Gun Control

This should, by anti-gunner's standards, guarantee a bloodbath

Uh, no. This might come as a surprise to you but we already have guns, there's not a constant bloodbath, and nobody is claiming there is. That doesn't mean things can't be improved. By your terrible logic, if there were no guns no one would ever die. Things aren't black and white.

Maybe you should say what you're thinking instead of being vague. Tell me, what demographics that exist in Chicago, which would upset the "Dems and liberals," cause gun violence.

Unemployed, uneducated young black men that come from broken families and join gangs to sell drugs and commit other crimes...but if you even casually looked at any facts, you already knew that, didn't you? :B)

I guess what you didn't know was I have no qualms about stating the obvious.

By your terrible logic, if there were no guns no one would ever die. Things aren't black and white.

Uhhmm, that's not my terrible logic, the sole ownership of that sort of thinking belongs to the idiots presently sitting on the House floor. But I readily concede it is terrible logic, but how do we convince the Democrats of this???

Maybe you should say what you're thinking instead of being vague. Tell me, what demographics that exist in Chicago, which would upset the "Dems and liberals," cause gun violence.

Unemployed, uneducated young black men that come from broken families and join gangs to sell drugs and commit other crimes...but if you even casually looked at any facts, you already knew that, didn't you? :B)

I guess what you didn't know was I have no qualms about stating the obvious.

There are facts and then there are facts worth noting. The proportion of Blacks who commit violent crimes is higher than the proportion of Whites who commit violent crimes. But you have to be an idiot if that's the statistic you're using. You also have to be an idiot if you look at the total (which would tell you more Whites commit violent crimes than Blacks). The two statistics are equally idiotic and not useful in telling us anything.

When taking into account socioeconomic status there's no correlation between race and crime.

The rest of your statement is probably valid. The unemployed/uneducated/broken families part.

By your terrible logic, if there were no guns no one would ever die. Things aren't black and white.

Uhhmm, that's not my terrible logic, the sole ownership of that sort of thinking belongs to the idiots presently sitting on the House floor. But I readily concede it is terrible logic, but how do we convince the Democrats of this???

No, it doesn't.

do most of us here at least agree the CDC should be able to conduct in-depth, analytical research into gun violence?

No, and here's why:

First, gang banging and jihad are not diseases, they are crimes. Second, we as a country are deep in debt and we don't have any extra money to spend on more pork barrel grants and studies. Lastly, everybody who cares already knows the root causes for violence...of ALL types.

because that's a stupid ass made up correlation in your head

So you are saying "more guns = more violence" is a "stupid ass made up correlation?"...in that case I happen to agree with you big time.

What you posted provides no causality whatsoever.

do most of us here at least agree the CDC should be able to conduct in-depth, analytical research into gun violence?

No, and here's why:

First, gang banging and jihad are not diseases, they are crimes. Second, we as a country are deep in debt and we don't have any extra money to spend on more pork barrel grants and studies. Lastly, everybody who cares already knows the root causes for violence...of ALL types.

The CDC studies more than "diseases." Is this is a serious statement?

Second, we as a country spend millions of dollars on things we don't need to spending money on. I think allowing government funded research to study one of the deadliest issues in America is well worth the time, or doe the 6300+ lives we've lost to gun violence mean nothing to you?

Third, what's your solution?

• Fire 1

No, it doesn't.

It most definitely is, but you go with whatever floats your boat on this topic.

Nobody on the House floor thinks getting rid of guns would prevent all deaths. Nobody on the House floor thinks anywhere there's a gun results in a bloodbath. Everything you've said here is just completely made up. You're almost up there with the guy who thinks abortion causes gun violence.

How do they study it with no money to do so?

I'm not sure the Dems and liberals really want the CDC to study gun violence. They might find out that there is more of a cause / effect link between certain demographics and groups. rather than the guns and laws that apply to them.

Take Chicago, for instance...

Ha, I'm sorry. I had to spit out my figurative coffee that I'm not really drinking.

I thought you were seriously making the suggestion that the CDC's lack of research on gun violence might be because Democrats don't want them to.

What you posted provides no causality whatsoever.

But it made my point that more guns don't equal more crime, and more gun laws will not equal less crime. Let's not focus on the minutiae in order to avoid confronting the obvious here, okay?

You're almost up there with the guy who thinks abortion causes gun violence.

...and you (and a couple of others here) are a predisposed victim hoping that if we disarm everybody else you can hide in a sea of other victims in waiting and that would be fair. As it is now, you are voluntarily abrogating your right and duty to self defense for you and for those around you, and that no doubt impacts your self esteem and gives you a little twinge of guilt that you don't have the courage or won't make the effort to protect yourself and others.

There, enough for one night. We all have something to think about and I am sure my opinions and ideas will be valued at the same level as I hold those of the dissenting side of the debate.

I thought you were seriously making the suggestion that the CDC's lack of research on gun violence might be because Democrats don't want them to.

Democrats call the shots in Chicago, NYC, and California, where they spend money like drunken sailors. You don't see them spending money on such studies when there is nobody to stop them, do you?