Colin Kaepernick: dbag or not?

You know.....the entire issue of police and the black community is extremely frustrating to me. I support good police efforts and understand they have a very tough job to do. And...I understand there is, what I consider, a small minority that are bad cops.

However, this issue just pisses me off the more I read or hear about it.

Video shows police pepper-spraying teen girl

There is no way in hell this needed to happen the way it did. These officers need to have their badges taken and never see law enforcement as a job again.

And...yes...I understand she wasn't obeying police officers.

This is the problem with today's society, it's the officers fault, not the girls fault, yet she's the one who is resisting the officers who are trying to get her to stay there and her actions escalated the situation. I'm not saying I'm a fan of spraying the girl in the back of the vehicle, but she refused to put her legs in the vehicle. It's possible that the department's SOP's state, officers can do this there and they've been trained that way with the Chief of Police supporting their actions there. It comes down to one simple word folks................comply.

We're talking about a 15 year old girl who was just hit by a car. Here's another simple word: adapt. If you're a police officer you should adapt to the situation at hand. There were many actions leading up to the spraying that showed these officers were not using their brains.

Please, pick up an app and show us all how it's supposed to be done since you know it all.

Would you wrestle a 15 year old girl that weighs 100 pounds after she got hit by a car while riding her bike, just because she wants to go home? And then pepper spray her while she's inside a vehicle because her feet weren't inside it? If not, why are you defending those who did?

Why can't you practice what you preach and realize this is one incident and admitting that they did something wrong doesn't mean you're admitting that all police are like this? You're defending them as if all the police are perfect and it couldn't possibly be their fault. Others here are saying these SPECIFIC police officers did something wrong, because they did. We're not saying all police officers are in the wrong. We're not saying this is a common occurrence. You on the other hand give police the benefit of the doubt regardless of the evidence.

It comes down to one simple word folks................comply.

No matter what, or else.

It's scary that some think we should live in such a totalitarian state.

People seem to forget that we pay our police and they serve at our pleasure. A badge isn't a license to act as a dictator.

Luckily 99.999% of police do a great job and exercise sound judgment in tough situations day in and day out.

Serve at your pleasure? So you just want the police to allow people to do whatever they want and not enforce the laws? And obviously get shot or shot at first before we react? lmao, makes total sense................

• Fire 1

You know.....the entire issue of police and the black community is extremely frustrating to me. I support good police efforts and understand they have a very tough job to do. And...I understand there is, what I consider, a small minority that are bad cops.

There is no way in hell this needed to happen the way it did. These officers need to have their badges taken and never see law enforcement as a job again.

This is the problem with today's society, it's the officers fault, not the girls fault, yet she's the one who is resisting the officers who are trying to get her to stay there and her actions escalated the situation. I'm not saying I'm a fan of spraying the girl in the back of the vehicle, but she refused to put her legs in the vehicle. It's possible that the department's SOP's state, officers can do this there and they've been trained that way with the Chief of Police supporting their actions there. It comes down to one simple word folks................comply.

We're talking about a 15 year old girl who was just hit by a car. Here's another simple word: adapt. If you're a police officer you should adapt to the situation at hand. There were many actions leading up to the spraying that showed these officers were not using their brains.

Please, pick up an app and show us all how it's supposed to be done since you know it all.

Would you wrestle a 15 year old girl that weighs 100 pounds after she got hit by a car while riding her bike, just because she wants to go home? And then pepper spray her while she's inside a vehicle because her feet weren't inside it? If not, why are you defending those who did?

Why can't you practice what you preach and realize this is one incident and admitting that they did something wrong doesn't mean you're admitting that all police are like this? You're defending them as if all the police are perfect and it couldn't possibly be their fault. Others here are saying these SPECIFIC police officers did something wrong, because they did. We're not saying all police officers are in the wrong. We're not saying this is a common occurrence. You on the other hand give police the benefit of the doubt regardless of the evidence.

That's your opinion, you're wrong, but you can have your opinion. That's what people who hide on the internet and are mostly anonymous do these days unfortunately. I wasn't there, so I'm not going to say what I would or would not do because I'm grown up enough to know that I'm not going to have all the facts or how the situation went down from some video posted on the internet. I wait for facts to come out and the situation to play out before I make any determination. Try it sometime, it's pretty great.

• Fire 1

Please, pick up an app and show us all how it's supposed to be done since you think it could've been handled differently. There is no perfect way to handle something, there are other ways and that's exactly what they are. Just another way to handle something.

There were lots of ways to handle it that were better than this. And what are you talking about with the app stuff? I guess you're implying someone MUST be a police officer in order to have an opinion on what what they should and shouldn't be allowed to do. That's illogical.

Please, pick up an app and show us all how it's supposed to be done since you think it could've been handled differently. There is no perfect way to handle something, there are other ways and that's exactly what they are. Just another way to handle something.

There were lots of ways to handle it that were better than this. And what are you talking about with the app stuff? I guess you're implying someone MUST be a police officer in order to have an opinion on what what they should and shouldn't be allowed to do. That's illogical.

Some of you people in here are fantastic at implying stuff and adding words and meaning from a post. So I've started doing it so the playing field is even. Nope, I said if you think you can do better then pick up an app. Meaning rather than sit on the sidelines to this mess and be a shouldacouldawoulda come out a play on the field and maybe you can teach some officers a thing or two. Or maybe you'll see what the reality of what we're dealing with is. Either way someone will learn something and if we aren't learning and evolving that's a problem for everyone.

