Colin Kaepernick: dbag or not?

Somewhere in this thread I got the feeling you were making excuses and false equivalencies nonstop in an attempt to reject all critical analysis of the Trump presidency to date.

Critique him all you want, could not care less. I didn't vote for him either. I just find the discussion to be a bit bias and I tend to take the minority side of a discussion.

So, the ONLY reason you defend Trump nonstop is because you're defending the minority position?

What did I defend? That those accusing him of lying about not taking a salary like he promised are wrong because technically he hasn't lied about that yet. A lie isn't a lie yet if it's based off of assumption.

Is it that you think I'm justifying his lying by saying all presidents lie? It's not a justification, it's a reason that our system is broken and needs fixing. But saying that the POTUS is the devil on a message board does very little to actually change that.

The amount of exaggerating in this post is what I would expect from a Trump advocate, not a truth advocate. For someone ONLY interested in the truth and NOT trying to defend Trump, you seem awfully passionate

• Fire 2

Somewhere in this thread I got the feeling you were making excuses and false equivalencies nonstop in an attempt to reject all critical analysis of the Trump presidency to date.

Critique him all you want, could not care less. I didn't vote for him either. I just find the discussion to be a bit bias and I tend to take the minority side of a discussion.

So, the ONLY reason you defend Trump nonstop is because you're defending the minority position?

What did I defend? That those accusing him of lying about not taking a salary like he promised are wrong because technically he hasn't lied about that yet. A lie isn't a lie yet if it's based off of assumption.

Is it that you think I'm justifying his lying by saying all presidents lie? It's not a justification, it's a reason that our system is broken and needs fixing. But saying that the POTUS is the devil on a message board does very little to actually change that.

The amount of exaggerating in this post is what I would expect from a Trump advocate, not a truth advocate. For someone ONLY interested in the truth and NOT trying to defend Trump, you seem awfully passionate

So condemning a man because you just expect a claim to turn into a lie is standard protocol. Mmmkay.

Again, not a Trump supporter but keep spinning it lol.

There are many problems. The "real problem", at least one of the major ones at the moment, is Trump.Always appealing to the existence of some other problem == lack of interest in addressing any.

Trump is a puppet, not the root. Crucify the puppet all you want, will change nothing.

Whose puppet is he?

And if it's wrong to be critical of Trump, what should we be doing? Help me understand the better plan you're advocating, Redux.

He's the governments puppet. Why would you want to hear my plan, you think I'm a trump supporter.

It's really pretty simple. Abolish the two party system and let the free thinking choose the right person, not the two puppets we are forced to choose from every 4 years. Saying is easier than doing though.

I would agree that Trump unwittingly serves the interests of others.In turn, deflecting criticism from him unwittingly serves Trump's interests.

Yeah, I feel a great big bundle of burden right now, lol. Come on, it's a freaking football message board with a political sub forum. Who here is making a giant difference?

Redux - Kudos on at least sticking around and advancing an unpopular position. Takes some wherewithal to do that.

Here's a quick recap of three specific promises they've made regarding salaries, income and inauguration funds, all of which they announced would be donated:

TL;DR:

1. Waiting on salary to be donated at end of year
  2. Waiting on Trump Org profits to be donated at end of year
  3. No word on what happened to inauguration proceeds

People are suspicious precisely because of what Knapp said. He's got a pattern of making showy, magnanimous proclamations like this to generate good pub and not following through. I can dig up other examples, but I just wanted to give very quick taste of why people would be suspicious. At this point, I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does follow through not here, but I don't at all expect it to happen.

• Fire 2

Well, if you'd like to hang on to this "I'm reasonable and in between" thing, then maybe you should consider whether or not you are in fact unwittingly playing the role of a Trump supporter.

Of course, if all of this reasonable stuff is of no concern to you, then by all means feel no burdens one way or the other.

• Fire 1

You're saying we shouldn't speak of him like he's the devil.

What hypocrisy are you pointing out?

I made the mistake of mentioning something I thought was at least a positive note. That was turned into "No it's not, screw Trump. He will end up turning this into a lie because he lied about other stuff".

Some don't care what he does, he is evil by default. That's fine. I just prefer waiting to see if something he says ends up becoming a lie before labeling it as such.

Stooping to his so called level of crass isn't the best way to gain support for your cause, just my opinion.

• Fire 1

Well, if you'd like to hang on to this "I'm reasonable and in between" thing, then maybe you should consider whether or not you are in fact unwittingly playing the role of a Trump supporter.Of course, if all of this reasonable stuff is of no concern to you, then by all means feel no burdens one way or the other.

I like how personal this is to you. Label me in whatever camp you want, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

• Fire 1