Husker facilities, fan support put Mike Riley on level playing field with nemesis Oregon

I am getting a feeling that this could be an 11am game...like the Husker/UCLA game a few years back. National coverage but 11am

Very well could be. A quick glance of the schedules shows Ohio State vs. Oklahoma, Mich. St. vs. Notre Dame, a ton of good SEC matchups, USC vs. Stanford...

Plenty of good games that weekend.

I am getting a feeling that this could be an 11am game...like the Husker/UCLA game a few years back. National coverage but 11am

Very well could be. A quick glance of the schedules shows Ohio State vs. Oklahoma, Mich. St. vs. Notre Dame, a ton of good SEC matchups, USC vs. Stanford...

I would not hate it if it was an 11am but man does the fun pre-gaming just fly by for those 11am games

I would not hate it if it was an 11am but man does the fun pre-gaming just fly by for those 11am games

Part of me enjoys the 11 a.m. games - the lack of a good pre game does kinda stink, but it's also kind of us nice to have your evening available.

Part of me enjoys the 11 a.m. games - the lack of a good pre game does kinda stink, but it's also kind of us nice to have your evening available.
Obviously doesn't equate to a win, but it is an early game for a west coast team could throw them off.

Obviously doesn't equate to a win, but it is an early game for a west coast team could throw them off.

I remember lots of posts about that when the UCLA in Lincoln was at 11am

Those 11am "big games" just seem so rushed in the morning. If you go to Lincoln from Omaha and leave at 8am you are lucky to get about 1.5 hours of hanging with friends.

11am games that you meet out to watch at a bar can be a pain because so many bars will open right at 11am even here in Omaha.

I have the sense that America is really anxious for the Huskers to get back where we belong - at the top of the college football world. Each fall, even after the long drought we've suffered through the past 20 years or so, the television networks seems hopeful that real Husker power returns to the field. We see TV games being set up with the apparent expection or desire that we're back. I know I am, according to some on this Board, overly optimistic and so on. I have not been this way every season as there have about half the seasons over that time span that I was praying we could find a way to pull out 9 wins. The other half of course I was very hopeful as so many other were only to have my spirits dashed by disappointing performances at critical points. This year could certainly be the same but my gut tells me we're gonna show signs of life unlike the past several seasons.

I agree that we're likely to show signs of life. I would love to think we're going to do more, but we're probably a year or two away from that.
...or a coach or two away from that