What are YOU voting on in the fall?

Voting Priorities  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I thought it would be fun to have a poll to see not who we were voting for in the fall, but why.

I tried to list every possible issue I could come up with off the top of my head. If I forgot one that matters to you, feel free to write it in! I figure this should lead to some good conversation as well. Most of these go both ways, so feel free to explain your stance one way or the other.

I allowed for multiple answers, but for the sake of clarity, try to pare it down to 2 or 3 topics of particular importance to you in the fall.

Have at it!

I selected The Economy, Supreme Court appointments, & candidate integrity.

The economy is always priority #1 in my book.

And Supreme Court appointments are really more important than who lives in the WH for 4 years. Generally I would not like to see the SC become more liberal. Although I am not necessarily for it becoming more conservative either. Although I am personally opposed to abortion and would like to see the numbers reduced in that area, I don't believe it is our government's job to tell people that they can't have a safe abortion so overturning Roe v Wade is not on my priority list. I would also like to see a little something accomplished with gun violence but am also very leery of infringing gun owners rights. Would rather they adopted some common sense licensing/qualification procedures to keep guns out of the hands of people who should not have them to start with rather than getting carried away with 2nd amendment revision. I'm fairly libertarian when it comes to the social issues and would prefer the court simply upheld the laws without becoming too activist or re-interpreting intent.

But the issue that is probably influencing my vote the most this time around is candidate integrity. I could give 2 squirts about personality but integrity is important and neither of the top 2 candidates have any. Won't be voting for either of them. I still don't know much about Johnson and where he falls on the issues. It's been a mixed bag on what I do know but at least he passes the human being test and that might be all it takes in 2016. If I find out I don't like his economic plans, I don't know what I'll do....probably still vote for him and assume Washington will remain in dysfunctional gridlock.

A politically illiterate chump that ranges from loose cannon to orthodox Republican social conservatism, versus a details-oriented lifelong policy wonk who will pursue some pretty reasonable, standard progressive agenda items, like protecting progressive gains in the ACA and climate initiatives, fighting income inequality, and so on. Gee, I wonder...

The GOP is powerful today not because it's rigged, but because they're popular. We legitimately, as a country, can't get past are all people really people and should we be racist, or maybe not?... The GOP remains the governing party of the United States -- think about that. They control more state legislatures than not, dominate the House and will continue to do so, and currently have the Senate. The adults in their camp are no longer even in charge. The GOP needs a reckoning, for all our sakes, and the way to deliver that to them is rejecting them at the polls, all the way down the ballot.

So, easy choice. It's not a personality contest. It's not about wearing a badge of honor. It's just which of the two possible post-January Americas I want to see.

Oh zoogs..... I think you'll get part of your wish and the GOP will get soundly rejected in the Presidential race, as they should for running a know nothing blowhard. There shouldn't be much concern about that happening. As far as rejecting them "all the way down the ballot", well, I hope for all our sakes that doesn't happen. The last thing we need is a runaway progressive agenda with Hillary in charge. Hopefully some of the whacky hardcore right will lose along with some of the whacky hardcore left and the whole deal moves more to the center. But we don't need the liberal lefties running roughshod.

And I don't know about protecting progressive gains in the ACA. I guess it depends on what you consider progressive. I wouldn't call still wildly out of control healthcare costs and premium increases any kind of good progress. That sucker needs lots of work before it starts benefitting anyone. Unfortunately, I have no idea who is going to precipitate the change that is needed with it. We don't need it thrown out but it sure does need some major tweaking. I can live with protecting climate initiatives and addressing income equality, problem is the dems don't have all the best answers either. Little steps, not giant leaps.

• Fire 2

Donald Trump wins either way, he can't lose. If he wins he gets president, if he loses his name and company will boom because he got his brand out to the public. History is made either way to, if he wins our first lady is the first foreign born first lady in a long time(since Adams) and if he loses "make america great again" will be 2-1 in the election.

Donald Trump wins either way, he can't lose. If he wins he gets president, if he loses his name and company will boom because he got his brand out to the public. History is made either way to, if he wins our first lady is the first foreign born first lady in a long time(since Adams) and if he loses "make america great again" will be 2-1 in the election.

He got his brand out to the public? Everyone already knew about it. We were saturated with it. What he got out to the public were his bigoted views.

• Fire 1

A politically illiterate chump that ranges from loose cannon to orthodox Republican social conservatism, versus a details-oriented lifelong policy wonk who will pursue some pretty reasonable, standard progressive agenda items, like protecting progressive gains in the ACA and climate initiatives, fighting income inequality, and so on. Gee, I wonder...

The GOP is powerful today not because it's rigged, but because they're popular. We legitimately, as a country, can't get past are all people really people and should we be racist, or maybe not?... The GOP remains the governing party of the United States -- think about that. They control more state legislatures than not, dominate the House and will continue to do so, and currently have the Senate. The adults in their camp are no longer even in charge. The GOP needs a reckoning, for all our sakes, and the way to deliver that to them is rejecting them at the polls, all the way down the ballot.

So, easy choice. It's not a personality contest. It's not about wearing a badge of honor. It's just which of the two possible post-January Americas I want to see.

Mother of God.....

• Fire 1

He got his brand out to the public? Everyone already knew about it. We were saturated with it. What he got out to the public were his bigoted views.

Yeah, how can the "message" he has been getting out benefit him in any way, shape or form? No way in hell I would knowingly patronize any business of his after this fiasco. His followers don't strike me as the type to be living the life and staying in high end accomodations anyway. I am/was republican and given the choice of staying at one of his properties for free or paying the going rate at a Hampton Inn, I would pay for the lesser room. That wouldn't have been the case before I got to know more about him.

Yeah, how can the "message" he has been getting out benefit him in any way, shape or form? No way in hell I would knowingly patronize any business of his after this fiasco. His followers don't strike me as the type to be living the life and staying in high end accomodations anyway. I am/was republican and given the choice of staying at one of his properties for free or paying the going rate at a Hampton Inn, I would pay for the lesser room. That wouldn't have been the case before I got to know more about him.

About a month ago I was in Chicago. I asked at the hotel for a recommendation on restaurants. She told me to walk south then turn right and I will see Trump Tower in front of me, the restaurant is right there. I specifically asked if the restaurant was in the tower because there was no way in hell I was going to walk in that building and sit down and eat.

Luckily, it was in the building right next to it.