5 Stars 2016 vs past 5 years

One thing is for sure: if you don't recruit them, they won't come! It never hurts to try. I think the interest expressed by a handful of the top recruits helps to draw interest from other higher grade recruits and can be helpful in the long run. We might well find as much 'talent' in the mass of 3 star guys as in a handful of the 5 stars but we need to build momentum and get national attention from the pundits and commentators and etc. :Publicity helps as the word of mouth advertising that goes on with the internet, etc, certainly ought to make a difference.

Considering the 5-7 record, I think it is rather amazing the interest and the looks we are getting. This suggests to me that the Nebraska brand remains more attractive than many want to give it credit for in the recent years. Now, if we put together a 10 win season this fall, I think we'll see a number of 4 and 5 star guys and quality 3s (which maybe should be rated higher) sign with the Huskers. Now, if we flop on the field, things may collapse. This is the risk one takes when making major changes - it will either work or it will not. Once a plateau or ceiling has been hit, the only option becomes make a radical shift and hope the new approach will break through given a little time. If not, one has no choice but to try, try again. We need a dozen or so legacy kids from the late 90s to come in as well. Time is ripe for the 90s guys to be having college age sons ready to help.

Who put together that supposed list of Pelini's visitors? I did a very quick search and found at least priest willis, a 5-star CB, that visited in 2012. how many other people are missing from that list?

Classic case of person putting out pure misinformation and people latching onto it without a second thought because it confirms their bias.

Who put together that supposed list of Pelini's visitors? I did a very quick search and found at least priest willis, a 5-star CB, that visited in 2012. how many other people are missing from that list?

Classic case of person putting out pure misinformation and people latching onto it without a second thought because it confirms their bias.

You could be right, maybe it was only one over 8 years.

Its safe to say that Riley really has recruiting on the up tick over what we were used to.

Is that safe to say? We are like 9th in the B10 right now. 30th in the nation.

I'm actually fine with how things are progressing, but let's not pretend he's outside of the norm the last four coaches maintained.

p.s., the only one listed during the past four years in that propaganda piece was Peat. Obviously that list was wrong. How wrong, we don't know. It's all just shiny object distractions and pillory, though.

Going off of Rivals visit lists from 09'-15', only three players finished ranked as 5 stars that visited. Owa, Peat, and Jonathan Bullard were all listed, but I'm quite sure Bullard never ended up making it here (someone correct me if I'm wrong please).

Is that safe to say? We are like 9th in the B10 right now. 30th in the nation.

I'm actually fine with how things are progressing, but let's not pretend he's outside of the norm the last four coaches maintained.

p.s., the only one listed during the past four years in that propaganda piece was Peat. Obviously that list was wrong. How wrong, we don't know. It's all just shiny object distractions and pillory, though.

I don't want to get into Bo bashing, that would be easy. Riley is clearly recruiting harder than Bo ever thought of. ( I believe Bo gave away 7 schollies to walkons in 2013 because he could not give them away to recruits) Callahan would be closest in his final year for the talent he was bringing in to visit.

• Fire 1

Going off of Rivals visit lists from 09'-15', only three players finished ranked as 5 stars that visited. Owa, Peat, and Jonathan Bullard were all listed, but I'm quite sure Bullard never ended up making it here (someone correct me if I'm wrong please).

I believe those 3 are correct and all three were drafted in the first 3 rounds into the NFL

cm your in quick sand, stop struggling, you will sink slower!

Thanks for the details. Could you post the link to those lists? I'm having trouble finding them via google.

I believe those 3 are correct and all three were drafted in the first 3 rounds into the NFL

And Bo got them onto campus, which apparently is the hallmark of good recruiting per some. Personally, I don't find that to be a meaningful metric.

Closing is more important, and if you're going to buy into the star hype, per the following link, NU is not in a great position to close on many high star guys - hopefully that changes with a breakout season in '16.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Targets

If that's accurate, it appears we currently have only 1 4-star probable commit and a 15% chance with a 5-star. If that's it, I don't see how this class can finish inside the top 20, or even the top 25.

And Bo got them onto campus, which apparently is the hallmark of good recruiting per some. Personally, I don't find that to be a meaningful metric.

Closing is more important, and if you're going to buy into the star hype, per the following link, NU is not in a great position to close on many high star guys - hopefully that changes with a breakout season in '16.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Targets

If that's accurate, it appears we currently have only 1 4-star probable commit and a 15% chance with a 5-star. If that's it, I don't see how this class can finish inside the top 20, or even the top 25.

You don't seem to find anything meaningful when it comes to Riley and his staff. How do you know we are not in a great position to close on these guys. Many spent their own dime to make multiple trips to Lincoln. You do not do that if there is not serious interest. As stated an confirmed earlier, Riley has more interest in high profile players this year than Bo had in his entire career here. Wrap yourself in your own wet blanket. I haven't been here that long and I am already tired of it. I have never seen a supposed husker fan take a more negative position on nearly every issue.

Thanks for the details. Could you post the link to those lists? I'm having trouble finding them via google.

I just went to the Nebraska rivals website and under the recruiting tab they have football visit lists. Then you can select the year and it shows everyone that OVd that year and the dates they were there.