Athlon: Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2016

We have no way to get where we want to be... and anyone who's claiming we will improve in 3 or 4 years is full of it. There's absolutely no way to know where we are headed from here.

Two, maybe three, of those sentences contradict each other.

That's a Husker Psycho hallmark.

The name fits perfectly. Mike Riley is anything but dysfunctional. BP was dysfunctional.

Don't you dare try to put words in my mouth mister...

I said the "program"... I did not mention any particular person.

If you're going to quote me you better quote what I said... not some BS you made up.

Don't ever try to pull that on me again.

Revisionist history continues unbounded, I see.

(pssst! You forgot to mention anything factually incorrect or revisionist in my post!)

You want to retread that ground again?

Point is, third party perception is that NU fans are particularly loony.

Other fans may be too but I guess they have intelligent people running the AD and keeping fans out of it because NU is the only program to fire two .700 coaches who weren't involved in scandals.

Perception is, NU is not an ideal spot. I'd rank it at best between 15th and 30th best job in the country right now.

“I think they could be better on offense, but they need another recruiting class or two to get their guys on the field. The problem with that is it’s Nebraska and they just ran the last guy out for winning nine games a year.”

I wasn't under the impression of this comment being a dig at NU. I actually thought because of the wording that it was a statement of expectations at NU.

He said the problem with needing more recruiting classes is that NU had ran out the last guy for winning 9 games a year. Meaning, is NU willing to wait for Riley to get his guys? Obviously I think so.

I really think this quote came from someone like Chryst or maybe Fitz. I definitely don't think it was a dig. In my eyes. Total compliment toward the expectations in Lincoln.

I'd bet it was Urban Meyer. His reaction to us firing his buddy Bo was "You're kidding me". So this seems right in line with that.

Also, we were pretty good offensively last year, but compared to tOSU...

That was my thought too considering his comments about why he didn't want the NU job after Solich was fired. But as Chamberlin's post mentions, consistent-9-win firings would occur at most schools that have a similar successful history as NU, and thats even if the coach was a "nice" guy. If it actually was Meyer, all he has to do is look at OSU's history. Meyer would not survive at OSU with 7 years of consistent-9-win seasons.

I like that they do this, I find it very interesting.

The "Teardown" thing burns more than the firing comment. Esp. since I was given the impression by this staff they wouldn't do that.

When did the staff ever give that impression? That was a notion made up by fans-including myself, wrongly of course-who thought we had the talent and enough coaching experience coming in in a weak division to easily sustain a 9/10 win consistency. Esp since years of previous 9 wins were a lot of times a lucky result of erratic and poorly coached football. But we ignored the shitshow of emotions left behind. We ignored the impacts of dramatic changes schematically on both sides of the ball. And we ignored 3-4 previous years of absolute sh#t roster mngmnt which is just no raring its ugly head. Sure the coaches maybe thought it themselves, until they got here and realized how much of a mental case this team was left in. Maybe it wasnt intended to be a rebuild, but it quickly transpired into one.

• Fire 3

We have no way to get where we want to be... and anyone who's claiming we will improve in 3 or 4 years is full of it. There's absolutely no way to know where we are headed from here.

Two, maybe three, of those sentences contradict each other.

That's a Husker Psycho hallmark.

The name fits perfectly. Mike Riley is anything but dysfunctional. BP was dysfunctional.

Don't you dare try to put words in my mouth mister...

I said the "program"... I did not mention any particular person.

If you're going to quote me you better quote what I said... not some BS you made up.

Don't ever try to pull that on me again.

You need to reread your #14 and 17 posts. Don't just read the part quoted in this post.

The "Teardown" thing burns more than the firing comment. Esp. since I was given the impression by this staff they wouldn't do that.

When did the staff ever give that impression? That was a notion made up by fans-including myself, wrongly of course-who thought we had the talent and enough coaching experience coming in in a weak division to easily sustain a 9/10 win consistency. Esp since years of previous 9 wins were a lot of times a lucky result of erratic and poorly coached football. But we ignored the shitshow of emotions left behind. We ignored the impacts of dramatic changes schematically on both sides of the ball. And we ignored 3-4 previous years of absolute sh#t roster mngmnt which is just no raring its ugly head. Sure the coaches maybe thought it themselves, until they got here and realized how much of a mental case this team was left in. Maybe it wasnt intended to be a rebuild, but it quickly transpired into one.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/bs2.gif

Eichorst didn't seem to think it was......until his highly experienced at .500 seasons hire turned it into one.

• Fire 2

I think it's like when you want to remodel a house that looks pretty good on the surface, but then you discover black mold in the basement.

.......or

you hire a .500 coach and wonder why we went .500.

Sometimes a spade is a spade.

Guess we should have kept Frank Solich.

Whose HC record is very close to Riley's.

Sometimes context is everything.

• Fire 1