Presidential Debates Discussion Thread

My favorite part of the debate was when both candidates advocated taking constitutional rights away from people without due process. Good times...

I think I caught that part, too. The bipartisan push for removing 2nd amendment rights for those on the opaquely maintained no-fly list is worrisome.

• Fire 2

Come to think of it...why are we okay with the security at Memorial Stadium opening up our bags?

Just wanted to respond to this.

Although a public university is "owned by the taxpayer," it's controlled and managed by the college staff itself. The campus grounds and Memorial Stadium are really considered to actually be private property.

So it doesn't really matter whether we're ok with it or not; they're under their legal rights to hire private security personnel to enforce such personal property checks to gain entrance. There's no violation of 4th Amendment rights to illegal search and seizure happening. And there's no profiling. You bring a bag, you want to enter, and the rules state that you either open the bag for a search or turn around.

^ Good piece.

CLINTON: The other day, I saw Donald saying that there were some Iranian sailors on a ship in the waters off of Iran, and they were taunting American sailors who were on a nearby ship. He said, you know, if they taunted our sailors, I'd blow them out of the water and start another war. That's not good judgment.

TRUMP: That would not start a war.

CLINTON: That is not the right temperament to be commander in chief, to be taunted. And the worst part...

TRUMP: No, they were taunting us.

Goodness.

If that exchange right there doesn't scare the crap out of everyone......something is seriously wrong with people.

The article is a great piece that shows the extent of how Hillary is prepared and smart (even though I don't like her) while Trump is just an incompetent idiot that is only good at saying outrageous things.

My favorite part of the debate was when both candidates advocated taking constitutional rights away from people without due process. Good times...

I think I caught that part, too. The bipartisan push for removing 2nd amendment rights for the no-fly list is worrisome.

I'd bet it won't stop with the 2nd Amendment either. The day we condone stripping people of rights without due process is the day justice dies.

I think I caught that part, too. The bipartisan push for removing 2nd amendment rights for those on the opaquely maintained no-fly list is worrisome.

Hey.....I've gotten in arguments with people before who claim..."I'm voting for Trump because Hillary wants to take our guns away". They don't like it when I say Trump supports gun control also.

I think I caught that part, too. The bipartisan push for removing 2nd amendment rights for the no-fly list is worrisome.

I'd bet it won't stop with the 2nd Amendment either. The day we condone stripping people of rights without due process is the day justice dies.

Meet The "Patriot" Act.

If the GOP wants to reinvent itself in a useful way, they could stop serving the interests of big corporations who don't want regulations or taxes, and be willing to compromise on public sector solutions while fighting for private citizens' rights.

Obama passed on completely repudiating the endless War on Terror and all the tools of the state that had been developed for it. That position is there, for someone to take.

Meet The "Patriot" Act.

Oh, don't even get me started on that.

• Fire 2

Obama passed on completely repudiating the endless War on Terror and all the tools of the state that had been developed for it. That position is there, for someone to take.

That was his biggest failure, and it's why I don't get caught up on rhetoric ala "Hope and Change" because the reality is, the new boss is mostly the same as the old boss.

• Fire 1