Colin Kaepernick: dbag or not?

I wear our labels and assumptions with pride at times and tend to feed into the "where's the donuts" stuff and "pigs" stuff because you can't take yourself too seriously in life. He's not doing this tongue-in-cheek, he's doing it to be derogatory in nature which isn't any better than the stuff he's supposedly speaking out against. He's being a hypocrite and it's making him look stupid and weakening his position which is fine by me. The fact that the NFL won't stop this, but won't allow the Dallas Cowboys to wear helmet stickers showing support to the police just shows me why I prefer college football over the NFL. Where's the line to freedom of speech? I think when you're wearing the uniform of your employer that's where your freedom of speech tends to get limited as you are now acting as an employee of your employer and making it appear you are speaking for them. You had a chance to use your status as a platform young man...........you failed miserably.

Can't read about it now but did he wear the socks during a game? I really doubt they would let him. Or continue to let him after they notice.

No, he wore those during practice the other day after he spoke to the press about his position.

I wear our labels and assumptions with pride at times and tend to feed into the "where's the donuts" stuff and "pigs" stuff because you can't take yourself too seriously in life. He's not doing this tongue-in-cheek, he's doing it to be derogatory in nature which isn't any better than the stuff he's supposedly speaking out against. He's being a hypocrite and it's making him look stupid and weakening his position which is fine by me. The fact that the NFL won't stop this, but won't allow the Dallas Cowboys to wear helmet stickers showing support to the police just shows me why I prefer college football over the NFL. Where's the line to freedom of speech? I think when you're wearing the uniform of your employer that's where your freedom of speech tends to get limited as you are now acting as an employee of your employer and making it appear you are speaking for them. You had a chance to use your status as a platform young man...........you failed miserably.

Can't read about it now but did he wear the socks during a game? I really doubt they would let him. Or continue to let him after they notice.

No, he wore those during practice the other day after he spoke to the press about his position.

That's probably why the NFL allows it then. If they didn't it'd open a whole can of worms for other things players wear to practice.

Anyhow, I saw his explanation for the socks. He said he has police friends and relatives and the socks represent the jerks not all of the police. Kinda reminded me of Trump saying he has Black friends.

That's probably why the NFL allows it then. If they didn't it'd open a whole can of worms for other things players wear to practice.

Anyhow, I saw his explanation for the socks. He said he has police friends and relatives and the socks represent the jerks not all of the police. Kinda reminded me of Trump saying he has Black friends.

The NFL is dead to me.. They told the Cowboys they couldn't wear a sticker on their helmet that was in support of police.

• Fire 1

The NFL is dead to me.. They told the Cowboys they couldn't wear a sticker on their helmet that was in support of police.

The NFL is over the top with what teams can wear in games on their uniforms. The RB was fined for wearing pink outside of breast cancer awareness month. Or writing things on their shoes, or the wrong shoes, but the second they can spell a sponsorship they will add whatever they need to your jersey

Wonder if this will change anything.

The Santa Clara Police Union has reportedly threatened to stop working San Francisco 49ers games if the team does not make changes regarding Colin Kaepernick and his police protest.

This is not the first time police have protested Kaepernick’s protest.

BREAKING: Santa Clara Police Union sends letter to #49ers, saying they may stop working events unless changes are made w/ #Kaepernick.

— Ian Cull (@NBCian) September 3, 2016

In response to the recent pictures that showed Kaepernick wearing socks that depicted police as pigs, Bill Johnson, executive director of the National Association of Police Organizations, condemned the quarterback and the NFL for allowing him to express himself in such a way.

Probably because the police are sick of being the bastard children right now and have the right to speak up for themselves. Just because we're a "public servant" doesn't mean we can't have an opinion on the matter too. No one person's rights are more important than anyone else's, they're all equally as important. The police unions can speak out against this situation if they'd like, it'll amount to nothing, they simply want the NFL or the 49ers to condemn what he's doing on some level. A Chief of Police is not going to allow his/her officers to not work security at these events to make a statement. That spells career suicide for that Chief. I'd be shocked if it ever happened..............

• Fire 2

I agree. It's alarming that they won't allow the Cowboys to show support for fallen officers yet they will let this bozo CK continue to protest against the police by wearing socks that only fuel the flames in this hot button issue facing our nation.

Probably because the police are sick of being the bastard children right now and have the right to speak up for themselves. Just because we're a "public servant" doesn't mean we can't have an opinion on the matter too. No one person's rights are more important than anyone else's, they're all equally as important. The police unions can speak out against this situation if they'd like, it'll amount to nothing, they simply want the NFL or the 49ers to condemn what he's doing on some level. A Chief of Police is not going to allow his/her officers to not work security at these events to make a statement. That spells career suicide for that Chief. I'd be shocked if it ever happened..............

There's nothing at all wrong with them having an opinion or speaking out about it. They should. I'm only talking about the actual action they're suggesting if it happens.

I felt "meh, don't care" about the not standing for the anthem thing, but the socks show he's an idiot.

There's nothing at all wrong with them having an opinion or speaking out about it. They should. I'm only talking about the actual action they're suggesting if it happens.

I felt "meh, don't care" about the not standing for the anthem thing, but the socks show he's an idiot.

It won't happen, once I got into law enforcement I found how political it really is. It's political posturing is all it really is if you can really call it that.