College Football Locks

Not that I know anything Mav but that Bama line is so odd. If they can beat SC as bad as they did, they should be beating WK by 28 after the 1st. To me, that would cause me to stay off it. No reason that line should be so low. Maybe they forgot to put the 1 in front of the 28.5 so 128.5.

As I stated above a few post Mav, the line being 28.5 for Bama was ridicules to begin with. 99.5 % of the population saw what Bama did to USC, winning by 46 points, and yet, they can't cover 28.5 against WK. Really???

I played around with numbers a lot in my younger years in CFB and Pro. Every weekend for many years!

I know this may sound out of touch because no-one ever believes it could be possible, but Vegas controls a lot more than one would think.

Sorry you lost, hopefully you will take my suggestion to heart, going forward when looking at things that's just don't make sense! Good luck!

• Fire 1

As I stated above a few post Mav, the line being 28.5 for Bama was ridicules to begin with. 99.5 % of the population saw what Bama did to USC, winning by 46 points, and yet, they can't cover 28.5 against WK. Really???

I played around with numbers a lot in my younger years in CFB and Pro. Every weekend for many years!

I know this may sound out of touch because no-one ever believes it could be possible, but Vegas controls a lot more than one would think.

Sorry you lost, hopefully you will take my suggestion to heart, going forward when looking at things that's just don't make sense! Good luck!

Yeah, I saw your earlier post. I thought the same thing when I saw the line. I knew Western Kentucky had some players but I thought Bama's strength and depth on both lines would wear them down. Just not quite enough.

How about a 3 game doyle...all in one game.

Nebraska +3

Oregon +9

Neb/Ore over 67

That's not my picks but, if I was a gambling man...

Dang! I loved Doyles! Everyone calls them "teasers" now but to me it will always be a doyle!

Ha, that's how long it's been since I've really done this. I quit betting football in 97. I remember because I made a killing that year with the Huskers and Denver Broncos both having good years. Figured I'd never do any better so I quit.

• Fire 1

Ha, that's how long it's been since I've really done this. I quit betting football in 97. I remember because I made a killing that year with the Huskers and Denver Broncos both having good years. Figured I'd never do any better so I quit.

+1 for being one of the incredibly few people who know when to walk away. And do it. Well done, sir! :lol:

• Fire 1

+1 for being one of the incredibly few people who know when to walk away. And do it. Well done, sir! :lol:

I liked doing it but I also saw a lot of crazy things happen that a person could never anticipate. Some of them, especially in NFL games, were incredibly suspicious. Anyway I got to the point where I realized it didn't matter how good I may be at picking winners, it still all boiled down to luck or the nefarious actions of others. Also, I learned long ago that if you don't quit while you're ahead, you'll always quit a loser.