***2016 Game Visitors***

247 composite rankings

Iowa is 22nd with 16 commits

Nebraska is 27th with 14 commits.

Nebraska's average rating is 86.58 1- 5 :star 2- 4 :star 13-3 :star

Iowa's average rating is 86.42 0-5 :star 4-4 :star 10-3 :star

They are 5 spots higher than us simply because they have two more recruits. I fail to see how Iowa has a better class than us right now. Yes, they have a 5 star player. But, I would rather have a better average across the board...which we do.

So...yes...they might have a higher percentage from a 500 mile radius. But, on average we have a higher level of player than them. I'll gladly have our class instead of theirs.

I think you have your labels on the average rating and stars backwards.

Ahhh....yes....it's corrected. Thanks.

247 composite rankings

Iowa is 22nd with 16 commits

Nebraska is 27th with 14 commits.

Iowa's average rating is 86.42 1- 5 :star 2- 4 :star 13-3 :star

Nebraska's average rating is 86.58 0-5 :star 4-4 :star 10-3 :star

They are 5 spots higher than us simply because they have two more recruits. I fail to see how Iowa has a better class than us right now. Yes, they have a 5 star player. But, I would rather have a better average across the board...which we do.

So...yes...they might have a higher percentage from a 500 mile radius. But, on average we have a higher level of player than them. I'll gladly have our class instead of theirs.

This is very odd. When I look at 247 on my phone, it agrees with your rankings.

When I follow the link on the computer: http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/TeamRankings, it lists NU at 34th and Iowa at 17th.

EDIT: Never mind, one is composite versus the other being 247's rankings. 247 ranks Iowa much higher than the other services, apparently. In fact, the spread of 7 spots between composite and proprietary rankings appears to be among the highest within the top 50 classes.

But anyway, my point was never that we should trade classes with them. It's that we should be aiming to take down half of their top half of players for the reasons that I already stated.

But anyway, my point was never that we should trade classes with them. It's that we should be aiming to take down half of their top half of players for the reasons that I already stated.

That's great, if they improve our class, I'd love to have them too.

Our average rating is 86.58. Iowa has 5 players above that rating and 4 are from 500 miles of Lincoln. I'd love to have all 4.

PS....yes.....Iowa only has 5 players committed that is above our average rating.

That's great, if they improve our class, I'd love to have them too.

Our average rating is 86.58. Iowa has 5 players above that rating and 4 are from 500 miles of Lincoln. I'd love to have all 4.

PS....yes.....Iowa only has 5 players committed that is above our average rating.

Even 2 of those 4 would be great. It would put a hit on Iowa, as well as bolster our class with players who are historically less likely to suffer attrition at the rate of kids further from Lincoln.

I think we are in agreement that this staff can and should continue to recruit the 500 mile radius hard. That will take some time as most of them had few ties in the region prior to their arrival.

I was kind of afraid the game time might make this weekend fizzle out.

Decent amount of visitors but very few that aren't already committed here. If Radley-Hiles doesn't make it, it'll almost be a bust.

That stinks when this weekend will be the best atmosphere. Of course....if the unthinkable happens and we get blown out (No, I don't think that will happen) we will be glad they are coming for a different game.

One more thing. It's interesting that so many have switched to the Illinois game and that's also a 2:30 start.

I'm actually kind of wondering if the coaches didn't try to push some guys later. Hutch said that outright and KJJ's "emergency" several days before the game seems a bit odd. I wonder if the coaches wanted to not have any more recruits than they had to have to focus on the game.

Just a thought.

Could be that. Could also be that they feel it's better to be a later visit so you're fresh in the recruits mind and get the last word, so to speak. Osborne used to talk about the struggle of both travel times and figuring out if a winter visit (w/o game) was a better strategy than early game visits.

With today's recruiting tempo, that's an even harder cal.

• Fire 1