1000 yard wide receiver for first time?

Does Nebraska have a 1000 yard wide receiver this year for first time in school history? I say probably not. Too many good options for one player to pile up the yardage, especially with, and if DPE is back and healthy. Plus, Riley may lean more heavily on run game as did against UCLA.

He may, but he won't. Why, why does this keep coming up?! UCLA was an ANOMALY because of UCLA's inability to defend the rush. They didn't just all of a sudden say "hey, I think I wanna run the ball.". They ran the ball because of the weakness of the defense. Langsdorf is on record saying that they attack a defenses weakness. In the Big10, those weaknesses are usually against the pass. Unless you are Indiana or Purdue.

Does Nebraska have a 1000 yard wide receiver this year for first time in school history? I say probably not. Too many good options for one player to pile up the yardage, especially with, and if DPE is back and healthy. Plus, Riley may lean more heavily on run game as did against UCLA.

He may, but he won't. Why, why does this keep coming up?! UCLA was an ANOMALY because of UCLA's inability to defend the rush. They didn't just all of a sudden say "hey, I think I wanna run the ball.". They ran the ball because of the weakness of the defense. Langsdorf is on record saying that they attack a defenses weakness. In the Big10, those weaknesses are usually against the pass. Unless you are Indiana or Purdue.

Remind me why it was such a good idea for NU to pass the ball so much against Purdue with a backup QB last year? Oh yeah, Purdue was NU's toughest opponent last year, according to some posters on here.

• Fire 1

Remind me why it was such a good idea for NU to pass the ball so much against Purdue with a backup QB last year? Oh yeah, Purdue was NU's toughest opponent last year, according to some posters on here.

That's kind of my point. Wasn't that the game where Langs just said "It just wasn't working" in regard to the run game?

It's that kind of mentality that makes me think this staff will be incapable of breaking through.

The problem isn't that we tried to pass a million times on Purdue with a backup QB. The problem is we should be ABLE to pass on Purdue a million times with a backup QB if we want to.

If anyone wants to see an absolute tar and featheting in 2016, watch Purdue @ Nebraska this year.

That's kind of my point. Wasn't that the game where Langs just said "It just wasn't working" in regard to the run game?

It's that kind of mentality that makes me think this staff will be incapable of breaking through.

Yeah, in his post-game presser he was asked something about going away from the running game. His response was something to the effect of "we'd gain two yards then lose a yard then gain a yard then lose two yards" As if we were basically going nowhere every other play. But you look at the stats and we only had two or three negative rushing attempts.