed if not for the attention he received because of the rushing he had, and in particular a couple of the runs he had. Just like most back ups don't get noticed and drafted unless they do some kind of production on the field. Jano didn't get invited to the combine for his ST ability or his run blocking. Maybe those got noticed after they saw the runs, but they didn't say "whooooaaa that dude made some great tackles on the kickoff team. We need him at the combine!" His ST play is important but it's not why he was noticed by NFL scouts.
  • Fire 1

That may be true but I don't think it would have been noticed if not for the attention he received because of the rushing he had, and in particular a couple of the runs he had. Just like most back ups don't get noticed and drafted unless they do some kind of production on the field. Jano didn't get invited to the combine for his ST ability or his run blocking. Maybe those got noticed after they saw the runs, but they didn't say "whooooaaa that dude made some great tackles on the kickoff team. We need him at the combine!" His ST play is important but it's not why he was noticed by NFL scouts.

They drafted a dude from Germany...that learned about football on Youtube...I am guessing that Jano's 25 carries on the season didn't really impact much when it came to him getting noticed or not.

When is the last time you saw a Husker team own up like this for letting down teammates, coaches, fans, and their school?

Tebow embodied a great tenacity and pride for playing for a great fan base. It has been a long time since I have seen a Husker team collectively play for the N.

Jack Gangwish did this a couple of times just last year

• Fire 1

When is the last time you saw a Husker team own up like this for letting down teammates, coaches, fans, and their school?

Tebow embodied a great tenacity and pride for playing for a great fan base. It has been a long time since I have seen a Husker team collectively play for the N.

Yeah he did...but Tebow was actually really good college football player!

• Fire 1

Yeah he did...but Tebow was actually really good college football player!

There certainly is a lot more weight to an apology when you are a Heisman winner, I suppose..

Jano didn't get invited to the combine for his ST ability or his run blocking. Maybe those got noticed after they saw the runs, but they didn't say "whooooaaa that dude made some great tackles on the kickoff team. We need him at the combine!" His ST play is important but it's not why he was noticed by NFL scouts.

That seems reasonable.

From NFL.com

Despite the drop in NFL teams looking for true fullbacks, Janovich earned an invitation to the NFL Scouting Combine, due to his special teams process (13 tackles in 2015).

Oh SNAP!

CM has hacked nfl.com!