‘Toughness’ would be good for Nebraska football, but talent would be better

Nice try tho! You must not have done much research on Ohio state. Had 3 classes in the top 10 during that span. With the number 1 class in 96 which was our highest class and the number 3 class in 93. And the other class was ranked 7th. If you are going to cherry pick nebraskas highest rated classes do the same with Ohio state.

First, Which site had those rankings?

Also, if you read the thread - The orginal comment was "NU couldn't out recruit OSU or MU for a 5 year span" I gave an example of a 5 year span - hard to say that is cherry picking.....Nice try tho!

I looked it up. Something which you didn't do because it took me over 2 hrs to find anything about Ohio state recruiting. Did you think you were going to go to rivals and get this stuff? None of that stuff even existed. So if you what to prove me wrong so bad do the research. I've already done it.

From ESPN

"Over the past six recruiting classes, from 2011 to 2016, Wisconsin has signed a total of 19 four-star players and zero five-star players. During that same span, LSU has signed 90 four- and five-star players, including 20 in the 2013 class alone, according to ESPN.com's ratings.

The Tigers will take the field for the season opener with 18 four- and five-star players in the starting 22 -- including all 11 players on defense. ESPN's average rating for LSU's starting defense is 4.09 stars, with an overall grade of 84.7. Meanwhile, the Badgers will have three offensive and defensive starters rated as four-star prospects out of high school. Only nine of Wisconsin's defensive starters even earned high school ratings and averaged 3.2 stars, with a grade of 76.1."

One can argue of course that star ratings are not that accurate. Still, thats a hell of a differential, I still think that coaching and other factors can trump that gap.

• Fire 1

Except that we didn't out recruit Ohio state. Or did you not read my last post.

Where do you get this knowledge? didn't know that everything you type is FACT

Nice bluff, as I mentioned I did a simple search and found it. I also gave the key search words. You on the other hand throw out some smoke about BS. Done talking to you because you bring nothing of importance.

I've said before we need to be in the top 15 of recruiting classes consistently. Never outside of the top 20. Right now I think we have been doing a good job recruiting so surprised we sit at #31 in points but we are #19 in avg. stars. Get the avg. stars into the top 15 and average points in the top 20 consistently and you'll see us win the BIG west a lot and go for more.

in the exclusive case of Wisconsin and LSU, yeah, stars dont matter that much. And there are individual cases of these all over the country. multiple ones each week. But it cant be ignored, that for long term success, you need the jimmys and joes. It's an inarguable fact. Wisconisins not playing for a National title this year. But they beat a team that was a favorite to. Yeah, coaching and other factors also factor in, and you'll never convince me the Les Miles is a top ten coach. Im not willing to stretch it top 20. The guy is garbage. I'd love to take in a practice or two. I cant imagine the unorganized schitzophrenic system they have, just based on what you see from them on gameday. With all that talent and access to anyone they want, why for the life of me cant they ever develop a qb, or legitimately score ANYTHING against a mediocre team? One TD was a pick six, the other the drive started on the Wisc 30. And you have the best running back in the country......