"You have a right to be believed"-The Clinton Women

Go back and look at US history then, result is the same: Hillary and the current Democratic party is NOT ultra-liberal as you claim. Strong case that Hillary is right of center.

Or maybe the goal of the "left" is to make the current US more like the 1950-1970 US. That time period you might label as super-ultra-liberal. And also arguably the strongest the US has been (aka dominant superpower status).

Yes, today in America, you have two choices: right, or more right. The Democratic Party has made it clear they are no caretakers of the left.

Here's another nice thing about Trump - a lot of people are jumping over him for this wounded vets PTSD/suicide speech today. In context it actually kind of sounded like he was trying to be considerate and well-meaning and it came across wrong.

I think it's well deserved. It fits neatly into Trump's simple-minded mantra where only strength and only winners are respected, and is a particularly poignant display of why that mentality is not only wrong, it's harmful. Yes, he intended to be well meaning, but only by reinforcing that in Trump's world anything perceivable as "weakness" is not to be respected.

It's a further demonstration how removed from the military experience this man actually is -- a man whose campaign nonetheless loudly insists that "we will rebuild America's military", that their foreign policy boils down to a show of "American strength", and that there's nothing about the existing international order they won't put on a negotiating table.

So, yeah, I think the criticism here is very well placed.

How many deferments did Donald get for like, being flat-footed or something dumb, again?

His huge amount of rank and file military support is ironic to me, because he's so anathema to the values I associate with our military. And yeah, anybody who stigmatizes mental health anything is setting us back.

That said, Zoogs got it and I view this as just kind of an example of how out of touch Trump can be. It's similar to me to HW's "How much does a gallon of milk cost?" moment.

• 2 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/789139091350773760

Trump's smearing of these women has been appalling. His defense about them not being attractive enough or not being his first choice was a horrible decision even by his standards, IMO.

I'm so ready to get past this election.

Trump's philosophy: if anyone wrongs him, anything said about them is fair game. He can go after their weight, their looks, their religion, their race. He thinks if they're a bad person that it's okay to use these things against him.