That's your opinion, you're wrong, but you can have your opinion. That's what people who hide on the internet and are mostly anonymous do these days unfortunately. I wasn't there, so I'm not going to say what I would or would not do because I'm grown up enough to know that I'm not going to have all the facts or how the situation went down from some video posted on the internet. I wait for facts to come out and the situation to play out before I make any determination. Try it sometime, it's pretty great.

So if I have an opinion I should start some sort of rally instead of discussing it on a forum? Or just not talk at all? What? Also, I don't live anywhere near where this happened. Talking about it on the internet is pretty much what I'm limited to. If it happened in my neighborhood that would be different.

Some of you people in here are fantastic at implying stuff and adding words and meaning from a post. So I've started doing it so the playing field is even. Nope, I said if you think you can do better then pick up an app. Meaning rather than sit on the sidelines to this mess and be a shouldacouldawould come out a play on the field and maybe you can teach some officers a thing or two. Or maybe you'll see what the reality of what we're dealing with is. Either way someone will learn something and if we are learning and evolving that's a problem for anyone.

Aren't you confirming exactly what I just said? That you must be a police officer to have an opinion on what they shoudl and shouldn't be allowed to do? That's literally what you're saying in this reply.

Reminds me of people who think those who haven't coached or played football aren't allowed to discuss it.

So if I have an opinion I should start some sort of rally instead of discussing it on a forum? Or just not talk at all? What? Also, I don't live anywhere near where this happened. Talking about it on the internet is pretty much what I'm limited to. If it happened in my neighborhood that would be different.

No, by all means have your opinion, that's your right, just like my right to have my opinion isn't diminished because of the fact that I'm an officer. I just have a different perspective that you yourself refuse to acknowledge is even a realistic possibility. I'm immediately covering for every officer in your eyes, nevermind what my personal thoughts are in my head that are for me and me alone until I see all the facts.

No matter what, or else.

People seem to forget that we pay our police and they serve at our pleasure. A badge isn't a license to act as a dictator.

Luckily 99.999% of police do a great job and exercise sound judgment in tough situations day in and day out.

Serve at your pleasure? So you just want the police to allow people to do whatever they want and not enforce the laws? And obviously get shot or shot at first before we react? lmao, makes total sense................

It was bad wording but he's saying taxes pay for police.

Also: "Luckily 99.999% of police do a great job and exercise sound judgment in tough situations day in and day out."

Some of you people in here are fantastic at implying stuff and adding words and meaning from a post. So I've started doing it so the playing field is even. Nope, I said if you think you can do better then pick up an app. Meaning rather than sit on the sidelines to this mess and be a shouldacouldawould come out a play on the field and maybe you can teach some officers a thing or two. Or maybe you'll see what the reality of what we're dealing with is. Either way someone will learn something and if we are learning and evolving that's a problem for anyone.

Aren't you confirming exactly what I just said? That you must be a police officer to have an opinion on what they shoudl and shouldn't be allowed to do? That's literally what you're saying in this reply.

Reminds me of people who think those who haven't coached or played football aren't allowed to discuss it.

Think what you want, as long as it makes you feel like you're right, which you constantly want everyone to believe, I'm happy. You're going to read my posts with a slant and jaded view anyways so I'm not going to try and explain it to you until I'm blue in the face. It's cool........ :thumbs

No, by all means have your opinion, that's your right, just like my right to have my opinion isn't diminished because of the fact that I'm an officer. I just have a different perspective that you yourself refuse to acknowledge is even a realistic possibility. I'm immediately covering for every officer in your eyes, nevermind what my personal thoughts are in my head that are for me and me alone until I see all the facts.

I'm not talking about what's in your head. I'm talking about the posts you make. No one thinks your opinion is diminished because you're a police officer. People are constantly saying we know these are anomalies. You refuse to acknowledge those parts of the posts, and assume anytime someone brings this stuff up we're bashing all police officers, and you.

Think what you want, as long as it makes you feel like you're right, which you constantly want everyone to believe, I'm happy. You're going to read my posts with a slant and jaded view anyways so I'm not going to try and explain it to you until I'm blue in the face. It's cool........ :thumbs

You say I need to pick up an application and become a police officer so I can show people "how it's done."

I say you're implying I need to become a police officer in order to have an opinion on "how it's done."

Which part of that is incorrect?

No matter what, or else.

Also: "Luckily 99.999% of police do a great job and exercise sound judgment in tough situations day in and day out."

Yep, we do, so everyone can't stop labeling us and listening to the B.S. the media is trying to push. I pay taxes too, I'm not exempt from them. And when people say "serve at our pleasure" or "civil servant" they're usually using it in a derogatory way IMO.

No matter what, or else.

Yep, we do, so everyone can't stop labeling us and listening to the B.S. the media is trying to push. I pay taxes too, I'm not exempt from them. And when people say "serve at our pleasure" or "civil servant" they're usually using it in a derogatory way IMO.

Some media might be doing that. Some ignoramuses might think it. Nobody in this discussion does. And judging by CM's other words on the matter I don't think he is using it in a derogatory way.

I'm not talking about what's in your head. I'm talking about the posts you make. No one thinks your opinion is diminished because you're a police officer. People are constantly saying we know these are anomalies. You refuse to acknowledge those parts of the posts, and assume anytime someone brings this stuff up we're bashing all police officers, and you.

My problem is that folks are quick to knee jerk a situation for what the media portrays it as and think they know what's going on. Rather than biting their tongue and waiting for the facts to come out they spew nonsense on the internet and social media which builds hate and causes further problems. So I try an offer a different perspective that several folks here don't want to listen to.