Gun Control

2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I mean it would be the wild west. The good samaritan could shoot an innnocent on accident. A good samaritan coukd start shooting the bad guy and then another good samaritan could shoot the giy who shot the bad guu thinking hes the bad guy. These shootings are high stress situations and extrememly chaotic. Youre acting like these untrained people would be able to save the day when in rrality it would probably make the situation worse than it already is. 

So you've got some bad guy walking into a soft target and he starts shooting. Then the good guys with guns shoot back. The people who don't have bizarro gun fantasies who just want to live their lives in a setting without more guns than citizens are all ducking for cover, hoping not to get hit by a stray bullet.

Then the police show up. How do they know who the good guys with guns are? Do they just shoot everyone with a gun and sort it out afterwards?

• Plus1 1

I mean it would be the wild west. The good samaritan could shoot an innnocent on accident. A good samaritan coukd start shooting the bad guy and then another good samaritan could shoot the giy who shot the bad guu thinking hes the bad guy. These shootings are high stress situations and extrememly chaotic. Youre acting like these untrained people would be able to save the day when in rrality it would probably make the situation worse than it already is. 

No I am advocating for these people to be trained not untrained. Heck if that is the hiccup allow former law enforcement and military to be granted special conceal carry permits after going through psych eval etc. if that makes you more comfortable. 

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

No I am advocating for these people to be trained not untrained. Heck if that is the hiccup allow former law enforcement and military to be granted special conceal carry permits after going through psych eval etc. if that makes you more comfortable. 

Trained shooters miss their targets too.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So you've got some bad guy walking into a soft target and he starts shooting. Then the good guys with guns shoot back. The people who don't have bizarro gun fantasies who just want to live their lives in a setting without more guns than citizens are all ducking for cover, hoping not to get hit by a stray bullet.

Then the police show up. How do they know who the good guys with guns are? Do they just shoot everyone with a gun and sort it out afterwards?

Exactly

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The average response time for the police nationally is 10 minutes. My hunch is it would be over well before that timer hits 10:00. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, knapplc said:

I'm sure that will make it OK for the parents of a high school kid killed by a good guy with a gun who missed just once out of 20 shots.

Is that better than just letting the shooter kill exponentially more? You talk about decreasing the number of fatalities from AR15's so on average we are at 15 a year. If it takes it to single digits is that better? 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You dont think this is already happening. Im sure at least one person had a gun in that store. The problem is if a person who is trained to shoot a gun, but not trained for this situation freeze. Even trained officers freeze in these types of situations. They cant control their sympathetic nervous system.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

It's concerning that you're putting this much thought into this fantasy.

It isn't a fantasy. I know several people that hold conceal carrys and carry all the time. It isnt a fantasy it is simply refusing to be a sheep up for slaughter. 

1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

You dont think this is already happening. Im sure at least one person had a gun in that store. The problem is if a person who is trained to shoot a gun, but not trained for this situation freeze. Even trained officers freeze in these types of situations. They cant control their sympathetic nervous system.

It is against store policy at King Soopers to have a gun. I am assuming all law abiding citizens followed that directive. 

• Plus1 2

The cop supposed to be guarding Stoneman Douglas froze. I think he's the one who told other police not to go into the school.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Is that better than just letting the shooter kill exponentially more? You talk about decreasing the number of fatalities from AR15's so on average we are at 15 a year. If it takes it to single digits is that better? 

To me, it's worth 15 people a year not being shot by AR15s to outlaw that gun. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It isn't a fantasy. I know several people that hold conceal carrys and carry all the time. It isnt a fantasy it is simply refusing to be a sheep up for slaughter. 

It is against store policy at King Soopers to have a gun. I am assuming all law abiding citizens followed that directive. 

Does king soopers have a door person patting people down? I would bet $1,00,000 that at least one person was conceal carrying in that store.