Tangent Thread - Version 5.16

Assuming the ht and weight numbers are reasonably accurate overall, then I compute this class as being about an average of 6'-21/4" tall and weighing in at about 225lbs. That's pretty good considering the number of 'big' guys (linemen types) is just 6. I don't include TEs of course. These are incoming frosh and should easily be able to add a good 25 lbs of muscle and drop 20 lbs of body fat, making one lean mean bunch within the first year certainly. With a little growth, you could find a recruiting class of 6'-3" and 235 lbs in excellent shape. This is really about the size of the linemen in the 1971 team (or bigger frankly). Bigger and stronger certainly and hopefully they retain decent speed and quickness too. I think, overall, players today are much bigger but not faster or as quick, due in part to the size difference.

What in the hell is this? The thread is about jersey numbers, not late growth spurts and how many squats and bench presses they can do to get stronger and add weight.

Tre Bryant's HS is called Christian Brothers College? That's odd.

Hey this thread is about jersey numbers of incoming freshman, not the name of their highschools!

My comment was one line. Not a long paragraph about how I added all the weights and divided to get an average size for each player, which is so irrelevant it's not even funny.

Assuming the ht and weight numbers are reasonably accurate overall, then I compute this class as being about an average of 6'-21/4" tall and weighing in at about 225lbs. That's pretty good considering the number of 'big' guys (linemen types) is just 6. I don't include TEs of course. These are incoming frosh and should easily be able to add a good 25 lbs of muscle and drop 20 lbs of body fat, making one lean mean bunch within the first year certainly. With a little growth, you could find a recruiting class of 6'-3" and 235 lbs in excellent shape. This is really about the size of the linemen in the 1971 team (or bigger frankly). Bigger and stronger certainly and hopefully they retain decent speed and quickness too. I think, overall, players today are much bigger but not faster or as quick, due in part to the size difference.

tumblr_m805oqAd5t1r1s7izo1_500.gif
  • Fire 3

What in the hell is this? The thread is about jersey numbers, not late growth spurts and how many squats and bench presses they can do to get stronger and add weight.

Yeah! How dare you try to make this about football and take this away from the fashion world of which part of our uniforms we can change to black or which numbers they might start out with...(My cousin changed his 2 or 3 times iirc and I notice they STILL haven't retired his #29 yet).

I don't even know what possessed me to click on this thread...I guess I was hoping it would be more funny.

• Fire 1

Yeah! How dare you try to make this about football and take this away from the fashion world of which part of our uniforms we can change to black or which numbers they might start out with...(My cousin changed his 2 or 3 times iirc and I notice they STILL haven't retired his #29 yet).

I don't even know what possessed me to click on this thread...I guess I was hoping it would be more funny.

Maybe it could've lived up to your expectations if we didn't start comparing the height and weight of the 2017 class versus 1971.

MattyIce, if you want a measuring contest with 84HuskerLaw, take it to the Woodshed. The Football Forum is not the place for personal beefs.

• Fire 1
So RDR has finally admitted he is cm's best bud/doppelganger.

Is this one of those "us against them" thing that all Nebraska Cornhusker fans claim to hate so much?...

CM Husker and Red Dead Redemption don't seem to subscribe to the prevalent groupthink, so you guys feel obligated to take any thread and make it about what you think about them. Classy.

And why is that?? I though nobody cared for "Us against The World" mentality readily identified with and found reprehensible in HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED. Yet now it seems it is being embraced and perfected by so many here...to the point that Vincent Valentine was excoriated by more than a few for trading in his Senior year and going in the 3rd round to the Patriots and a $600k paycheck. Because he dared to desert his "fans"? Same with Williams...same with Kenny Bell...so on... and so forth...

Shakespeare said, "All is yellow to the jaundiced eye." He nailed it. So is anyone up to changing their name to...oh, I don't know, maybe something like "C N Yellow"?

• Fire 1

No dude, it's because RDR goes out of his way to troll people who disagree with cm.

And cm is so blatantly biased he will go on a rant to make a point, but when you can use his logic to prove a seperate point he claims you are calling our team untalented or that we are sunshine pumpers or we are biased etc etc.

I'm over it all. If I engage cm now, it's only going to be in a civil manner. I won't be engaging RDR at all.

• Fire 2