Husker facilities, fan support put Mike Riley on level playing field with nemesis Oregon

We had three draft pics on the lines. Another few who will get looks in free agency. We have a ton of pure talent across the skill positions.It's amazing to me that people act as though this staff walked into a rebuilding job.10 wins this year is more than a reasonable expectation. It should have been obtained last year.Less than 8 wins, and I care if we give this staff the mid 90s cowboys roster; it will be clear that they aren't the answer. I would just be shocked if this team doesn't win at least 8 next year.

Lmao, he is at +4 for this post.This staff did walk into a rebuild. The cupboard was far from bare, but none of the ingredients made a pot roast anybody wanted to eat.
This is a truth some folks just don't want to hear.
What truth?

That we had good ingredients, but they weren't used properly?

Then I guess we can expect leftovers again this year too, because the new chef is still using the same cookbook.

But hey, at least we get ice cream for dessert. Yay!

• Fire 1

We had three draft pics on the lines. Another few who will get looks in free agency. We have a ton of pure talent across the skill positions.

It's amazing to me that people act as though this staff walked into a rebuilding job.

10 wins this year is more than a reasonable expectation. It should have been obtained last year.

Less than 8 wins, and I care if we give this staff the mid 90s cowboys roster; it will be clear that they aren't the answer. I would just be shocked if this team doesn't win at least 8 next year.

Lmao, he is at +4 for this post.

This staff did walk into a rebuild. The cupboard was far from bare, but none of the ingredients made a pot roast anybody wanted to eat.

This is true, but at the end of the day, only Miami, MSU and UCLA had more talent on their rosters than us.

We went 6-7. We were 1 play away from being 5-7, and we were 5 plays away from being 11-2. It's my opinion that sometimes you just get plain unlucky, but also that we shouldn't have been in position for at least a few of those 5 unlucky plays to have ever happened.

We had three draft pics on the lines. Another few who will get looks in free agency. We have a ton of pure talent across the skill positions.

It's amazing to me that people act as though this staff walked into a rebuilding job.

10 wins this year is more than a reasonable expectation. It should have been obtained last year.

Less than 8 wins, and I care if we give this staff the mid 90s cowboys roster; it will be clear that they aren't the answer. I would just be shocked if this team doesn't win at least 8 next year.

This staff did walk into a rebuild. The cupboard was far from bare, but none of the ingredients made a pot roast anybody wanted to eat.

This is true, but at the end of the day, only Miami, MSU and UCLA had more talent on their rosters than us.

We went 6-7. We were 1 play away from being 5-7, and we were 5 plays away from being 11-2. It's my opinion that sometimes you just get plain unlucky, but also that we shouldn't have been in position for at least a few of those 5 unlucky plays to have ever happened.

We had/have plenty of talent.

Under Bo, that talent was used to the best of his abilities. Capable of more just mixed averagely and lacked when needed the most.

Under Riley, what he was left with was still plenty talented. But a lot of the best players were expected to stand alone when they clearly needed help from another position.

So the whole "jump down peoples throats for saying we didn't have enough talent" BS is nothing more than a cop out. We had/have talent, but we didn't have enough across the board to make the season we wanted. And we caught a ton of bad breaks.

• Fire 1

And our great LB depth that was inherited and how similar our previous staff and this staffs personalities are as well as the schemes both run. Man, we should have won the title last year with our loaded roster

Come on you are overstating what he said....by my math a ton of players would be about 8 players / that can't be considered "loaded"

We had/have plenty of talent.

Under Bo, that talent was used to the best of his abilities. Capable of more just mixed averagely and lacked when needed the most.

Under Riley, what he was left with was still plenty talented. But a lot of the best players were expected to stand alone when they clearly needed help from another position.

So the whole "jump down peoples throats for saying we didn't have enough talent" BS is nothing more than a cop out. We had/have talent, but we didn't have enough across the board to make the season we wanted. And we caught a ton of bad breaks.

Well put!!! It would be nice to see a three year trend - before either "side" declares themselves correct. 3 years with no blowouts and a solid win loss record would be nice - 3 years with records around .500 -.600 not so nice.

We had three draft pics on the lines. Another few who will get looks in free agency. We have a ton of pure talent across the skill positions.It's amazing to me that people act as though this staff walked into a rebuilding job.10 wins this year is more than a reasonable expectation. It should have been obtained last year.Less than 8 wins, and I care if we give this staff the mid 90s cowboys roster; it will be clear that they aren't the answer. I would just be shocked if this team doesn't win at least 8 next year.

Lmao, he is at +4 for this post.This staff did walk into a rebuild. The cupboard was far from bare, but none of the ingredients made a pot roast anybody wanted to eat.
What truth?

Then I guess we can expect leftovers again this year too, because the new chef is still using the same cookbook.

Over under on you using the ice cream deal - 8. Seems like it might be time to come with something new.

What truth?

Over under on you using the ice cream deal - 8. Seems like it might be time to come with something new.

You prefer juice boxes?

Old people like to freeze/save everything, so Riley's Ice cream should last at least as long as the "bare cupboard" and "buy in" narratives did. Have they expired yet?

• Fire 1

What truth?

It's all he has.

What truth?

It's all he has.

+potato

• Fire 1

What truth?

It's all he has.

+potato

Why do you keep posting this?

Anyway, we're playing Oregon in four months. No coach in the B1G has as much experience playing the Ducks as Riley. And Oregon isn't on top of their game like they were two years ago. So there's that.

What truth?

It's all he has.

+potato

Why are you reading my posts? I thought you said you put me on ignore...or were you being dishonest about that as well?

• Fire 1

What truth?

It's all he has.

+potato

Why are you reading my posts? I thought you said you put me on ignore...or were you being dishonest about that as well?

No, I did. Just curious.

Anyway, we're playing Oregon in four months. No coach in the B1G has as much experience playing the Ducks as Riley. And Oregon isn't on top of their game like they were two years ago. So there's that.

I couldn't be more excited for this game.

The relevance they have held for the last 8 or so years is what we should have had, we have achance to make a statement.

As far as Riley goes, I doubt he lets his emotiobs get the best of him. He is experienced enough to know it's just another high profile game. That said, I'm sure he has it circled.

I hate Oregon so much. This is one of a select few series I want to win so bad. With that said, I hate the headline and premise of this article almost as much as I hate Whoregon.

I'm also pissed that my college buddy is getting married in WA the same day as this game. Why do people have to plan fall weddings. First it's the opening weekend of the CWS that is getting ruined by a WA wedding, now it's the only home game worth attending ruined by a wedding in WA. /rant

I view the slant of the article by giving the impression that all of a sudden Riley has a chance to compete against Oregon solely because he's at Nebraska and thus setting up false expectations because he's not at lowly OSU anymore. I'm sure Riley wants this win as bad as anybody, but it reminds me of the emphasis placed on the Texas game in 2010, not the same feeling, but the same - this is the team we must beat to feel like the season is a success. Like others said above, Oregon can be dog doo this year and if we beat them, then it's a "we should have beaten them," and the win is discredited. If we lose and they still suck, but we go on to win 10 games and win the west, there's a cloud hanging over the season. Good click bait for a off-season article.

Anyway, can't wait for this game. GBR