Northwestern's grass field is in terrible shape

knapplc

You mean with all the friggin genius's at that school they don't have one person capable of growing a decent stand of grass? On the flip side, with the amount of alumni money that one would think should be available, why don't they have field turf

Some colleges believe that book learning is more important than football, so their money follows those priorities and not whether their team wears Dweezy shoes or some such. Hard for some to believe, but it's true.

Then why don't those colleges get turf? it's much more cost-effective than keeping a grass field.

You mean with all the friggin genius's at that school they don't have one person capable of growing a decent stand of grass? On the flip side, with the amount of alumni money that one would think should be available, why don't they have field turf

Some colleges believe that book learning is more important than football, so their money follows those priorities and not whether their team wears Dweezy shoes or some such. Hard for some to believe, but it's true.
what a bunch of stupid science bitches
uh we were talking about a quality field to play on, not accessories. Most decent high school programs have better fields than that of Northwestern, and they don't get the benefit of B1G money.

Like I said, Northwestern might not care if they have a quality field or whether it matches up with that $59 million high school stadium down in Texas. If you got a bunch of Northwestern alumni together to talk about how their grass for the football field looks, their eyes would glaze over and they would probably switch the conversation to these facts about their University:

#12 national university

#5 business school

#8 education school

#12 law school

#17 medical school

US News & World Report

I'll say it again: Some universities just have other priorities than playing football. You should just try to be happy that Nebraska isn't one of them.

uh we were talking about a quality field to play on, not accessories. Most decent high school programs have better fields than that of Northwestern, and they don't get the benefit of B1G money.

Like I said, Northwestern might not care if they have a quality field or whether it matches up with that $59 million high school stadium down in Texas. If you got a bunch of Northwestern alumni together to talk about how their grass for the football field looks, their eyes would glaze over and they would probably switch the conversation to these facts about their University:

#12 national university

#5 business school

#8 education school

#12 law school

#17 medical school

US News & World Report

I'll say it again: Some universities just have other priorities than playing football. You should just try to be happy that Nebraska isn't one of them.

Having a great university and taking care of the football field aren't mutually exclusive propositions.

• Fire 1

Back in the old B1G days, when Michigan was routinely competent and NW was the Iowa State of the B1G, I remember hearing stories of how when Michigan fans would gloat after blowing NW out, the NW fans would remind the Michigan fans they would be working for NW alum when they graduated. :)

"Hey hey

Back in the old B1G days, when Michigan was routinely competent and NW was the Iowa State of the B1G, I remember hearing stories of how when Michigan fans would gloat after blowing NW out, the NW fans would remind the Michigan fans they would be working for NW alum when they graduated. :)

"Hey hey that's okay

We will be your boss some day"

iirc

"Hey hey

"Hey hey that's okay

We will be your boss some day"

iirc

I mean, it's not like Michigan academics are below those of Northwestern. I would say they're on par with one another.