***2016 Game Visitors***

• 1 month later...

Updated the OP with the following that are somewhat confirmed. I went through the three major sites to see what they had listed. I took out the guys who have committed to other schools until we're for sure they're still going to visit. I think Gebbia is visiting twice - not sure which one is the OV. And I left off the 2018 guys for now as their plans are more subject to change.

Fresno State - September 3
Tristan Gebbia - QB - :star :star :star :star - N
Avery Roberts - LB - :star :star :star :star - N
Addison Gumbs - LB - :star :star :star :star
Darnay Holmes - CB - :star :star :star :star :star

Wyoming - September 10

Oregon - September 17
Keyshawn Johnson - WR - :star :star :star :star - N
Jaevon McQuitty - WR - :star :star :star :star - N
Joseph Lewis - WR - :star :star :star :star :star
Jamire Calvin - WR - :star :star :star
Ben Hutch - DT - :star :star :star
Martin Andrus - DE - :star :star :star :star
Jaylon Redd - CB - :star :star :star :star
TraJon Cotton - DB - :star :star :star

Illinois - October 1
Jamari Peacock - RB - :star :star :star
Rahyme Johnson - LB - :star :star :star :star

Purdue - October 22

Minnesota - November 12

Maryland - November 19

Edited by Mavric
  • Fire 2

Updated the OP with the following that are somewhat confirmed. I went through the three major sites to see what they had listed. I took out the guys who have committed to other schools until we're for sure they're still going to visit. I think Gebbia is visiting twice - not sure which one is the OV. And I left off the 2018 guys for now as their plans are more subject to change.

Fresno State - September 3

Avery Roberts - LB - :star :star :star :star - N

Addison Gumbs - LB - :star :star :star :star

Darnay Holmes - CB - :star :star :star :star :star

Wyoming - September 10

Oregon - September 17

Keyshawn Johnson - WR - :star :star :star :star - N

Jaevon McQuitty - WR - :star :star :star :star - N

Joseph Lewis - WR - :star :star :star :star :star

Jamire Calvin - WR - :star :star :star

Ben Hutch - DT - :star :star :star

Martin Andrus - DE - :star :star :star :star

Jaylon Redd - CB - :star :star :star :star

TraJon Cotton - DB - :star :star :star

Illinois - October 1

Jamari Peacock - RB - :star :star :star

Rahyme Johnson - LB - :star :star :star :star

Purdue - October 22

Minnesota - November 12

Maryland - November 19

Darnay has stated as of recent that he is planning to attend Fresno and Oregon games I believe. Is that correct?

Darnay has stated as of recent that he is planning to attend Fresno and Oregon games I believe. Is that correct?

He has talked about that but I'm not sure if it's set up yet.

We've usually only tracked the official visits. But if some guys make two trips, we'll probably list them somehow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Asked this in a couple other places but:

this is more of a general question but if a guy like McQuitty who is from Columbia, MO takes an OV to UNL do we buy him a plane ticket from Columbia to Lincoln? Or does he drive on his own? If he drives on his own do we re-imburse the family for gas? Always wondered how this stuff worked especially with guys who would potentially get here faster driving than flying

What is the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit?

Any visit to a college campus by a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents paid for by the college is an official visit. Visits paid for by college-bound student-athletes or their parents are unofficial visits.
During an official visit the college can pay for transportation to and from the college for the prospect, lodging and three meals per day for both the prospect and the parent or guardian, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.
The only expenses a college-bound student-athlete may receive from a college during an unofficial visit are three tickets to a home sports event.

Link

So I think the school can pay for any transportation, not only a flight.

What is the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit?

Any visit to a college campus by a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents paid for by the college is an official visit. Visits paid for by college-bound student-athletes or their parents are unofficial visits.
During an official visit the college can pay for transportation to and from the college for the prospect, lodging and three meals per day for both the prospect and the parent or guardian, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.
The only expenses a college-bound student-athlete may receive from a college during an unofficial visit are three tickets to a home sports event.

Link

So I think the school can pay for any transportation, not only a flight.

Thanks Mav, so then I would assume it is up to the family whether they want to fly or drive and the university pays either way. I do love that parent(s) can be paid for now. Seems like it might help us with Darnay this weeknd if he winds up making it