Armstrong Named B1G Offensive Player of the Week

Mavric

This is clear evidence of the QB development improvement over the old staff.

I guess you don't remember last year with the "new staff" do you?

Then again, maybe Armstrong should get the credit for improving himself, how about that idea?

But coaches play and players coach. Everyone knows this!

Then again, maybe Armstrong should get the credit for improving himself, how about that idea?

Last year with the new staff Tommy looked pretty good through four games, and had a higher ceiling than he had during his freshman/sophomore campaigns, but the same bottom and the same inconsistency.

I don't think there is much time to "develop" a QB when you have to install a brand new system to the entire team last year. In no way did I mean to diminish the work that Tommy has put in. The best coaches can't help a player if they aren't open to the coaching or willing to put the work in. I don't think anyone is short changing Tommy on what he has done to improve himself, but you need the coaching to help identify the skills to work on.

Landlord is right though. This is only 4 games with tougher competition coming. I just see this staff being a lot more flexible and actually tailoring the offense around the skill set of Tommy. We've heard that for years, but it seems like this is the first time I've actually seen it happen.