In my view, Tanner Lee just seems like an last minute 'impulse' buy if you will. I just don't see the staff offering a bunch of other Tanner Lee caliber QBs this year and really have to wonder why he projects to be so much better than a Bush or Fyfe or the top QB out of Nebraska this year or last year? Admittedly, I have not studied up on him that much but he was at Tulane (not exactly a powerhouse by any measure) and presumably if he had been a top rated QB in H.S. we'd have heard about it already. He may turn out to be a fine Husker and I certainly hope so but it troubles me that so many on here seem to feel POB and Bush and any others already on the team or that may be freshmen next year are so inadequate. The main reason seems to be that because he has some experience at Tulane after sitting out a year.

Why redshirt POB if he is the future. We already suffered through a losing season with a returning starter. What kind of team will we expect to have if Tanner Lee is the expected starter without a single snap of Husker game experience? I dare say nobody will be projecting Lee to be one of the best in the conference. We should be ALWAYS returning somebody with a fair amount of actual game experience unless we are talking about the next superstar QB (I don't see him signed up yet).

In my view, Tanner Lee just seems like an last minute 'impulse' buy if you will. I just don't see the staff offering a bunch of other Tanner Lee caliber QBs this year and really have to wonder why he projects to be so much better than a Bush or Fyfe or the top QB out of Nebraska this year or last year? Admittedly, I have not studied up on him that much but he was at Tulane (not exactly a powerhouse by any measure) and presumably if he had been a top rated QB in H.S. we'd have heard about it already. He may turn out to be a fine Husker and I certainly hope so but it troubles me that so many on here seem to feel POB and Bush and any others already on the team or that may be freshmen next year are so inadequate. The main reason seems to be that because he has some experience at Tulane after sitting out a year.

Why redshirt POB if he is the future. We already suffered through a losing season with a returning starter. What kind of team will we expect to have if Tanner Lee is the expected starter without a single snap of Husker game experience? I dare say nobody will be projecting Lee to be one of the best in the conference. We should be ALWAYS returning somebody with a fair amount of actual game experience unless we are talking about the next superstar QB (I don't see him signed up yet).

Regarding Lee, I think he will be an ok fall-back option in 2017 if POB, Bush, or Gebbia don't beat him out. Is it ideal? Not really, but he is another option and gives competition at the QB spot. If POB does win the #1 job in 2017, I think having Lee as a "veteran backup" is only a positive. Gebbia would be allowed to redshirt in 2017.

I don't have an issue with POB redshirting in 2016. If he is way behind the current QB's on the roster and is the 3rd or 4th best guy, why waste a year of eligibility and play him? The only situation where playing POB would be a positive this year is if the season starts out so poorly that Riley doesn't care about the 2016 results and throws POB to the wolves.

I think the Tanner Lee recruitment -( if there was such a thing and he just didn't pop the question of Riley and Riley, in a bit of a panic attack at thinking he might not have a good QB ready in year 2) - was a little unnerving for me. I would just be shocked and surprised if Lee is 'all that' and if he turns out to be an average pro style QB with an average arm and slow feet, we will suffer through way too many sacks and punts. We will really be an average offense without great QB play. That I am convinced of and while we need to QB to 'game manage' he must also make a difference. Another R. Fyfe is not needed. I'd take my chances with AJ Bush who reminds me of a shiftier J. Lord. He'd make a great WR or even big play tight end. I know we have loads of talent but he's tall and fast. I bet he can get deep pretty well.

Few people, if anyone, are suggesting Lee is or will be 'all that.' He simply adds depth/experience to the most important position on the field. He also battled injuries his last playing season that would have a detrimental impact on any quarterback.

The apprehension surrounding the staff bringing him here and his potential as a starter seems based in tinfoil hat fears rather than anything substantive.

• Fire 1

I don't think it's at all fair to say that Tommy "is who he is" for the simple reason that the mistakes he made as a freshman, which were typical of a first year player, are not indicative of what he would have done as a JR or this year as a senior if he and his teammates hadn't had to go through a fundamental change in systems.

Here's something interesting. Peyton manning threw 20 tds and 12 picks as junior. Even the great ones don't always post very good numbers. Especially in this type of antiquated system.

​I don't mean to put Tanner Lee down and I have said that I hope he turns out to be much better than it would seem based on the facts and circumstances of his past, etc. But, for me, I would much rather see another Nebraska kid get a chance to be on the team as the projected / planned 3rd string / back up QB.

AJ Bush seems to have some skills and I would hope can atleast be that back up guy. He will have been in the system and taking practice snaps for a couple years. He certainly gives us some great running skills. He shows to be a serious threat. I wouldn't mind seeing him catch a few passes. He is a real 'slasher' with excellent speed. He can break one for 40 or more I am sure.