What are YOU voting on in the fall?

Voting Priorities  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Donald Trump wins either way, he can't lose. If he wins he gets president, if he loses his name and company will boom because he got his brand out to the public. History is made either way to, if he wins our first lady is the first foreign born first lady in a long time(since Adams) and if he loses "make america great again" will be 2-1 in the election.

He got his brand out to the public? Everyone already knew about it. We were saturated with it. What he got out to the public were his bigoted views.

Everyone already knew about those already as well.

Donald Trump wins either way, he can't lose. If he wins he gets president, if he loses his name and company will boom because he got his brand out to the public. History is made either way to, if he wins our first lady is the first foreign born first lady in a long time(since Adams) and if he loses "make america great again" will be 2-1 in the election.

He got his brand out to the public? Everyone already knew about it. We were saturated with it. What he got out to the public were his bigoted views.

No, they didn't. I thought he was a rude idiot who didn't like Obama. I didn't know how bigoted he was. There have been interviews and articles in the past with quotes that show this but they weren't in most people's awareness until now.

No, they didn't. I thought he was a rude idiot who didn't like Obama. I didn't know how bigoted he was. There have been interviews and articles in the past with quotes that show this but they weren't in most people's awareness until now.

It's been pretty obvious for years for anyone who has seen him on TV doing interviews and such. When he's been on talk shows he has always shown his arrogance and such just by the way he looks in general. Just look at how many times he's been sued or gone through bankruptcy, it's been on the news and he's shown his true colors openly over the years. Now he's simply getting much more facetime than he used to and people are actually paying attention to the news right now, no matter which side of the ticket you're on.

I'm still locked into Johnson/Weld this election. I simply cannot vote for Chump or Shillary.

Regardless of his motives, you know Trump is just absolutely in hog heaven with the amount of attention he's soaking up right now. Even as a pseudo-celebrity most of his life, he's NEVER been the focus quite like this.

JJ, I think the argument for how this helps him is this:

I don't think he really cares about winning, so take that off the table. Just focusing on his brand itself, obviously he's spewed a lot of hateful, bigoted, dogwhistley-racist type of stuff over the last year-plus. But it's generated an incredible amount of media coverage, and he's developed a very dedicated, unwavering, passionate following doing so. Now, they're passionate about a lot of the wrong things, but they're damn near set in stone-- almost cult-like in their devotion.

But to him, any pub is good pub. He recently said the following (paraphrasing): "I know I sometimes have to say ridiculous things to keep the media stream going-- that's the cost of doing business." He knows what he's doing, but the negativity generated doesn't matter. He's building his base.

I think he thinks when the election falls away, he'll try to catapult himself onto some NBC-like landing spot and try to bank off of his publicity. Obviously, they booted his Apprentice contract after the "Mexican rapists" comment (they're partners with Univision, IIRC), but he assumes somewhere will take him in spite of the public outcry against him right now because if he produces ratings, al that stuff can be overlooked. Pretty sad, but I could see someone doing it.

The addition of the Breitbart guy only strengthens this idea. I could see those two partnering to create an actual "Trump TV" network to cater to Trump's new following and the nuts that already consume Breitbart.

You should include "I'm not voting" so the majority of readers will have an option

So sad, but oh so true. I can pretty much promise 50-60% of the Bernie supporters simply wont vote this election(read the kids).

Why is this sad? If people intend to vote for the candidate that I don't support, I would prefer that they stay home.

You should include "I'm not voting" so the majority of readers will have an option

So sad, but oh so true. I can pretty much promise 50-60% of the Bernie supporters simply wont vote this election(read the kids).

Why is this sad? If people intend to vote for the candidate that I don't support, I would prefer that they stay home.

It's sad that people just stay home and complain rather than attempt to fix it or be a part of trying to fix it. I'm sure you would prefer others to benefit you, as does Shrillary and Chump, and that there is the problem. People don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves anymore. I could care less who you want in office either way, you go and vote for whoever you want, and I'll do the same but I wont be the one pissing and moaning when I attempted to put who I felt deserved to be in office rather than doing nothing but sitting at home pissing and moaning about who wins when i didn't even attempt to stop it.

He may or may not think they are staying home. But if he says it enough times, perhaps it will become true.

For example, warring nations will attempt to blast demoralizing propaganda at their foes... "Your allied armies are taking heavy losses", etc, whether or not it's true. Make sense?

On the topic itself, I'm far more willing to say "Trump is an awful candidate" because __, ___, and ____ than I am willing to have confidence in the political strength of his opposition. There the best I can do is that the August polls seem good, and hopefully they'll stay that way and the actual vote will reflect the projections. It's not at all a sure thing, especially if people start assuming it'll happen and then modifying their voting behavior accordingly.

(That was at least part of the deal with Brexit, right? Voters who either didn't vote or voted leave said, "I was sure Leave would lose, so I didn't think my actual preference of Stay needed my vote.")

... and then got angry about it. My mind was blown to read that headline. How idiotic.

I'm curious to see how this develops. Turnout is key this fall. You've got Trump surrogates digging up stories of Black Panthers trying to intimidate Romney voters in Philly in almost exclusively minority precincts. I don't buy that. Who were they trying to intimidate?

And then there's the factor of if Trump's campaign unravels further under the new Stone, Ailes, Breitbart, et al., leadership and the RNC pulls funds to divert them elsewhere. I think that's a long shot, and self-defeating, since if Trump's still getting pummeled at that point, he could tell his base to not bother voting and sink GOP candidates anyway.

He may or may not think they are staying home. But if he says it enough times, perhaps it will become true.

For example, warring nations will attempt to blast demoralizing propaganda at their foes... "Your allied armies are taking heavy losses", etc, whether or not it's true. Make sense?

On the topic itself, I'm far more willing to say "Trump is an awful candidate" because __, ___, and ____ than I am willing to have confidence in the political strength of his opposition. There the best I can do is that the August polls seem good, and hopefully they'll stay that way and the actual vote will reflect the projections. It's not at all a sure thing, especially if people start assuming it'll happen and then modifying their voting behavior accordingly.

(That was at least part of the deal with Brexit, right? Voters who either didn't vote or voted leave said, "I was sure Leave would lose, so I didn't think my actual preference of Stay needed my vote.")

I think they will. Between primary numbers and rally turnouts, some people are going to be pretty overwhelmed at the disparity on election day.

I think they will. Between primary numbers and rally turnouts, some people are going to be pretty overwhelmed at the disparity on election day.

Who do you think is staying home and not voting?

It has been consistently shown that primary numbers and rally turnouts are not at all indicative of election day turnout.