Colin Kaepernick: dbag or not?

I agree Mrandyk.

Here's my question though - is charitable giving something that is important to the typical conservative? I ask because I think it's become the norm for some of us and we expect it from others (and assume it's happening, especially from those with more disposable income). I feel like when we see his returns it will show he makes no or few contributions (shocker) - but will his base really care? Those of us who value that sort of philanthropy didn't vote for him anyway. So it will be another, "yup, figured that would be the case" and his supporters saying "he worked hard to earn that money he doesn't have to give it away".

We already know he's a blathering fool. I want to see proof of Trump ever making any sort of legitimate charitable contribution. Rounding my purchase at the grocery store up to the next dollar seems to be more than he gives.

I believe he agreed to forego his salary as POTUS and take only $1. That should count for something.

I agree Mrandyk.

Here's my question though - is charitable giving something that is important to the typical conservative? I ask because I think it's become the norm for some of us and we expect it from others (and assume it's happening, especially from those with more disposable income). I feel like when we see his returns it will show he makes no or few contributions (shocker) - but will his base really care? Those of us who value that sort of philanthropy didn't vote for him anyway. So it will be another, "yup, figured that would be the case" and his supporters saying "he worked hard to earn that money he doesn't have to give it away".

It sure as hell should be. Conservative Christians who want taxes lowered and not used to help those in need pretty much have to give to charity (and I know some do).

The problem I have with this philosophy of not helping via tax money is people don't give enough to charity to support everyone who's in need. There are too many a$$hole$ out there who would never help anyone else if not through their taxes. See Donald Trump. We need the safety nets that are provided with tax $.

We already know he's a blathering fool. I want to see proof of Trump ever making any sort of legitimate charitable contribution. Rounding my purchase at the grocery store up to the next dollar seems to be more than he gives.

I believe he agreed to forego his salary as POTUS and take only $1. That should count for something.

I read a headline recently (didn't bother clicking) saying he hadn't done that. I never thought he would.

I read a headline recently (didn't bother clicking) saying he hadn't done that. I never thought he would.

$400k isn't sh#t compared to what he makes off his businesses. Hopefully he hasn't gone back on this promise, but it looks like he is donating it back to the treasury at the end of the year.

Promises promises. He also agreed to give hotel proceeds from his rooms rented to foreign governments to charity once elected, and that extra money from his inauguration would also go to charity and etc. We'll see. When the press called him out on those last week the staff scrambled and said he'd now do so at the end of the year. They have yet to disclose the monies not spent on the inauguration (that I know of)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-camp-made-three-big-promises-to-donate-money-to-charity-what-happened/2017/03/17/7c9ebaec-0a72-11e7-a15f-a58d4a988474_story.html?utm_term=.2512b0f84ca1

And there again is my question - are the promises enough? The bluster saying he'll donate and he does? Does it make any difference if/when we find out he doesn't? Seems many things have moved forward only because the press corp chased him on it.

After Trump refused to release any evidence he was donating his salary, Spicer came out and said that the salary would be donated at the end of the year. Looking more and more like another broken promise.

We can't even take it for granted that he makes enough money from his businesses that he doesn't need the salary. He's lied so many times we can't afford to give him the benefit of the doubt.

People need to wake up and stop believing things this man says.

• Fire 1

Okay, then what?

Then people stop posting things like "so that counts for something" after believing another of his lies.

:P

The more people who realize he's sick in the head, the better. I can't fathom (not talking about you here) why people let him get away with stuff they wouldn't forgive their neighbor for.

Okay, then what?

Then people stop posting things like "so that counts for something" after believing another of his lies.

The more people who realize he's sick in the head, the better. I can't fathom (not talking about you here) why people let him get away with stuff they wouldn't forgive their neighbor for.

It's not exactly a lie, if he is waiting til the end of the year and does so, it wasn't a lie. Will everyone who accused him of lying own up to it? Doubtful. Even if they do it will be followed with a crapload of "yeah but...".

Everyone who hates him just assumes he is lying. That's why I can't get behind the "f#*k Trump" crowd. Default hate helps nothing.

Still waiting for an answer to then what? Convince someone Tump is a super evil lying bastard. Okay. Then what? Is there actually going to be some sort of uprising?

Okay, then what?

It's not exactly a lie, if he is waiting til the end of the year and does so, it wasn't a lie. Will everyone who accused him of lying own up to it? Doubtful. Even if they do it will be followed with a crapload of "yeah but...".

Everyone who hates him just assumes he is lying. That's why I can't get behind the "f#*k Trump" crowd. Default hate helps nothing.

Still waiting for an answer to then what? Convince someone Tump is a super evil lying bastard. Okay. Then what? Is there actually going to be some sort of uprising?

Yeah, it doesn't really matter I guess. This would be one of his smaller lies all things considered...

You ever wonder why we assume he's lying? Maybe because he constantly lies, built his campaigns on lies and disinformation, he continues to lie about things he's been recorded saying, he lies about "his" proposed legislation, he lies about everything!

That's what Presidents do, they all lie. Every. One. Of. Them. He just happens to be a polarizing public figure that got elected. So instead of focusing on the politics a majority of citizens will just put what he says on social media etc. under. A microscope and bitch about it while nothing changes.