2017 Season

Tommy - senior starter

Ryker - senior back up

Patrick - freshman redshirting 2017

Tanner - junior transfer redshirting 2017, 2 years eligibility remaining

Tristan - high school senior for 2017, redshirt in "18",

My best guess:

Tommy will continue to amaze us with his great runs and will continue to frustrate us with his lack of ability to check down and see open guys. He will therefore under utilize his receivers and will struggle with correct footwork in the pocket. His improvement will be there from last season but it will be minor.

Next year Tanner Lee will start with O'Brien getting mop up duties. In 2018 It will be a battle between O'Brien and Gebbia, barring injury. Whether Gebbia starts or not will largely depend on his ability to hold up with his small frame or his progress in weight gain and strength gains at that time.

Did Lee get a 6th year? If it hasn't been decided yet, any ideas on when it will be? I'm not sure if he has to wait until his eligibility runs out to even apply.

My understanding was that Tanner was at his previous school for 2 years but did not RS. He will burn the RS sitting out after the transfer and have 2 years to play for the Huskers. If he did use a RS there he would still have 2 years after sitting in 2017. He would have 2018 and 2019 to compete as a Husker.

2016: All things are trending up as for as Tommy goes. He was used very effectively in the bowl game and effective running carried over in the spring game. The quotes post Manning Camp were music to my ears. If he really can make a giant leap in check downs and not forcing the ball, we will be in a position to win most games.

2017: Let us not rule out AJ Bush in this conversation. He is regarded as having one of the strongest arms on the roster and will have two years in this system. Being Lee is the prototypical QB Riley has coached all along and looking at POB and TG, I'd bet Lee is our starter next year; however, it will be an exciting spring!

2017 Season

Tommy - senior starter

Ryker - senior back up

Patrick - freshman redshirting 2017

Tanner - junior transfer redshirting 2017, 2 years eligibility remaining

Tristan - high school senior for 2017, redshirt in "18",

My best guess:

Tommy will continue to amaze us with his great runs and will continue to frustrate us with his lack of ability to check down and see open guys. He will therefore under utilize his receivers and will struggle with correct footwork in the pocket. His improvement will be there from last season but it will be minor.

Next year Tanner Lee will start with O'Brien getting mop up duties. In 2018 It will be a battle between O'Brien and Gebbia, barring injury. Whether Gebbia starts or not will largely depend on his ability to hold up with his small frame or his progress in weight gain and strength gains at that time.

Did Lee get a 6th year? If it hasn't been decided yet, any ideas on when it will be? I'm not sure if he has to wait until his eligibility runs out to even apply.

My understanding was that Tanner was at his previous school for 2 years but did not RS. He will burn the RS sitting out after the transfer and have 2 years to play for the Huskers. If he did use a RS there he would still have 2 years after sitting in 2017. He would have 2018 and 2019 to compete as a Husker.

"Lee, who expects to get a sixth year of eligibility that will keep him at Nebraska through 2018, has a starter’s mindset."

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/transfer-qb-tanner-lee-can-t-play-until-but-he/article_b6789867-2523-554c-8402-cba2fc8ebe6a.html

2016- a slightly improved TA

2017- veteran tanner Lee steps in with young wr core around him and has a solid year.

2018- gebbia takes the over after a redshirt year.

Our qbs are definitely trending in a positive direction. 2017 we will get to truly see what offense Riley wants to run at DONU

^^^

No O'Brien???

That didn't last long....

All kidding aside, I hope we have a bench full of adequate D1 talent (which it appears we may be trending in that direction) and the coaches are able to pick the very best one to help the team be successful. I really don't have an opinion as to who it is, or what his strength is; I just want the best option out there to help the team win.

Hate to see some transfers down the road. Your only one injury away from playing. Will be interesting to watch.

having transfers is a good thing because it means that we are strong 3 deep. Usually the 2nd string doesn't transfer unless there is a conflict with staff, team culture, location or potential transfer is 5 star quality wanting a chance to make a run as a Heisman or championship leader.