Week 5 Preview: Illinois

BIG ERN

I am thinking this game is 38-10. Tommy Gunn continues his heisman-esque season.

GBR

An extremely interesting statement.

The Heisman right now is all Lamar Jackon's, however if they fall to Clemson then have a few more losses he may be forgotten from the September hype.

Meanwhile, if Armstrong can at least get us to 8-0 and head into Ohio State week unbeaten, the heisman spotlight MAY be on him? Depending on how he finishes out the year he could get invited to New York, although I think Nebraska has to be a top 12 team for that to happen come seasons end.

Unless Nebraska goes to the playoff, I don't see Armstrong having a shot to win it. An invite would be great though.

I am thinking this game is 38-10. Tommy Gunn continues his heisman-esque season.

GBR

An extremely interesting statement.

The Heisman right now is all Lamar Jackon's, however if they fall to Clemson then have a few more losses he may be forgotten from the September hype.

Meanwhile, if Armstrong can at least get us to 8-0 and head into Ohio State week unbeaten, the heisman spotlight MAY be on him? Depending on how he finishes out the year he could get invited to New York, although I think Nebraska has to be a top 12 team for that to happen come seasons end.

Unless Nebraska goes to the playoff, I don't see Armstrong having a shot to win it. An invite would be great though.

Interesting discussion.

The only way I see TA anywhere close to it is if he keeps playing the way he is and we get to Wisconsin and OSU weeks and he does something very special in those games for us to win those games to make ESPN highlight reels. Those are some awfully big "IF"s.

Illinois is a very bad team, and NU should wipe the stadium turf with them.

Last year's game was a terrible, terrible loss. The Armstrong pass with less than a minute left in the game was the cap to a terribly called game and gameplan by Langsdorf. It was ludicrous for Armstrong to pass the ball over 40 times in a cold, windy, and rainy afternoon.

Illinois defensive stats don't ad up op.

As for this game I am very excited to take my girlfriend from Mississippi to her first Husker game and see all of the homecoming festivities!

Nobody on the NU sideline will accept defeat this time around against the Illini where as I believe they will be hoping for a win. Big difference in thought there and it will show.

38-7 win for Big Red in this one

Not to get into a big discussion about last year. But, I'm not sure who you think just 'accpeted defeat' last year on our sidelines.
No one I'm not talking about last year necessarily I just think after losing a game they should have won last year the huskers will come with a 'refuse to lose' attitude which will dominate Illinois 'hope we win this one' attitude. May not be what happens but I'm also a fan on a message board so imuch not exactly an expert

But if we are going to get specific, technically losing would be accepting defeat :P (kidding)

Illinois defensive stats don't ad up op.

As for this game I am very excited to take my girlfriend from Mississippi to her first Husker game and see all of the homecoming festivities!

Nobody on the NU sideline will accept defeat this time around against the Illini where as I believe they will be hoping for a win. Big difference in thought there and it will show.

38-7 win for Big Red in this one

Not to get into a big discussion about last year. But, I'm not sure who you think just 'accpeted defeat' last year on our sidelines.
No one I'm not talking about last year necessarily I just think after losing a game they should have won last year the huskers will come with a 'refuse to lose' attitude which will dominate Illinois 'hope we win this one' attitude. May not be what happens but I'm also a fan on a message board so imuch not exactly an expert

But if we are going to get specific, technically losing would be accepting defeat :P (kidding)

OK...that makes sense.

I'll say 42 to 21 Nebraska rolls. Offense will look good and the defense will be good enough. Maybe we will even see one of those punt return things I see lots of other teams doing

Edited ....because I was looking at the scores wrong.

I think both units will come into the game much more focused. I think your offense is about right but they will score less.

42 - 10