A man you can bait with a Tweet

Sheriff David Clarke backs up stupid with more stupid.

Honestly, in another life, it would be alarming that so many awful, aggressively stupid people flock around Trump in droves. It's got Dunning-Kruger effect written all over it.

If you don't know, Dunning-Kruger refers to the phenomenon in which people with the lowest cognitive ability have a greatly inflated sense of their own ability. I.e., they think they're a lot smarter than they are & don't have the self-awareness to realize they're actually incompetent.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Sheriff David Clarke backs up stupid with more stupid.

Honestly, in another life, it would be alarming that so many awful, aggressively stupid people flock around Trump in droves. It's got Dunning-Kruger effect written all over it.

If you don't know, Dunning-Kruger refers to the phenomenon in which people with the lowest cognitive ability have a greatly inflated sense of their own ability. I.e., they think they're a lot smarter than they are & don't have the self-awareness to realize they're actually incompetent.

he doesn't care of it's true or not.   it fits his narrative so he posts it.

3 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Seriously - dude's having a mental break (IMHO).  Must be some new indictments or other news soon to come out.

I went to his feed to read them.  I'm becoming so numb to his idiotic twitter rants that after reading 2 or 3, my eyes just gloss over.  The moment I read, "fake news media" my mind just turns off.

Serious question, because I'm in the same boat as you two.

What is the best way for people like us to combat so,pmebody as unhinged and utterly shameless as this guy? The lack of shame makes it really hard because he can't be shamed into abiding by norms or acting ethically. It's hard to combat a guy who doesn't care AT ALL whether what he's saying is true, only whether it advances his agenda.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/948213547380756480

Edited by dudeguyy

maybe this belongs in the taking credit where none is due thread but trump just took credit for no airline fatalities this year thanks to his control.   

funny thing is.....this makes it 8 or 9 years in a row that there have been no fatalities on commercial airlines.   i don't recall obama ever having to crow about all those safe years but he didn't need a pat on the head and thats a good boy from the people to feel good about himself.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielreed/2016/12/28/in-the-last-7-years-you-were-more-likely-to-be-run-over-by-a-car-than-to-die-in-an-airline-crash/#72d5a8b4428a

The last time anyone died on a U.S.-certificated scheduled airline was Feb. 12, 2009, when Colgan Air Flight 3407, operating as a Continental Connection flight between Continental’s hub at Newark, N.J. and Buffal0, N.Y,  went into an aerodynamic stall short of the runway at Buffalo. It fell to the ground in Clarence Center, N.Y., All 49 people onboard, plus one person on the ground, died in the crash.

Edited by commando
  • Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Serious question, because I'm in the same boat as you two.

What is the best way for people like us to combat so,pmebody as unhinged and utterly shameless as this guy? The lack of shame makes it really hard because he can't be shamed into abiding by norms or acting ethically. It's hard to combat a guy who doesn't care AT ALL whether what he's saying is true, only whether it advances his agenda.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/948213547380756480

I think we have to look at what we can control and that's at a local level.  I personally try to do a min of one initiative a week, whether that be calling, writing, emailing my HOR on an issue.  Sending post cards to POTUS or VPOTUS.  Thank yous (though there have been few) to those who have done the right thing.  I need to get back into posting some of those resources here - may not ever get looked at but if it makes it easier for a person to do something they otherwise wouldn't have gotten around to it's worth it.  We have to remind those speaking for us that they do, and let them know what we expect.  

Have you been to a town hall meeting for your rep yet?  Visited one of their local offices?  Make that a goal for 2018.  

Have you checked into local groups you can be involved with?  My town has a very active group that has multiple subgroups working on issues (raising min wage, getting more dems to win primaries and elections, getting more women in elections, healthcare focus, NN focus etc)  It's nice to rub elbows with some bright folks, and selfishly it gives me great relief to know that there are a TON of people engaged to do good right now.

And lastly - faith.  In Mueller and others and in our systems as a whole.    Shoot knowing you guys here are focused helps me find some comfort.